makeupobesessed

Foil sample packets (and how to use them)?

So, Ive been MIA for a while.  I still come around BT to read up, but I havent been posting recently.  I just came up with the idea to post this question, even though it's been an issue since forever...

I have tons of foil sample packets, as I'm sure you all do too, and I keep them in the bathroom where they will get used.  First problem is some of them are really hard to open, especially in the shower when my hands are wet.  What do you do to get them open?  Is there an easier way than force it with my teeth?

The other problem is that some samples I get a few uses out of, but I can't close it back up to preserve it or prevent it from dripping out if it falls to the side.  I also end up with open foil packets all over the place, as I'm usually using a few at the same time.  I cant lay these flat in a drawer for storage...any thoughts on what to do for this problem?  Some times my bathroom sink looks so cluttered with what my husband calls trash, b/c he's not getting that I am saving the sample for another use or two.  HELP!!!

spoiledbrat

Re: Foil sample packets (and how to use them)?

(0) Hearts

i cut them open before getting into the shower and prop them up so they do not spill till i use them.

prettyinpa

(0) Hearts

I was at a restaurant supply store yesterday and saw the cutest little packet size holder for sugar/sweetener that would be great for packets if you wanted to organize them on your counter. (I wouldn't take this in the shower in case it dropped as it looked like something that might shatter on tile). If I didn't already have something to put my foil packages in, I definitely would have gotten one.

hydee77

(0) Hearts

For the ones I will know I'm going to use in the shower, I will snip them beforehand with scissors.  Sometimes I don't remember this though lol.  As far as storing them,  I use those containers from the eye creams I receive in the VIB bags or those skincare sets that I know I won't use and and empty the foil packets into them.  I had multiples of the Ole Henrickens CC cream that I emptied into a small container and I got more than a weeks use that way.

prettyinpa

Hi Makeupobesssed-  Glad to see you back, I'd been wondering where you were.

I either put my samples in a contact lens case (I got smooth ones from Walgreens), I can put 2 different samples per case or cut off the teeniest bit of packet corner before I get in the shower.  If still in the foil packet, I wedge them between my pumice stone and nail brush next to the edge of the shower caddy. If in the contact case, I put it on the corner of the tub or shower.

qmgirl

(0) Hearts

I also put my foil pack samples into the little sample jars I get from sephora. And i have these multi color round sticker labels that i right on and then stick it to the top of the jar so I remember what i put in there. :smileyvery-happy:

qmgirl

(0) Hearts

write * on. :smileyvery-happy: lol

mafan

Sample jars. I save ones from store made samples (ones from cleansers and body washes clean up easily) and I bought some tiny ones on eBay as well. If the sample size is generous, I have a couple of travel size bottles that I use (for things like shampoo)   I solve the shower problem by opening the packet before I get into the shower and putting it into something else first. 

And yes, I have scissors in my bathroom. I think there is a pairin each one, and two pairs in the kitchen drawer. And a generic pair in my sewing supplies for paper and one in my travel needlework bag! Craft stores often have cheap packs of scissors and probably small containers, too. (And Michaels has 15 or 20% off this weekend, too.)

DTalksAll

I've been wondering where you went! WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!! I usually poke a hole in the samples with a needle, squeeze out what I need & then put it in a ziplock. Remember, the longer an item is exposed to air, the more it starts to breakdown & become less effective. 

For shower items (shampoo/conditioner/body wash) I'll open the packet with scissors & place it in the shower before I turn the water on. 

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Sephora sample jars, especially if I have multiple packets of the same thing. Or if you never kept your sample jar/never got samples, then eye cream jars.

arielaaaaaaaa

I fold them over and use bobby pins to close them. I don't have a problem with it. And I Pre cut before using in the shower and lean it against something so it stands up. 

Meg82

(0) Hearts

I do nearly the same thing with paperclips instead of bobby pins.  I also keep them inside ziploc bags just in case the clip comes off or something.

iknowitstoday

[ Edited ]

I cut them with scissors and you could stand them up in one of those $ store baskets to keep them standing upright.

and stack them in the narrow end and keep them from falling with a few dice? or clip them with a clothes pinto the edge

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts

Do you keep scissors in the bathroom? Shower?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • hydee77
    • spoiledbrat
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • ChicDabbler