DTalksAll

Enibbler

Those who are on the no buy have just 4 days left of being good! Congrats to you all for being so strong, I was not :smileysad: 

After the points promo and summer sales I think we all have a little enibbler in us now.... So what are you loving & what are you regretting? 

I'm loving:

~ Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser: It's uber gentle, but my face feels so smooth & soft after using it. Seriously where has this been all my life? 

~ YSL glossy stains- obviously

~ Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Ant-Breakage Spray- Doesn't have as many proteins as the cream so it won't dry hair out. It has the right balance of protein & moisture! 

~ Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-in-Conditioner- I put a tiny bit on my ends while still in the shower

~ Too Faced 3way lash lining tool- So easy to use! Gives a perfect tight line every time & even though it's not advertised as waterproof I haven't had any issues with it during summer activities 

~ Alterna Bamboo Dry Oil Mist- The PERFECT finishing spray! It's lighter than argan oil, so it won't weigh down &  grease up my hair. I love the shine & softness it adds to my hair. 

~ Tarte Brow Mousse- Quik & easy. The shade Taupe matches me perfectly. 

~ Eve Lom Muslin Cloths- I bought them before Sephora started to carry Eve Lom. I use them to take off masks (like the stubborn glamglow), or thicker cleansers (Ren Clear Calm Clay).

~ Ole Henriksen Loofa Body Scrub- BEST BODY SCRUB EVER! It comes in a bottle, so no messy jars that get filled with water :smileywink: I like to turn the water off in the shower, apply my conditioner, pin my hair up & then I take my time massaging in the scrub. My legs & arms are soooo smooth after I use it. 

~ At home Gel Manicures- They last 2 weeks, I can do it in the comfort of my home while watching TV & no worry about smudging or chipping. 

On The Fence: 

~ PTR Oilless Oil 100% Purified Squalane- I like that it's oil free but still packs hydration. My dry areas disappear, but it leaves me shiny & greasy. I'm trying to mix 1/2 a drop with my moisturizer & see how things go. It also seams a bit heavy on the skin. 

~ Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation- It's easy to apply, doesn't oxidize, don't need to set it. I just don't know if it's better than Dior Airflash which is also a liquid to powder

~ Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara- one coat gives great volume, but if you missed any stray lashes & go for a second coat then the mascara really clumps up. It's also never seamed to dry and I kept seeing smudges on my brow bone. It might be a good mascara to pair with false lashes. 

~ Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter Body Lotion- I keep the pump on my nightstand and slather myself every night before crawling into bed. I love the scent & I wake up feeling moisturized. I don't think it will be heavy enough for winter, I might need to alternate with Perricone Cold Plasma Body, but it's perfect for Summer. 

Not loving:

~ Dior Brow Styler- The unversal shade was too dark for me & even with a light hand it made my full brows look too done. 

~ Marc Jacobs Highliner- It's soft so it transfers easily when applying to the upper lash line. It works well for tight lining, but it's a pain to take off. There are better eyeliners out there

~ Bobbi Brown gel liner- It's a cream, not a gel... they need to change the name. It's too thin & not pigmented enough. I bought it at a department store, & waited too long to return it

~ Hourglass Illusion TM- I normally do not get a shiny T-zone, but I did with this TM. I tried applying setting powder to counteract the shine/sparkle... but it didn't work out too well. It is very long lasting borderline waterproof, I just couldn't get over the shine. 

~ Perricone Blue Plasma- If you're new to serums, or really sensitive, then this might be good for you. After 4 months I saw no results, no benefits, no exfoliation 

michmo

Re: Enibbler

(0) Hearts

Just one recent purchase that I am LOVING.  Stila eye shadow in Oasis.  It is a beautiful gold color for on the lid.  It is smooth and shimmery without being glittery or too shiny.  Plus it is almost double the amount as Urban Decay singles for the same price.  

Stila - Eye Shadow

roxystar4

@michmo that has been on my list and I keep adding it to my cart and then taking it off. It looks so pretty ! Ive swatched it in the store 3+ times. 

kimchikween

I went to a blog called bwpaddict and they've listed a BUNCH of codes that hook you up with samples.  Giorgio Armani has a 6 piece sampler with a purchase of $75 or above (which also gets you free shipping)..A lot of these end Sept 3...not to enibble at you are anything..swfupload_5289625087195338765.gif

kimchikween

Whoa - just noticed malls are showing extended hours for Labor Day weekend...I don't need that extra time to buy stuff. I try to get near closing with just enough time for what I intended to get so that I don't mill around and get in trouble...

clarks18

(0) Hearts

Loving

Smashbox Camera Ready Stick Concealer

Benefit Hervana

MAC Fix+

Cetaphil Oil Free Moisturizer

MAC Satin Taupe shadow

Beauty Blender

Algenist Pore Correcting Anti Aging Primer

On the Fence

Sephora Microsmooth Baked Sculpting Trio

UD Laced Shadow

Laura Mercier Shadow in Plum Smoke

Sephora Contour Eye Pencil in Blonde

Not Loving

Marc Jacobs Blush in Outspoken

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

Loving:

Nars Sheer Glow

On the Fence About:

Stila One Step Correct Primer

YSL Glossy Stain in 07

Nars Eyeshadow in Galapagos

Not Loving: 

Nothing :smileyhappy:

Still on the No Buy... I actually didn't purchase that much during the point perk, but you should see my loves list right now...

