ashleynne

Fading Acne Scars/Hypergimentation

I used the clinique dark spot corrector but it did little for me. I was wondering what other products I can try that will make a huge improvement? I realize results don't come over night and may take months and I'm fine with that. I just would like something that will work for me. :smileyhappy: I have oily/acne prone skin, so I prefer to have something that won't add to the problem. Thank you!

sourpanda

Re: Fading Acne Scars/Hypergimentation

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I've tried a lot of products but actually found that beauty oils plus weekly exfoliation really made a huge difference. I use the Tsubaki oil at day and the Maracuja at night followed with the Ole Henriksen Walnut Scrub two times a week. Also wanted to mention that I have been drinking a collagen supplement that has Vitamin C in it as well.

OwlAndTanager

(0) Hearts

I've been using the "Three Little Wonders" by Ole Henriksen for about two weeks now and I've notices a lot of brightening and scar fading. Be careful if you have sensitive/dry skin though as these products can make the problems you already have worse. 

http://www.sephora.com/3-little-wonders-mini-P381301?skuId=1552884

s1552884-main-Lhero.jpg

Tayvm

(0) Hearts

I've had wonderful results with some of the Paula's Choice products.  Wayne Goss did a video a few weeks back listing the products he uses.  Not only are my marks fading away, but my skin feels wonderful :smileyhappy:

KMeleana

(0) Hearts
I pre ordered the Peter Thomas Roth De-Spot Plus Dark Spot Lightener from QVC and it should be here by tomorrow or the next day. I will post results once I give it a try. I didn't have any luck with Clinque either.
fatimamummy

My hubby is using Murad's essential C regime and I can see a visible difference in his scars and hyper pigmentation.You can start using trial kit

http://www.sephora.com/radiant-skin-renewal-kit-P264422?skuId=1260249

it last longer enough to see if it works for you or not before buying full size products

Jengeravenger

(0) Hearts

I used this and saw pretty good results with just the serum alone. i also tried the peter thomas spot product. That worked really well, but it is pricey. Maybe i should get some more with the 15% off. You have to make sure you wear sunscreen because your skin becomes sensitive to the sun and the spots can become darker without sunscreen. 

Titian06

(0) Hearts

FAB Radiance Serum worked nicely for me.  It reduced the hyperpigmentation in my cystic acne pits by around 75%.  I wasn't expecting it to do anything!

Nothing will fade or remove acne scars other than laser or dermabrasion.  You have to have layers of skin removed to potentially improve the appearance of these scars.

sn22

(0) Hearts

Just get yourself a sample of the Perricone MD Blue Plasma. I swear, it was the best thing for my hyper pigmentation, and I know it's just in my head because others have noticed and commented on this too.

I have literally only used it for about 3 weeks, and have seen a huge improvement in the scars and just redness in general on my face. The fishy smell disappears once its soaked into your face, so don't worry about that. 

I had tried the Clinique dark spot correcter way back, but i just didn't like how it felt on my face, plus I am really impatient and can't wait 2 months for a product to show results. So I am excited to find something that I don't have to wait that long for. 

JayReed

(0) Hearts

I have been wanting this product, but I can't get past that dang fishy smell. Ill have to take your word for it 

sn22

(0) Hearts

I hope it works for u! if u want to c if u can get past the smell just rub some on the back of ur hand at sephora and walk around for a few mins.. Then c if u can smell it still. 

serioustree

(0) Hearts

I had the same result from Clinique!  Try shiseido, better results. =)

http://www.sephora.com/white-lucent-intensive-spot-targeting-serum-P173666

JayReed

Hydroquinone is the only FDA skin lightener that has been approved so far. Murad's Post Acne Lightening Serum has 2% Hydroquinone and will help lighten the hyperpigmentation you have. You will start to see results in about 2-4 weeks with this product. When using it, you want to make you only use it at night since it can cause photo-sensitivity and apply all over face not just in certain spots because it can cause a white ring around the scar. Once you are done with your first bottle, stop using for about 3 months and then use again. Your skin can actually build up immunity after a while if you don't take breaks in between! 

Lastly make sure you are exfoliating at least twice a week like the comment stated below to help cell turnover!

TrysBeautyItems

(0) Hearts

Are you exfoliating a few times a week, in addition to Clinique? This will help shed the top layers and help cell turnover.

kalex

When you were using the dark spot corrector were you using a sunscreen with high spf?  It will take much longer to see results (if any at all) if you're allowing the sun to undo whatever lightening the product is doing.

ilovebears

(0) Hearts

This!  Definitely wear sunscreen, it will help the dark spots fade much, much faster :smileyhappy:

snowshoe

(0) Hearts

Try Ambi.  It's over-the-counter 2% hydroquinone plus AHA.  And start getting into the habit of applying sunblock religiously.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • kalex
    • ashleynne
    • KMeleana
    • sn22
    • serioustree
    • ilovebears