ChicDabbler

Drunk Elephant?

I have some credits about to expire on Hautelook, I could use it for some beloved ELF to put in the next TSB, but the brand Drunk Elephant caught my interest. Has anyone tried anything from the line?

Untitled.png

ps. While looking for review, I may or may not have embarked on an extensive search of drunk elephant on youtube, incidents involving drunk elephants, and whether or not elephants can get drunk.

DTalksAll

Re: Drunk Elephant?

(0) Hearts

So can an elephant get drunk?

ShinyMagpie

I considered the sunscreen until I looked at the ingredients. They're calling it 'physical defense' which usually means Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide but when I checked the ingredients it was the usual sunscreen chemical cocktail so I passed. 

tinafreeman

(0) Hearts

Hi,

I looked at the ingredients and found just the opposite.  No chemical screens and only Zinc Oxide as the active at 20%.  Are you sure you were looking at the right ingredient list?

chupi

Shiny, do you a drugstore brand you recommend for sunscreen? I'm going to Cancun at the end of the month and am stocking up today.

jojobe

Make sure to keep your makup with you . We always lose suitcases when going to Cancun. Make sure you have a spare of everything in your carryon. Sometimes you make it and your luggage never does. Just a suggestion! Have fun and I wish I could go right now! 

ShinyMagpie

I tend to go back and forth between two: La Vanilla sunscreen but they are not making the large body size anymore. :smileysad:  I will continue to buy the face size. That is a true physical block with the zinc and titanium. 

The other one I like is La Roche Posay which you can usually pick up at most drugstores. 

I've yet to find a true drugstore brand that I'm happy with. 

chupi

I have La Roche Posay for face! It says expired 6/13. Should I really toss it?

ShinyMagpie

I agree with nebel I would toss it. It's not worth the risk. 

nebel

I take my sunscreen expiration dates seriously.  I always toss them when they are past the date.  To me, it is not worth risking less sun protection due to less effective active ingredients. 

chupi

Thank you, ladies! Now I just have to wait for that weekly CVS 20% coupon...

1cros3nail4givn

(0) Hearts

Ulta sells it. Go i

to ulta dot com/friends for a 20% off coupon

jojobe

[ Edited ]

Try it! the worst that can happen is you end up putting it in the TSB...Check the ingredients tab just to make sure it's what you want to put on your face, just in case it might have drunk elephant **bleep** in it! Hence the Peeke bar

nebel

You know what is funny about this?  I looked at this sale, thought to myself "That is a TERRIBLE name for a beauty brand" and scrolled right past it when I was browsing yesterday. Isn't it interesting how what appeals to one person and draws her right in is a total turn off for another?  I guess that is why we have so many different brands :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

I thought it's hilarious. I would go more for it than some of the names for some of the well known cosmetic brands. *cough*

@Titian06. According to National Geographic, the original myth was that when elephant eat fermented marula fruit, they can get drunk. However, the biological study of either/both suggested nothing of the sort, and elephants don't eat rotten/fermented fruits anyways. With that said, there was a case in India where a herd of elephant was attracted by the smell of alcohol from the village and got drunk. =/

Nicrohr

I love it when people post about HauteLook.  I hate their shipping times (MONTHS I tell you!), and their customer service.  But they have some great brands and fun sales.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I've had nothing but stellar customer service with them whenever I have an issue, usually better than Gilt. They even let me return a few non-refundable clearance stuff because the sizes were completely off. 

As for shipping, it will state in the description when you can expect it. Remember, it's not a brand or a department store with their own warehouse. They have to order it from the manufacturer, wait to get the stock, sort through it, then ship it out to the customer. That's why it takes so long :smileywink: 

ladyace74

(0) Hearts

Tell me about it! I bought a pair of sunglasses for the summer and got it a little before winter start. Not to say, that I can't still use it but that's not why I bought it!

Titian06

(0) Hearts

@beautytester - I have not heard of this brand; therefore, all I can say is I like the packaging!

Do I want to know if elephants can get drunk?  :smileywink:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 22 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • chupi
    • jojobe
    • ladyace74
    • ChicDabbler