notcreative

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel

My love for Sephora continues. I was sent a comped, brand new, full sized Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel (launching 08-26-14) to review. I will use it for the first time tonight, so check back to this post if the product interests you.

Sephora Dr Gross Haul 2.jpg

Sephora Dr Gross Haul.jpg

dapt529

Re: Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel

(0) Hearts

This is going on my holiday wish list for sure.Thanks to all for the reviews:smileyhappy:

notcreative

(0) Hearts

You will probably love it.

notcreative

[ Edited ]

Week 6 (mistakenly labeled as week 5).  Have a breakout that is lingering, because I keep picking at it (bad, I know).  It burns like crazy with this treatment too.  This one was also stickier than usual, so I wonder what causes that.  The glow imparted this week seems to be a little less than past weeks.  Pardon that they're not close ups.  My husband does not know how to get any closer for some reason.  He also refuses to crop them before sending them, and It is way too hard to crop them after he sends them to me.

Before

DDG Before week 5.jpg

After

DDG After week 5.jpg

MarciaBrady

It looks to me like you're still getting a really good amount of glow. Is it still lasting longer for you? I didn't review last week because at the time I had nothing new to report, but I did notice to day that I still have a good amount of radiance. Sunday's my treat day, so I am totally impressed. 

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I feel like I am mostly getting 4-5 days.  I am thinking that post will be my last for a while.  I said I would do the thread as long as there was interest, but it seems like people got the info they needed.  It is possible I will come back at the very end to post my final pictures and review though.  I am ready to write my review on the main page now.

fatimamummy

Used my 4th treatment on Sunday and it went great like the first three treatments and over all clarity of my skin is visibly increased, No burning rashes or breakout for me.

I can't say if it'll help for lines and scars because luckily I don't have any scar and my lines are so far only fine lines (which are becoming less fine :smileywink: with time) around eyes and we can't apply it close to the eyes.

I'll write my review on the product page after next (5th ) treatment. So far I'll say I am definitely going to buy it again. I usually don't buy the backups but for this one, since I really like it and Canadian price is steep at C$135 so I'll buy the backup during 20% off.

MarciaBrady

It's most likely going to be a re-stock for me, too. Speaking of which, I'd better stop impulse buying eyeshadow and blush palettes so I can roll big come November. LOL.

notcreative

I am thinking of getting another one of these during the 20% off sale too depending on how much my husband hounds me to honor my no buy.  

fatimamummy

[ Edited ]

Isn't no buy just for full price purchases :smileywink:  when its 20% off it won't be counted as breaking no buy :smileytongue:

notcreative

(0) Hearts

No buy to him means I should not buy a $0.99 nail polish marked down from $1.99.

gogreyhound

Me too--I will definitely purchase again!I am really impressed with the results and the lack of irritation or breakouts.  This is a winner!

KarenMar

I am loving reading all of these reviews. I was familiar with the brand but unaware of this particular peel until reading this. It really is a great price for a 16-week treatment. I have used peel pads before but I have very sensitive skin and have to be careful about how often I use them. I had good luck with Origin's Brighter by Nature peel pads but they have since discontinued and launched something else, which I have not tried yet. I know this product says its appropriate for sensitive skin but do any of you have sensitive skin and can tell me how their skin reacted? I am looking for long-term results in regards to reducing redness on my nose and cheek area. Thanks!

sace021

I've also got very sensitive skin.  It tends to be very dry and acne prone as well.  The only spot I have to be careful of with these is my upper lip.  I can only do 1 or 2 passes there or I will be red there the next day.  The rest of my face has tolerated it really well!  My sensitivities are mostly to strong citrus and sometimes lanolin as well as harsh/abrasive products in general.  

notcreative

My skin is extremely sensitive.  I break out with rashes after using so many products.  At this time, I still do not know what my trigger(s) are or what I am allergic to.  This makes my skin red for about 20-30 minutes post using it, but I do not get a rash.  If I have a pimple or an open cut (like the paper cut on my nose from a couple weeks ago), it burns like crazy.  It is nothing I cannot handle though.  I can suggest this regardless of skin type.  I have all of the types: sensitive, aging, dry (in parts), oily (in parts), etc.  

greenchilli

I had never seen these before, thank you for this conversation.  I swear by the Alpha Beta daily face pads - have used them for a very long time.  I recommend them to anyone that asks what I use for skincare.  I will look into the medi-spa peel....

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I've never tried any of the other peels, but I am considering it in the future.  You will probably like this product.

darlingNYC

I love the Alpha Beta Daily Peel Original Formula! Dr. Gross products are so great :-) 

notcreative

I am a new fan.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I did my fifth treatment last night.  My glow lasted about 4-5 days again, so I am guessing that is the norm with these.  My breakout is looking better.  It was really sticky again last night even though it did not seem as sticky last week.

Before

DDG Before 091814.jpg

After

DDG After 091814.jpg

Heatoyos1

I applied my third treatment two nights ago. I noticed that, after applying the pad, my face didn't really sting or feel like I applied anything at all. It might be because my pads are almost completely dried up. :/

However, my skin did look bright the next morning. 

I was considering waiting the full 16 weeks before reviewing on the product page, but I really don't think that the product will make it that long. I will probably review in a few weeks. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 278 replies
  • 332 hearts
  • 35 in conversation
    • lovinglondon
    • itscarin
    • misscg
    • desertgirl501
    • lylysa
    • sace021