Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Drunk Elephant - Worth the money?

I am interested in the new line from Drunk Elephant, but have not made the purchase due to the price. Are there alternatives to the products, specifically the 

TLC Framboos Glycolic Night Cream and the C-Firma Day Serum? 

RE: Drunk Elephant - Worth the money?

Seriously yessss they are sooo worth it! I bought the two versions of cylinder canister sample sets. One had c-firma and b hydration, the other had glycolic serum and marula oil. Loved them allllll. However I found out that c-firma has wheat protein which was making me have teeny bumps along my sensitive chin/neck area because I'm allergic to wheat! SO I had to get rid of it and just started using the Dr. Dennis Gross vitamin c and collagen serum instead. Prior to that though my skin was so glowy and supple I kept getting complements about how even my skin tone looked or how they thought I had makeup on because my skin was so even and smooth! I would say try it but if you're allergic to wheat don't use the c-firma. Glycolic serum and marula oil routine at night though = perfection.
Anonymous Insider

I have heard nothing but great things about the c-firma and glycolic serum so I got the 2 mini kits that had them. Since I started using them everyone I know has mentioned how amazing my skin has become. I have combo skin, oily t-zone and dry everywhere else. I get bad acne on my chin and around my nose, and have a lot of scars because of it. My skin has never been clearer and my scars are fading. I’ve tried a lot of other vitamin c serums (ole henriksens, and Sunday Riley’s brightening one) and this one is super light, dries quick, and really works! And I’ve used pretty much every night serum for brightening scars etc and everything has given me more acne.. the glycolic serum is the only one that works and doesn’t break me out. I just got the holiday kits that include the large sizes and the other serums and products are just as amazing!

You can get the $28 kits without committing to the big bottles. They have minis you get for cheaper. They last awhile too

I bought the night serum and saw results in like... three days. It got rid of my stubborn little bumps. They come back tho. Also, it may bring whiteheads to a head, but I firmly believe this is detoxing in action. It also makes it easier to push out blackheads by dissolving the caps to the blackheads. You can maybe try Jack Black Volcanic ash somethhing something face wash. BF uses it and it can double as a mask. Same active ingredient. Works hard to smooth your skin.

After giving it more time I'm seeing improvements with my skin. My previous post was a little hastily. I have the littles set. I have tried the bar soaps yet of the oil. The rest of the kit is great. The SA that I spoke with said they usually have nice fall/winter promotion for drunk elephant

I tried the littles set as well. So far it's nice but not a big difference. You can try the $28 & $23 sets with out having to send $90. It's a night and day set. You can even try the bars of soap for $18. I would suggest the night serum.

Re: Drunk Elephant - Worth the money?

I recently purchased the DE the littles set which is pricey but you get a tester size of each of their products. Which I thought was really great to just try and see if it works for my skin before purchasing the full sizes. 

I have been using almost exclusively the products from the DE set and my skin has been so much more luminous and healthy looking! I am going to keep using it till the littles run out but I plan on purchasing most of the full sizes in the future.

So I would say that if you are really interested in the DE line, purchase the littles set and see what products your skin vibes with and whether it is worth the price! 

Depends on the product. Almost every other skincare brand has their own vitamin C serum and facial oil, and I don't find Drunk Elephant's marula oil or C-firma day serum to be better than others. They are good products, but there are others just as good.

I've tried 10ish different vitamin C serums and my favorites are Ole Henriksen Truth Serum and Perricone vitamin C serum. I've heard good things but have not tried Sunday Riley or Dr. Dennis Gross vitamin C serum.

As for the glycolic serum, it's worth the money to me. I've tried plenty other glycolic serums, but some of them leaves a weird residue, some of them makes the skin sensitive and some of them don't do anything. Framboos is the only one where I just need to apply sparingly, doesn't sting/tingle/irritate, works well with all moisturizers/oils and is effective.

Hi @phillies55,

For me, the DE line is worth every penny. Bear in mind I have really sensitive skin, so finding a product that is not only affective but doesn't aggravate my skin issues is HARD. I can't tell you how much money I spent trying out different brands (around the $$$$ mark) over the past few years before stumbling upon DE products. These are the only ones that my skin could tolerate, so I have no info on alternatives I'm afraid.

I swear by the TLC night serum (just purchased a full size during the sale). I am in my early 30s, and was starting to see fine lines (especially around my forehead, which is an area that suffers a lot during breakouts). One month using the sample on a daily basis, and these have diminished significantly. Also, my pores shrunk and are barely visible. I'm gonna keep buying it till they stop making it 😉

I do also like the C-Firma day serum, but I don't feel it did as much for my skin as the TLC. I might change my mind once I run out of samples though (took me about 2-3 months to finish my first one I received in the morning set).

As for the other products in the line - I adore the Virgin Marula oil, since it's about the only oil that I can find that doesn't have anything I'm allergic to. If your skin is not sensitive, I'm sure you can find endless alternatives.

I'd highly suggest getting the mini sets - either the nightbright or the rise + glow (or both!) and trying them out. As I mentioned, they do last for a while, giving a chance to see whether the product is really affective or not.

Happy shopping 🙂

Totally agree with you.  Amazing products.  My skin LOVES these products.  I've been using them for about 4 weeks and I've seen only positive changes.  I swear my skin glows now.  My poor dehydrated skin can look sad, but DE has given my skin some pep. 

Hi @phillies55,

I suggest checking out the Olehenriksen Invigorating Night Transformation™ Gel. This night treatment also contains glycolic acid which will assist with softening the appearance of find lines and will help even out the tone and texture of your skin.

I also suggest checking out the Olehenriksen Truth Serum. This serum will brighten your complexion and will add a boost of hydration as well. 

If you're unsure of the Drunk Elephant products, you can check out their Nightbright set. It has the Glycolic Night Serum and Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil. Unfortunately it doesn't come with the C-Firma Day Serum, but it's a great deal for both of the items it does come with! I hope this helps. 🙂

Cheers!
Nikko

Hi, 

Thank you for your help! When I was in Sephora the other day, it seemed like Olehenriksen would be a good choice, but I wasn't ready to make the commitment. I think I will try them out! 

- Marlee 

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing