Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel

notcreative

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel

My love for Sephora continues. I was sent a comped, brand new, full sized Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel (launching 08-26-14) to review. I will use it for the first time tonight, so check back to this post if the product interests you.

Sephora Dr Gross Haul 2.jpg

Sephora Dr Gross Haul.jpg

notcreative

Re: Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel

(0) Hearts

I agree that this gives an amazing glow.

jisub89

Would it help if you put plastic wrap over the jar and than close with the lid? I do that sometimes for bad packaging. Your skin looks amazing, by the way!

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I'm not sure, but I already have plastic wrap in the house.  It will not hurt to try.

sace021

(0) Hearts

I put plastic wrap over mine the other day.  I do that with my GlamGlow so I'm hoping it will work the same!

sace021

I did my second treatment last night and it felt just as lovely as the first.  The photo is about 15 min post treatment.  If it is helpful to anyone, I have acne prone combination skin that tends to be sensitive and I'm in my 30's.  Since it says to focus on problem areas, I have been focusing on my scar and forehead.  The glowy look this gives is amazing!  The first time I used it I was afraid to follow it with anything since I didn't know how strong it was.  This time I followed it with my benzoyl peroxide spot treatment and had no issues.  I still plan to keep track weekly and see if it effectively fades my cheek scar!

IMG_1771.jpg

gogreyhound

Your skin does look wonderful! More even -toned, too! 

fatimamummy

Your skin looks Radiant

notcreative

You are glowing.  

Heatoyos1

It's been two days since my second treatment. For the second time, my skin looks better the second morning. 

The huge pimple on my forehead hasn't gotten worse--in fact, the huge pimple dried up thanks to Origins Spot Remover. No new pimples have flared up. 

My skin is very clear and taut--happy so far!

Transferred my pads to a new container, but I think it's too late--the pads are markedly less moist than the day I opened them. :smileysad:

kellsmuneoka

(0) Hearts

I've been meaning to try that Orgins Spot Remover + it's such a deal. 

Heatoyos1

(0) Hearts

I keep coming back to Origins because it's the best spot remover I've found. So worth the price!

I didn't like the Clinique one, and I have yet to try Murad's. 

notcreative

(0) Hearts

That's a bummer about the pads.

fluffymuha

You gals are making me really excited for when the product comes out! I'm ready to bring it home!! :smileyvery-happy:

gogreyhound

I did peel #2 tonnight. I still  like the simplicity of the treatment. I focused on the area of my upper cheeks right underr my eyes (not the direct under-eye area) because I have a lot of discolorations/sun damage and some wrinkles there. It seems decreased tonight aftter the peel.   I also focused on clogged pores around my chin and under the lower lip area.

It makes my skin shiny, and I don't think it is from the step 2. It seems more to be from the peeling aspect and firming action. Still no irritation or breakouts, so that iss great! 

I will say  that all week I noticed my skin just looked better--smoother, more even-toned and brighter. It wasn't as notticeable right after the peel, but overall through the week it was. (and this was PMS week, too, when I usually break out!)

I am stilll not posting pics, because I only have my Ipad and it really doesn't take up-close photos well enough to see the diffference.  so far, so good! :smileyhappy:

notcreative

Glad they are working nicely for you.  It seems like everyone is getting brighter skin.

ballerinagrl

It really does. I totally can't wait for this to come on the market!

MarciaBrady

OK, so I tried my generously gifted kit (thank you again) for the first time today and sadly have no pics. My phone camera makes me look all red and splotchy in artificial light - not the best look when talking about the benefits of a skin product. I'll try to do it earlier next week and catch some daylight. Anyway...

Use 1

First Impressions: Beautifully packaged, love the velcro-headband (if I had a Bedazzler I'd personalize it), already thinking of ways to repurpose that awesome screw top, sturdy container when it's empty.

Application: Single pad easily covered all of the recommended areas, and I didn't notice any scent at all. The milk part stayed on top of the skin long enough to apply in an even layer.

During: While the pad part was working solo it was very tingly. Not in an irritating or painful way, but in the way that makes you believe it's a serious skin product doing serious things. After about 4 minutes it had either mostly dried or absorbed so I went ahead and threw the milk on my face. Unlike the previous step, it didn't deliver any notable sensations.

After: The total treatment left a sticky feeling on the skin for over an hour. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but something a person should be aware of for scheduling purposes. 

Results: I have not had a glow like that since…actually, I'm not sure I ever have. Its intensity was short lived, but an impressive amount of it lingered. Stay tuned for next week's installment to find out how long it hung around.

notcreative

Da da da.  Sorry.  I just had to type that when I saw stay tuned for next week's installment.  Cannot wait to see if it continues for you.  Loving the glow, myself.

fatimamummy

[ Edited ]

Great review marciaBrady, I can't seem to write all the details so beautifully. It's great to know that you're happy with the outcomes. I would love to see your pics next time :smileyhappy:

MarciaBrady

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Thank you and I think your review is perfectly fabulous! Seriously every picture I took looked like I'd been beaten up and crying. I think I accidentally bought some of those weird color-enchancing light bulbs at some point. Ugh.

meganlisa

(0) Hearts

So sad.  Sephora never sends me anything for free or to review.  And I'm a top contributor and Rouge customer.      Sort of not great to see that other customers are so much more valued when I spend so much money at Sephora and write so many reviews.  So goes life..

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 251 replies
  • 305 hearts
  • 31 in conversation
    • lovinglondon
    • itscarin
    • misscg
    • desertgirl501
    • lylysa
    • sace021