Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel

notcreative

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel

My love for Sephora continues. I was sent a comped, brand new, full sized Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel (launching 08-26-14) to review. I will use it for the first time tonight, so check back to this post if the product interests you.

Sephora Dr Gross Haul 2.jpg

Sephora Dr Gross Haul.jpg

darlingNYC

Re: Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel

I love the Alpha Beta Daily Peel Original Formula! Dr. Gross products are so great :-) 

notcreative

I am a new fan.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I did my fifth treatment last night.  My glow lasted about 4-5 days again, so I am guessing that is the norm with these.  My breakout is looking better.  It was really sticky again last night even though it did not seem as sticky last week.

Before

DDG Before 091814.jpg

After

DDG After 091814.jpg

Heatoyos1

I applied my third treatment two nights ago. I noticed that, after applying the pad, my face didn't really sting or feel like I applied anything at all. It might be because my pads are almost completely dried up. :/

However, my skin did look bright the next morning. 

I was considering waiting the full 16 weeks before reviewing on the product page, but I really don't think that the product will make it that long. I will probably review in a few weeks. 

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Oh no!  Moving them did not help the dryness?

gogreyhound

I am sorry yours are drying out! this may be something to notifyy the company about, they may need to re-evaluate their seal or packaging.

Water is the first ingredient, so I would consider adding some sort of sterile water to it--boil it yourself, let it cool and add a few drops at a time. I wouldn't use tap water because then you run the risk of adding bacteria or other icky contaminants to the product. 

Heatoyos1

(0) Hearts

Thanks! I wonder if I could add bottled water to it instead of distilled or boiled water?

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

The closer to "sterile" the better, just to avoid any danger of mold, bacteria, etc  getting in there...

gogreyhound

Thanks to all of you for posting your great before and after pics! I thinnk everyone is havinng good luck with this product--I reviewed it onlinee but my review didn't show up, for some reaason.  It looks like this is a winner all around!

I am pretty darn impressed!   I would spend the money on this in the future! My pads are still moist, and there is plenty of neutralizer left too. After week 4, I can honestly say that my skinn really lookss great! More even tones, smoother, pores less noticeable, firmer, etc. THis one delivers real results, and not just for the day or night--it is long-term results, as far as I am concerned.  Still a little sticky, but I do mine before bed and don't use any moisturiser, so it isn't a big deal.. I still can't believe the lack of irritationn. Yes, if you have a blemish or cut, it does burn, but no breakoutss, stinging, redness, etc.  

I am glad there is still 12 treatments left--for a 16-week regimen, it really isn't that awfully expensive.  :smileyhappy:

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I pretty much agree with your review.  I get a little redness though.  Mine is always gone within half an hour.  I do not use anything else with it.  I switch it up between day time and evening (but always on Thursday).  I prefer it at night when I go nowhere that day or in the morning when I am going out (because I like the glow I get on day one).

ballerinagrl

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the truly helpful feedback. Can't wait t invest in it!

MarciaBrady

Round 3

So, I did the peel yesterday but was so tired I fell asleep and didn't get a chance to post between the neutralizer and the pillow. Anyway, today I'm in a positively horrendous mood - the kind where noting particularly bad has happened, yet it's unlikely anything good will. I have to say that catching a glimpse of the fabulous glow on my skin this afternoon gave me an unexpected and incredibly welcomed boost to the spirits.

So...

Dr. Dennis Gross Medi Spa Peel - 1

Vague sense of doom - 0

WooHoo!

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I swear certain things like that can lift my mood as well.  Hopefully, you're doing better now and nothing bad happened/happens.

fatimamummy

[ Edited ]

LOLs I read your post after writing comment on HookedOnBeauty2,s post.  We better check if this peel has some soothing effect to make us sleepy :smileyvery-happy: . It is really good to know that it is helping to boost up good moods.

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

it is amazing how our beauty products make us feel good on the inside, too!!!

HookedOnBeauty2

I finally did my first peel last night. I am behind a few weeks from most of you. I just received my replacement box this past week.

Thank you Sephora and especially to Candace for this generous gift and for graciously sending me another set so I can try it and glow like these beautiful ladies are on this thread.

The instructions say to rub the pad all over in upward motions. I dont know about anyone else but I found that slightly awkward to do, probably because Im so used to going in circular motions when I wash my face or use my Clarisonic. But I manged to do it as instructed :smileyhappy:

I used the pad all over my face, neck and decollete. No stinging or burning. I applied the peptide milk on my face and then realized how sticky my neck was so I had to apply moisturizer.

I didnt notice a major change in the glow of my skin but it made my skin super soft. When I woke up this morning my forehead seemed to be a bit more glowy than before. 

I use other retinol products from Dr Dennis Gross so I look forward to the upcoming weeks as I continue to use this peel and see greater results!!!

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I rubbed the pad in upward motions for half of the first use and about a quarter of the third or fourth.  No patience for that kind of nonsense.  Hopefully, it works just as well with a natural motion.

fatimamummy

(0) Hearts

That is great that you were sent replacement. You are not alone with the circular motion problem, I do one swipe upward and after every other second caught my self rubbing pad in circular motion :smileysad:

I did not notice immediate results either but over the weeks I can see my skin looks more glow-y. I did my 3rd treatment last night but somehow fell asleep within a few minutes of applying peptide milk so no pic this week.

sace021

I did peel number 3 last night.  Last week I continued to use the pad until it was dry as the instructions suggest and the only area of my face that seemed to think that might have been too much was my upper lip.  It was the tiniest bit red.  This week I modified and still used the pad until dry but avoided multiple swipes over my upper lip.  Much better!  I think the discoloration around my scar is finally fading.  It is still uneven in texture but I have definitely noticed some positive changes since starting to use the peel.  This photo was taken 15 min after peel 3 and I tried to show my scar since that is the area I'm tracking.  

IMG_1783.jpg

notcreative

Looking good.  I try using the pad until it is dry, but even with them drying out slightly it is hard.  I am batting 50%.

sace021

Thanks!  It does take a while for it to completely dry.  I honestly think my skin is so dry it drinks it up pretty fast, if I tended toward normal/combo/oily I'd probably give up long before it dried!  I actually ended up throwing a tiny bit of moisturizer on over step 2 this time in the spots I felt tight!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 303 replies
  • 368 hearts
  • 35 in conversation
    • lovinglondon
    • itscarin
    • misscg
    • desertgirl501
    • lylysa
    • sace021