Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel

notcreative

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel

My love for Sephora continues. I was sent a comped, brand new, full sized Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel (launching 08-26-14) to review. I will use it for the first time tonight, so check back to this post if the product interests you.

Sephora Dr Gross Haul 2.jpg

Sephora Dr Gross Haul.jpg

MarciaBrady

Re: Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel

I agree, seriously radiant. The glow really came through it your party pics, too. I can't even image what week 16 is gonna look like.

ballerinagrl

Seriously glowy! :smileyhappy:

notcreative

[ Edited ]

It's Thursday.  Fourth treatment after picture.  Forgot the before picture.  I had one breakout that burned like crazy when I applied this.  There is also a small paper cut on my nose that burned pretty badly itself.  The glow was pretty awesome again.  It only lasted about 5 days again this week, so I was ready for my next treatment.

I am still uncertain if anything is peeling from my face at this point, so I will save my review for another week or two.

DDG After Week 4.jpg

fatimamummy

your skin is looking so radiant. This peel is working really well for you. I am not sure if we are supposed to get something peeling off our faces. I was using philosophy peel for a long time and never although I love how my skin looked after but I never notice anything actually peeling off my face and same goes with the both treatments of this peel.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Thanks.  I am definitely loving the look (minus the pimples popping up here and there).

sace021

I ended up getting a fair amount of "peel" about 24 hours after my last one.  I was left with the softest skin!  I'm not sure if this is typical of the peel because it didn't happen the first time.  I decided to wait an extra day or two before using it this week in case that was too much exfoliation!

notcreative

(0) Hearts

My skin does feel softer and less dry.  I just haven't noticed any peeling.  Maybe, that is a good thing.  It may be peeling without me noticing.

ballerinagrl

Looking glowy! :smileyhappy: Even with his regular peels, breakouts and cuts burn like crazy, but actually I've found the peels reduce the scarring impressively.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

That would be awesome.  I will gladly take on some burning to avoid scarring.

MarciaBrady

Okie Dokie…back for another exciting installment! Here we go -

Week 2

Since the last episode: I'm happy to say that the glow held for several days. I really put it to the test, too, forgoing the weekly mask and exfoliating I typically do. My skin was noticeably firmer the day following treatment 1, and that lasted for about 3 days as well.

Application: I must have one of the more tightly fitting containers because I did not experience any drying out of the pads for step 1. Upon application, the product didn't tingle like it did last week, but there were flashes of a slight burning sensation. Not painful, just noticeable. I let it sit a bit longer than last week before applying the milk layer hoping to cut down on some of the tackiness.

An hour later: Tackiness averted! My skin feels the slightest bit filmy and if I were going to apply makeup right now, I'd definitely have to rinse it off but as it's a Sunday and all I'm doing is chattin' with all y'all and watching TV, I'm good. I'm definitely noticing that a lot of last week's glow intensity is back and my skin tone looks less splotchy/more even. The extra firmness and resilience hasn't kicked in yet, but it took overnight last time, so well see. Until next week...

Oh, I took some pictures, but I don't think they really capture the true accomplishments of the treatment. Really, I'm just posting them because I said I would. :smileyvery-happy:

BEFOREScreen Shot 2014-09-07 at 2.49.35 PM.png

AFTER: Screen Shot 2014-09-07 at 4.16.24 PM.png

notcreative

Despite the glare, I still see your glow.  It looks nice.

MarciaBrady

Thanks! I need to sign up for a class in taking selfles, because every other one I tried made me look either orange or spotted. LOL.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Orange or spotted, like a Cheetah?  You'd be the best looking Cheetah ever.  I still cannot take a selfie.  Because you're naturally beautiful, you probably could not take a bad picture if you tried.  No need to take a selfie class.

MarciaBrady

(0) Hearts

You're too kind, really. You should see some of the selfles that were immediate deletes. Or not. They could cause nightmares.

fatimamummy

Here I am half an hour after 2nd treatment

20140906_223339-1.jpg

Since many others were already talking about the problem with pads drying out when I received my package, So instead of removing the seal of container, I just peeled it half way so I can take out pad but seal will remain on place then closed the cap really tight habitually and put it back into the cardboard packaging. For my 2nd application the pad was as wet as for 1st application.I hope it will remain same till the last treatment.

Application went same as 1st one no irritation and no stickiness. I don't use daily peels by dr dennis gross.Between these two treatments I used Exfolikate once ( I am so happy that I don't get any breakout with 2nd application of Exfolicate) and Algenist microalgae brightening Mask once other than my usual night time skin care routine

notcreative

Looking good.  Very dewy and fresh.

fatimamummy

Thank you notcreative, I am also liking its impact on my skin as well as on all others who are using this treatment.

notcreative

I did my third treatment yesterday.  My skin was more clear this week, so I did not have any burning.  It was also a little less sticky than before.  I keep forgetting to buy something to transfer the pads to, because they get more dry each week.  My fear is the pads will dry out before I can complete the program.

My glow lasts a bit longer with each application too.  It only lasted 2-3 days the first time and 4-5 days the second time.  I am hoping I get a full week before the program is over.  I'll let you know.

Before DDG Peel Week 3.jpg

After DDG Peel Week 3.jpg

laynebr

Your have such beautiful skin! I'm loving your review of this.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Thanks. 

Heatoyos1

I did my third treatment last night, as well. I was breaking out a lot the past five days, and the treatment followed by Origins Super Spot treatment really dried up my blemishes. I am enjoying the treatment so far. 

However, I am really disappointed with the container that the pads come in. It should be designed better. There should not be a need to transfer the pads to a new container, or else there should be a note on the directions that recommends transferring the pads to a new container immediately after opening. 

I really don't think that the pads are going to make it 16 weeks without drying out. I transferred my pads to a tupperware container after one week, and it was still too late. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 303 replies
  • 368 hearts
  • 35 in conversation
    • lovinglondon
    • itscarin
    • misscg
    • desertgirl501
    • lylysa
    • sace021