catherineu2

Face Cleansing Wipes

Can anyone recommend some face cleansing wipes that are good for combo/oily acne prone skin that removes makeup well? I've tried Murad Clarifying Wipes for Blemish Prone Skin (broke me out big time), Ole Henriksen Truth To Go Vitamin C Wipes (good but burned a little) and The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Wipes (okay but not great) so far. Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

lylysa

Re: Face Cleansing Wipes

(0) Hearts

Korres' Pomegranate Wipes are for oily/combination skin and also perfect for make up removal:

swfupload_3734777957740432698.jpg

Korres is overall a good, gentle line. Another option is Koh Gen Do's Cleansing Spa Water Cloths, it's pricey, but super gentle!!!! I was very impressed how one cloth removed my make up (even waterproof mascara) without stinging my eyes and even giving me an actual "cleansed" feeling after. My skin felt very nourished!

swfupload_1403871927120365925.jpg

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I'm a huge fan of the Boots 4 in 1 wipes to get my makeup off before I cleanse.  I've tried a number of high-end wipes and keep going back to the ones you can find at drugstores or superstores...

catherineu2

(0) Hearts

That's all I need the wipes for. I just need something for when I'm short on time :smileyhappy:

jennypenny1995

Agree with dannyc: Wipes are designed to be a supplement for skin care when you're on the run, not as the sole way to cleanse.  It takes water--and lots of it--to effectively wash away what you've rubbed loose with the wipe.

lahnnabell

(0) Hearts

Philosophy's Purity Wipes are great.  They remove makeup and cleanse your skin in the same way their cleanser does.  I got their double pack (cleanser and wipes) for $33.  Great deal.

mizmeg

(0) Hearts

Neutrogena cleansing wipes, the normal in the blue packaging.  I have never tried but heard good things about Dickinson's Witch Hazel cleansing towelettes.  I think these are only available at Walgreens though.

catherineu2

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the suggestions! :smileyhappy:

ellevee09

(0) Hearts
I've been using the nuetrogena deep clean oil free. Yeah are really good and the fact that they don't leave a greasy residue is even better. Try those. I'm positive you will love them!!! :smileywink:
makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts

I have acne prone skin and I have used many types of cleansing wipes and I've not had any break me out.  I usually buy whatever I can get at Target, I like Nuetrogena as they are cheap and work well.  

I did splurge on the Ole Henriksen Truth To Go Vitamin C Wipes, which are $15 for 30, because I love the Vitamin C line, but I don't buy them very often.  This is definitely an item that I save on usually.

krunce

(0) Hearts

I just use the Neutrogena ones. I also use Stridex salicylic acid wipes afterwards.

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

My skin has a personal mission to break out with ANYTHING possible. That said, I absolutely love Simple wipes. $6 for 25 wipes- although I find coupons for them all the time (and my local BJ's club has them 3 for $12). They have never made me break out, have no alcohol, oils, perfumes or dyes and can even take off my waterproof mascara without much effort. simplewipes.jpg

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I have combo skin- not acne prone, but i use the Ponds wipes either in the blue or purple pkg. 

garnett

(0) Hearts

I have tried a few of the drugstore wipes and I can honestly say I haven't found one I really like  I love the philosophy purity made simple wipes.  They never dry me out or cause irritation, they are an ample size cloth, and I find that they are moist enough to really get my whole face thoroughly clean. I never need to take a second wipe to do the job.  They work well at removing eye makeup as long as it's not waterproof.  You get 30 wipes for $15. It's  a little pricey but they really do the job and leave my skin in great condition so I feel they are worth the cost.  

DTalksAll

I usually just remove my eye makeup & wash my face with a gentle cleanser. The wipes never get everything and too harsh & drying on my skin & most of them have alcohol in them. 

Koh Gen Do uses a natural cloth http://www.sephora.com/cleansing-spa-water-cloths-P294018?skuId=1361096 But I rather just use the cleansing water on a face pad. 

& FAB has a gentle one http://www.sephora.com/gentle-cleansing-wipes-P378342?skuId=1496231

sephoramusthave

I don't think you have to worry about skintype when it comes to things like makeup wipes because you just wipe and trash and most don't leave any sort of residue. I like the Josie Maran ones from Sephora, they smell amazing but they really don't remove makeup any better than drugstore ones like the YES brand which are my #1. If you have a Big Lots near you, look for Epielle cleansing tissues, they have a pack of 60 for $2 and work just as well---they come in cucumber, aloe etc. The pack of 30 is $1 but the pack of 60 has that secure snap shut top so the tissues don't dry out, the pack of 30 only has that peel off sticker.

prosopon

(0) Hearts

I agree with sephoramusthave on the YES brand wipes .  I have sensitive skin and the cucumber line is gentle on skin yet effective in removing makeup and gunk.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • prosopon
    • aviscardi
    • jennypenny1995
    • lylysa