Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel

My love for Sephora continues. I was sent a comped, brand new, full sized Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel (launching 08-26-14) to review. I will use it for the first time tonight, so check back to this post if the product interests you.

Sephora Dr Gross Haul 2.jpg

Sephora Dr Gross Haul.jpg

Re: Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel

It's most likely going to be a re-stock for me, too. Speaking of which, I'd better stop impulse buying eyeshadow and blush palettes so I can roll big come November. LOL.

I am thinking of getting another one of these during the 20% off sale too depending on how much my husband hounds me to honor my no buy.  

[ Edited ]

Isn't no buy just for full price purchases :smileywink:  when its 20% off it won't be counted as breaking no buy :smileytongue:

(0) Hearts

No buy to him means I should not buy a $0.99 nail polish marked down from $1.99.

Me too--I will definitely purchase again!I am really impressed with the results and the lack of irritation or breakouts.  This is a winner!

I am loving reading all of these reviews. I was familiar with the brand but unaware of this particular peel until reading this. It really is a great price for a 16-week treatment. I have used peel pads before but I have very sensitive skin and have to be careful about how often I use them. I had good luck with Origin's Brighter by Nature peel pads but they have since discontinued and launched something else, which I have not tried yet. I know this product says its appropriate for sensitive skin but do any of you have sensitive skin and can tell me how their skin reacted? I am looking for long-term results in regards to reducing redness on my nose and cheek area. Thanks!

I've also got very sensitive skin.  It tends to be very dry and acne prone as well.  The only spot I have to be careful of with these is my upper lip.  I can only do 1 or 2 passes there or I will be red there the next day.  The rest of my face has tolerated it really well!  My sensitivities are mostly to strong citrus and sometimes lanolin as well as harsh/abrasive products in general.  

My skin is extremely sensitive.  I break out with rashes after using so many products.  At this time, I still do not know what my trigger(s) are or what I am allergic to.  This makes my skin red for about 20-30 minutes post using it, but I do not get a rash.  If I have a pimple or an open cut (like the paper cut on my nose from a couple weeks ago), it burns like crazy.  It is nothing I cannot handle though.  I can suggest this regardless of skin type.  I have all of the types: sensitive, aging, dry (in parts), oily (in parts), etc.  

I had never seen these before, thank you for this conversation.  I swear by the Alpha Beta daily face pads - have used them for a very long time.  I recommend them to anyone that asks what I use for skincare.  I will look into the medi-spa peel....

(0) Hearts

I've never tried any of the other peels, but I am considering it in the future.  You will probably like this product.

I love the Alpha Beta Daily Peel Original Formula! Dr. Gross products are so great :-) 

I am a new fan.

(0) Hearts

I did my fifth treatment last night.  My glow lasted about 4-5 days again, so I am guessing that is the norm with these.  My breakout is looking better.  It was really sticky again last night even though it did not seem as sticky last week.

Before

DDG Before 091814.jpg

After

DDG After 091814.jpg

I applied my third treatment two nights ago. I noticed that, after applying the pad, my face didn't really sting or feel like I applied anything at all. It might be because my pads are almost completely dried up. :/

However, my skin did look bright the next morning. 

I was considering waiting the full 16 weeks before reviewing on the product page, but I really don't think that the product will make it that long. I will probably review in a few weeks. 

(0) Hearts

Oh no!  Moving them did not help the dryness?

I am sorry yours are drying out! this may be something to notifyy the company about, they may need to re-evaluate their seal or packaging.

Water is the first ingredient, so I would consider adding some sort of sterile water to it--boil it yourself, let it cool and add a few drops at a time. I wouldn't use tap water because then you run the risk of adding bacteria or other icky contaminants to the product. 

(0) Hearts

Thanks! I wonder if I could add bottled water to it instead of distilled or boiled water?

(0) Hearts

The closer to "sterile" the better, just to avoid any danger of mold, bacteria, etc  getting in there...

Thanks to all of you for posting your great before and after pics! I thinnk everyone is havinng good luck with this product--I reviewed it onlinee but my review didn't show up, for some reaason.  It looks like this is a winner all around!

I am pretty darn impressed!   I would spend the money on this in the future! My pads are still moist, and there is plenty of neutralizer left too. After week 4, I can honestly say that my skinn really lookss great! More even tones, smoother, pores less noticeable, firmer, etc. THis one delivers real results, and not just for the day or night--it is long-term results, as far as I am concerned.  Still a little sticky, but I do mine before bed and don't use any moisturiser, so it isn't a big deal.. I still can't believe the lack of irritationn. Yes, if you have a blemish or cut, it does burn, but no breakoutss, stinging, redness, etc.  

I am glad there is still 12 treatments left--for a 16-week regimen, it really isn't that awfully expensive.  :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

I pretty much agree with your review.  I get a little redness though.  Mine is always gone within half an hour.  I do not use anything else with it.  I switch it up between day time and evening (but always on Thursday).  I prefer it at night when I go nowhere that day or in the morning when I am going out (because I like the glow I get on day one).

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the truly helpful feedback. Can't wait t invest in it!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
Photos28
  • Sephora Dr Gross Haul 2.jpg
  • Sephora Dr Gross Haul.jpg
  • Dr Gross peel week 1 Before.jpg
  • Dr Gross peel Week 1 after.jpg
  • Dr Gross Peel Week 1 before unretouched.jpg
  • Dr Gross Peel Week 1 after unretouched.jpg
  • IMG-20140826-01250 (2).jpg
  • IMG_1691.jpg