VintageCamellia

Fake Clarisonics?!?!?!?!?!

(0) Hearts

Hi all,

I was going to order a Clarisonic from skin-etc.com, which I heard about here on Beauty Talk. It has the best deal I've seen out of all the places I've seen that sell them. But then I became aware of fake Clarisonics out there and now I'm wary of them. Has anyone ordered from skin-etc and can vouch for that website? 

maggie1998

Re: Fake Clarisonics?!?!?!?!?!

(0) Hearts

I'm 90% positive that those Clarisonics are fake. Aside from the 20% off and free brush head, which sounds too good to be true, the design of the site looks very suspicious.. I was tempted to buy one off of their site after reading the "authorized retailers" someone here mentioned. However, skin-etc is not part of the authorized retailers list: http://www.clarisonic.com/clarisonic-authorized-retailers/clarisonic-authorized-retailers.html

Upon closer inspection, you can see that the design of Skin-etc's clarisonic does not correlate with those of the ACTUAL clarisonic. If you look really carefully, you'll see that there's an extra white mark on the fake Clarisonic on the left. It's a little hard to see, but be very attentive to the details of both Clarisonics, and you'll recognize slight changes. 

Real Clarisonic: http://www.clarisonic.com/887242004009-887242004009.html

Fake Clarisonic: http://www.skin-etc.com/clmia2lafl.html

Based on my observations, skin-etc should not be trusted, though in the end, the decision is yours to make. For those who are trying to find deals on authentic clarisonics, visit their authorIzed retailers page and visit each and every site. Yes, it's time consuming, but you'll find that some stores have 20% off store-wide, which would bring a Mia 2 down to $120.

chupi

(0) Hearts

I got a legit Clarisonic Plus Gift Set for $175 on skinstore.com ($50 off $200).

sm2992svet

I purchased mine from the Sephora in Times Square NYC during the F&F sale this month and turns out it's a fake according to Clarisonic. The lot code is not valid!!!!

VintageCamellia

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Okay! After some Googling around, I found that skin-etc is an authorized retailer! I found it on the list of authorized sellers on Clarisonic's website. Here is a screenshot of the list. akdhfalkdjahdfsdfa.png

misscg

(0) Hearts

I'm not sure about that website but I ordered one from amazon earlier this year and it was fake. I tried to send it back to the seller and he refunded my money and let me keep the fake. I ended up buying the real one from sephora and they're clearly different. Just wait until sephora has the 15-20% off and get it.

juicie4jen

(0) Hearts

did you register yours on the clarisonic website

misscg

I think I was able to register the fake one but I read online it was a generic number that clarisonic knows is a fake or not sold by authorized dealers. what gave away the fake one was the way the name mia 2 was printed, replacement heads didnt spin properly, and the charger from the real clarisonic wouldn't fit the fake one and the fake wouldn't fit the real. 

juicie4jen

well i tried to register the one i bought from sephora last thursday (i haven't posted what happened yet/didn't put sephora on blast yet) but if/when i do and show u guys what happened you will all be very shocked and disappointed; i will see what happens today when i go back to the store and i better get my full money back for the fake product sephora sold to me

sm2992svet

same issue here, did they give you any trouble?

juicie4jen

(0) Hearts

nooo trouble; actually i think i was smart to handle it the way i did... the manager at that store told me to leave the brush w/ them and come back within 2 days so they can give me my receipt or something??? anyways so 2 days later before i went to sephora, i called and they said she (the manager) wasn't in today etc..um ok so i went anyway cuz i don't have time for shady games. I went there, and i think she was hiding in the back...anyway i told them i was there to pick up my fake product etc and by this time i knew the shady manager wasn't going to handle it correctly or professionally its a long story anyway i got my fake product back and i left

misscg

(0) Hearts

That's horrible. Hopefully they'll refund you your money. To be honest the one I got for amazon I initially complained to the seller because it looked used and was missing the cleanser. When the guy offered to refund my money and send me a brand new one I knew something was wrong.  so I googled it and found that this is a big issue with clarisonics. When I went to sephora and bought that one it was the real one since I could do a side by side comparison of them. I ended up giving the fake one to my sister, she says it works but I wanted the warranty and guarantee in case it breaks. 

But I will mention I got duped at macys and bought a fake replacement head and had to return it. It seemed like someone switched the fake and the real in the store or something. When I brought it back to the store the associate thought I was lying when I told her it was fake. its bad you have literally inspect this stuff before you buy it. For the replacement heads I ordered them from clarisonic directly.

juicie4jen

(0) Hearts

well whether sephora sold me fake or not etc (which i have proof it is fake), nevertheless i just want my full refund so i can go buy real one from clarisonic...i would have my receipt if they freakin gave me one but they didn't (who know why)...and so since they messed up they should apologize etc and give me my dam money back no questions asked; whatever i'm done w sephora

anb0906

The prices look the same as Sephora to me, and I trust Sephora much more than this site. 

makeupmaven

Besides fakes, if you don't buy from an authorized retailer you don't get the warranty. Just something to keep in mind!

DTalksAll

I've never heard of that website, but checking it out, it does look a bit shady. 

When you heard about the site on BT, was it an actual member, or a "newcomer" just trying to promote their own site? 

VintageCamellia

(0) Hearts

When I heard about it here, it was from someone who said they bought a Clarisonic from that site. I messaged them asking them about it but no response. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • DTalksAll
    • chupi
    • misscg
    • sm2992svet
    • VintageCamellia