Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Foundation primer to help with patchiness on nose

I am so desperate to find a solution to this! No matter what primer/foundation I use, I always get patchy on my nose after 4 hours. I have tried so many primer brands: smashbox, too faced, becca, laura mercier, mac, cover fx. They all work great on keeping my make up on except for on my nose. I always set my make up with powder then setting spray too after applying.

Any suggestions on a primer or different product to help?? It drives me crazy! 

Thanks 🙂

Re: Foundation primer to help with patchiness on nose

Hey Kristen8, 

What is your current primer/foundation combo?

I've found that depending on the foundation I want to wear, I can/can't use certain primers. 

Also, do you have a drier skin type or an oilier t-zone?

Bisous, 

Sian

I currently use Laura Mercier hydrating primer, followed by Estee Lauder double wear foundation. I also use Laura Mercier translucent setting powder and the Urban Decay setting spray. 

I would say my skin is on the drier side. 

Thanks for the help! 

i'd either switch to a silicone-based primer (LM's are water-based) or wait for the primer to absorb into your skin longer before applying your foundation.

It is a bit pricier, but I've fallen in love with the Hourglass Veil Primer. I personally have combination skin and have had issues with patchiness on my nose in the past, but the Hourglass Primer has been a godsend. You always need to think of primers as a part of your skin care and use one that targets your skin type. Look into the ingredients and pinpoint things like silicone and dimethicone and steer clear, as they are not a good adhesive and will do you no favors. Educate yourself on ingredients and your skin's needs and do some research! Everyone is so different.

Also, a setting powder and a setting spray DEFINITELY help with patchiness. If you're not using these, I would definitely look into it. There are so many different types (mattifying, luminous, pore-refining, etc), so it's best to take your own skin type and skin care needs into account when buying a setting spray, setting powder, or a primer.

I will try that one out! Thanks for the help!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing