notcreative

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel

My love for Sephora continues. I was sent a comped, brand new, full sized Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel (launching 08-26-14) to review. I will use it for the first time tonight, so check back to this post if the product interests you.

Sephora Dr Gross Haul 2.jpg

Sephora Dr Gross Haul.jpg

notcreative

Re: Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel

(0) Hearts

That's a bummer about the pads.

fluffymuha

You gals are making me really excited for when the product comes out! I'm ready to bring it home!! :smileyvery-happy:

gogreyhound

I did peel #2 tonnight. I still  like the simplicity of the treatment. I focused on the area of my upper cheeks right underr my eyes (not the direct under-eye area) because I have a lot of discolorations/sun damage and some wrinkles there. It seems decreased tonight aftter the peel.   I also focused on clogged pores around my chin and under the lower lip area.

It makes my skin shiny, and I don't think it is from the step 2. It seems more to be from the peeling aspect and firming action. Still no irritation or breakouts, so that iss great! 

I will say  that all week I noticed my skin just looked better--smoother, more even-toned and brighter. It wasn't as notticeable right after the peel, but overall through the week it was. (and this was PMS week, too, when I usually break out!)

I am stilll not posting pics, because I only have my Ipad and it really doesn't take up-close photos well enough to see the diffference.  so far, so good! :smileyhappy:

notcreative

Glad they are working nicely for you.  It seems like everyone is getting brighter skin.

ballerinagrl

It really does. I totally can't wait for this to come on the market!

MarciaBrady

OK, so I tried my generously gifted kit (thank you again) for the first time today and sadly have no pics. My phone camera makes me look all red and splotchy in artificial light - not the best look when talking about the benefits of a skin product. I'll try to do it earlier next week and catch some daylight. Anyway...

Use 1

First Impressions: Beautifully packaged, love the velcro-headband (if I had a Bedazzler I'd personalize it), already thinking of ways to repurpose that awesome screw top, sturdy container when it's empty.

Application: Single pad easily covered all of the recommended areas, and I didn't notice any scent at all. The milk part stayed on top of the skin long enough to apply in an even layer.

During: While the pad part was working solo it was very tingly. Not in an irritating or painful way, but in the way that makes you believe it's a serious skin product doing serious things. After about 4 minutes it had either mostly dried or absorbed so I went ahead and threw the milk on my face. Unlike the previous step, it didn't deliver any notable sensations.

After: The total treatment left a sticky feeling on the skin for over an hour. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but something a person should be aware of for scheduling purposes. 

Results: I have not had a glow like that since…actually, I'm not sure I ever have. Its intensity was short lived, but an impressive amount of it lingered. Stay tuned for next week's installment to find out how long it hung around.

notcreative

Da da da.  Sorry.  I just had to type that when I saw stay tuned for next week's installment.  Cannot wait to see if it continues for you.  Loving the glow, myself.

fatimamummy

[ Edited ]

Great review marciaBrady, I can't seem to write all the details so beautifully. It's great to know that you're happy with the outcomes. I would love to see your pics next time :smileyhappy:

MarciaBrady

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Thank you and I think your review is perfectly fabulous! Seriously every picture I took looked like I'd been beaten up and crying. I think I accidentally bought some of those weird color-enchancing light bulbs at some point. Ugh.

meganlisa

(0) Hearts

So sad.  Sephora never sends me anything for free or to review.  And I'm a top contributor and Rouge customer.      Sort of not great to see that other customers are so much more valued when I spend so much money at Sephora and write so many reviews.  So goes life..

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

This has nothing to do with Rouge but more to do with BT. I didn't get any of the previous 4 or 5 giveaways, this is the first time, and I've been on BT forever. Hang around and your turn will come.

meganlisa

(0) Hearts

And sorry to be a complainer…I should not have posted this comment….

HarlemJPN

I think it is fine you posted this, FWIW. You're not attacking anyone, and you have the right to be bummed. 

As far as rouge, I agree that there aren't necessarily a great deal of benefits available to us. I think people who live in or near NYC have a lot more events and Rouge freebies than others do. I do like the free shipping. And some of the events in NYC have been pretty great (eg, the Bite Lip lab custom lipstick event was fun and I love the lipstick I got). I would probably spend the same (obscene) amount of money on sephora products regardless of Rouge status and such, but if there were better benefits, I wouldn't have as much of a wandering eye for sure. ;-)

meganlisa

(0) Hearts

I agree.  I've started shopping around more..not because I don't feel like I get benefits from being Rouge but more because I don't feel tied in any way and there are so many options!

Not a big deal…I guess I should be glad that others get benefits even if I don't!

desertgirl501

Meganlisa, I was unaware that Sephora routinely sends full-size complimentary products to customers for the purposes of review.  However, I am a newbie to BT.  I did want to let you know that I've read several of your product reviews.  It is obvious that you spend a great deal of time and effort to thoroughly review products and add video clips.  I know that I have found several of your reviews very helpful, and I am certain other customers do as well. Even though I am a Rouge-level spender, I try to be thoughtful about the products I do purchase, and I always take time to read the Reviews.

meganlisa

Thanks!  Appreciate the comment.  Good to know that the time makes some difference to someone!

kellsmuneoka

Did you contribute a lot to the skincare threads? I think that's one of the reasons they sent it to a lot of us. (: don't worry megan, sephora appreciates all of us! 

meganlisa

(0) Hearts

Thanks.  Not feeling the love…from Sephora…but appreciate the support from you!

fluffymuha

(0) Hearts

Don't worry about it.. There are plenty of us rouges who contribute and are very active on the forums who didn't get this in the mail. It's not always the same people who get promos, either, so maybe you'll get lucky next time! :smileyhappy:

meganlisa

(0) Hearts

Thanks!  I'm just still wondering what the Rouge benefits are…besides early access to products.  We shall see...

fatimamummy

[ Edited ]

I used this treatment last night for the first time. Pads are well soaked and have enough product to apply generously to face and neck. I felt very slight tingling but no burning or irritation. Step two liquid felt good, not sticky at all for  me so I was comfortable sleeping with it. My oily skin looked oil soaked after an hour of application so next time I'll reduced the amount of 2nd step product. My skin felt softer and a little brighter but not some very visible difference. Since I don't use DDG daily peel pads so I think I'll get some noticeable results after a few applications. But over all I like it and after 3 or 4 more applications I'll be able to tell if I love it and how it compares with Philosophy Dual peel.

I'm afraid my before picture is not good for comparison.Because i took it without Hijab and when I cropped my hair out of it, the pic become a little blurred. I took both after pics with hijab so you can tell if there is any difference over night.

AND I am a little uncomfortable sharing my bare face because my eyes show my sickness when they are without liner and mascara,,,,So advance apology  to give all of you an eye strain by my bare face

Before

20140830_220144-1 - Copy.jpg

10 minutes after application

20140830_224523-1.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 303 replies
  • 368 hearts
  • 35 in conversation
    • lovinglondon
    • itscarin