LKuhle

(0) Hearts

I think Nars Sheer Glow might be my next foundation purchase. I've really been wanting to try it.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Oh no what's wrong with the glossy stain in 7? 

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

Loving:

• Ole HenricksonAfrican Red Tea Face Mist - Ive only had this a few days, but i use in the morning instead of the serum and it helps keep my skin from getting oily
  • Tocca Cleopatra Lotion - smells so good and the scent lasts a good while
  • Shiseido cotton pads- yes i jumped on that band wagon lol
  • Kate Somerville exfolikate
  • Biore nose strips -i used these for the first time in years, and they really cleaned out my pores!  After i used them, i applied my serum and other products and the next morning i noticed that my skin looked better than normal!

Not Sure About:

• Kiehls Creamy eye Treament with Avocado - this is the one that everyone raves about, but the texture isnt quite what i expected.  it is thick until you apply it to your skin, then it melts and becomes kind of greasy.  Still not sure if it moisturizing yet...
  • its a 10 miracle leave in product - im just not sure if it does anything special that other lesse xpensive products dont do

Going Back to The Store:

• Murad Oil Control Mattifier - I have tried this product many different ways, but it doesn't do anything to contol my oil.  its like any other moiturizer which seems to add to my oil issue.  not happy, especially for $40!
DTalksAll

Anyone try the Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch? http://www.sephora.com/instant-smooth-perfecting-touch-P130909?skuId=1029859

I love the Beauty Flash Balm & keep it in my travel makeup bag for those hungover, dehydrated, lack of sleep mornings. 

I love the hourglass primer, so I really don't know why I'm looking at others.... 

ChicDabbler

....because you are a Sephora Addict, always trying to find better things. Oh, I actually have that (one of my 5 choice of primer for the wedding/conference last week). I'm not too good at comparing non-skincare things. What properties are you most concerned with?

For reference Porefessional is more mattifying than Mineral Veil, but MV makes makeup last longer than Porefessional. I think MV dries out my cheek very slightly, but Porefessional doesn't. I'll wear Clarins tomorrow and let you know. =X

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I think I'm looking for a more moisturizing primer for winter. 

ChicDabbler

Ah the Clarins one doesn't moisturize. If you are looking for a moisturizing primer for winter, I think Too Faced Prime&Poreless or Smashbox are better since they contain a dose of vitamin/anti-oxidants beneficial for skin.

My personal favorite for winter tho, is Hourglass No.28 primer serum. It's the only thing that saves my cheek from being shredded by the wind in the winter when I don't want to wear a robber's ski mask. It miiight be a bit too hydrating? apply sparingly, but if you want moisturizing it's worth a try in store. =)

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

@Beautytester Do you find the serum primer to be greasy or oily? 

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

It's like a primer version of Argan oil. I can't wear it in the summer cuz it's too heavy/stuffy, but it's perfect in the winter. It looks gooey and oily in the tube and I was afraid it was going to give me pimples/clogged pores if I apply it to my oily nose, but it didn't make my oily area greasy nor did it clog pores/give me pimples.

So in short, it's a bit heavy so apply sparingly. It's good for combo/dry skin, feels oily on hand but won't clog pores or make you oily.

ps. Just went through my stash and realized I have 9 mini primers + 3 sample packets. Hmmm, maybe I should do a primer comparison at some point, but I need to figure out a good way to do it.....

rikkie

(0) Hearts

For myself, maybe if I don't leave long enough between moisturizing and applying the porefessional, it sometimes doesn't stick well to my skin and later wants to roll off and take my makeup with it. :smileysad: 

Have you had this happen? I'm not sure why it does this, but it means I don't want to use my porefessional anymore!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I hated the porefessional in every way I don't blame you it's the worst of anything I ever tried!

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Nope, I do things in order so there's drying/setting time in between.

- moisturizer

(do my hair, lip balm)

- face primer

- do eye make up (usually don't wear eye primer unless it's super important/fancy occasion)

- TM/BB/CC/foundation/whatever you call it

- lip make up

- dust of powder + perfume

lolo01

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Its great I also have it and love it. .so smooth and soft :smileyhappy:

rikkie

I love the Clarins Perfecting Touch! I have a few spots where my pores feel particularly crater-ish sometimes, so I put on my Hourglass primer, smooth the Clarins Perfecting touch over the spots I want to fill, and apply my foundation. It's mattifying and helps with oiliness through the day as well, bonus!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 44 replies
  • 53 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • annonymous1
    • ChicDabbler
    • mafan
    • roxystar4
    • beautylovingirl