juc2102

Dr. Dennis Gross Extra Strength Alpha Beta Face Peel

(0) Hearts

I just purchased the Dr. Dennis Gross Extra Strength Alpha Beta Face Peel. I also am currently using the Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Cream. Can I used the cream after using a cleanser and then the Face Peel? Or is the Murad plus Dr. Dennis Gross too much?

lylysa

Re: Dr. Dennis Gross Extra Strength Alpha Beta Face Peel

Beautylovingirl brings up a good point with the fact of the active ingredients being very strong. Not to mention the age spot and lightening serum has hydroquinone as well, which also heightens and speeds up chemical exfoliation on skin and when combined with the DDG peel which is the extra strength version, that's a lot of glycolic acid and chemical based exfoliants on skin.

Try to lay off the serum for at least a week before you use the peel, to give your skin some breathing time, then after the peel, give it a few days to a week before starting the serum again.

valentinamia

Like beautylovingirl expressed, I believe it would be too much for your skin to use all of the products one after the other.. I would recommend using the peel at night, applying a gentler moisturzer afterwards, and then go back to your usual routine again the next morning. Also, make sure to find something that doesn't contain alcohol since the peel expresses not to use products containing alcohol afterwards!  Hope this helped and good luck!

beautylovingirl

I think it would be too much because the Murad contains glycolic acid and that with the Alpha/Beta peel would probably irritate your face. Hope this helps!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • valentinamia
    • juc2102