notcreative

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel

My love for Sephora continues. I was sent a comped, brand new, full sized Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel (launching 08-26-14) to review. I will use it for the first time tonight, so check back to this post if the product interests you.

Sephora Dr Gross Haul 2.jpg

Sephora Dr Gross Haul.jpg

sace021

Re: Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel

I agree!  You have lovely skin!

notcreative

Thanks.

lylysa

Sephora on occasion will send gratis to Beauty Talk user, Mods reach out via personal message.

fatimamummy

Another question for you lylysa, As not creative said, we are not supposed to rinse it , then can I apply my Shiseido power infusing concentrate and Murad pigment lightening serum on top of it or skip them on the peel day. I used my philosophy peel only once a week and hopefully use this one the same way.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

If this helps, I only used the Peel Pad kit with the wipe and the cream for that night's wash (nothing else).  My skin felt fine.  Usually, when I do not use multiple products, my skin feels tight and dry.  That was not the case with this.  Mostly, I felt moisturized and a little sticky.  I do hate skipping my Ole Henriksen eye gel, because my eyes look so much better since I started using it.  Using it six nights a week instead of seven should be okay though.

lylysa

Definitely check if the Medi-Spa peel has any notations on ingredients or aspects to avoid. For example the DDG peel pads in the original and extra strength state to avoid alcohol afterward. 

Since peels can be quite potent on their own, let alone one with a stronger formula,  you don't want to run the risk of oversensitizing skin.

To be on the safe side I would suggest skipping use of the treatment products after use of the Medi-Spa peel and resume use maybe the day after or even two days after depending on skin's resiliency. Some folks may even opt into skipping treatment products the day or two prior to using the peel as well.

fatimamummy

Thankyou lylysa, I do notice that DDG peel pads state about avoiding alcohol based products that was the reason I asked about it. Once I receive my peel I'll check out ingredients and precautions and will bother you again if need further help :smileyhappy: 

lylysa

Since there's a difference in good/bad alcohols, the trick is to know which are which.

Ethanol, SD alcohol,alcohol denat, propanol, propyl alcohol, and isopropyl alcohol are all drying in excessive use since they help to cut down dry time/absorption time.

Good alcohols are emollient and help to smooth skin and include lauryl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, myristyl alcohol, steraryl alcohol, cetearyl alcochol, and behenyl alcohol.

Though there are moisturizers/treatments out there that don't contain either, check over the ingredient lists for products you already have to see if they're the conditioning kind so you're not having to go out and spend another round on a products to use specifically after the peel :smileyhappy:.

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]

I could take a picture of my box..but copy and paste will work too :smileyhappy:

It does state for the Medi-Spa Peel do not use alcohol afterwards

Here's the ingredients - which can be found on their direct site and QVC

STEP 1 INGREDIENTS: Rehmannia Glutinosa Root promotes collagen & maintains acid efficiency Glycolic Acid reduces signs of aging Lactic Acid speeds up cell renewal Mandelic Acid calms irritation Malic Acid fights wrinkles and exfoliates Salicylic Acid reduces pore blockages and builds collagen Citric Acid speeds up cell renewal Azelaic Amino Acid brightens skin and fades dark spots Lactobionic Acid exfoliates and retextures Ellagic Acid prevents and repairs photo-aging Gallic Acid targets dark spots Linoleic Acid rebuilds and produces new cells Linolenic Acid moisturizes and softens Tartaric Acid reduces fine lines and wrinkles Pyruvic Acid exfoliates and reduces dark spots Phytic Acid brightens

STEP 2 INGREDIENTS: Retinol helps smooth lines and wrinkles; boosts moisture Saccharide Isomerate binds moisture to skin Hyaluronic Acid Chronospheres provides time-released hydration Vegetable Collagen plumps and firms Watermelon Extract fights free radicals Arnica Extract heals the skin and reduces inflammation Peptide firms and tones Ceramides strengthens and repairs skin barrier Coconut Fruit Juice hydrates and firms

-----------------------------

The whole break down:

Alpha Beta® Medi-Spa Peel Step 1: Water/Aqua/Eau, SD Alcohol 40-B, Lactic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycolic
Acid, Mandelic Acid, Polysorbate 80, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Pyruvic
Acid, Tartaric Acid, Gallic Acid, Ellagic Acid, Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Lactobionic
Acid, Salicylic Acid, Phytic Acid, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Hexylresorcinol, Rehmannia Glutinosa Root
Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Flower/Leaf
Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Extract,
Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Sodium PCA, Chamomilla Recutita
(Matricaria) Flower Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Propanediol, Menthyl Lactate, Linalool, Disodium
EDTA, Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate.

Alpha Beta® Medi-Spa Peel Step 2: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dicaprylyl Ether, C14-22 Alkane, Propanediol, Squalane,
Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-10 Mono/Dioleate, Polyglyceryl-3 Oleate, Cetyl Alcohol, Octyldodecanol, Tetrapeptide-21,
Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Collagen Amino Acids, Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate, Arnica Montana Flower Extract,
Retinol, Sphingolipids, Phospholipids, Saccharide Isomerate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Leuconostoc/Radish Root
Ferment Filtrate, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Pichia/Resveratrol Ferment Extract, Cocos Nucifera
(Coconut) Water, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Juice, Sodium PCA, Sodium Bicarbonate, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl
Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glyceryl Cocoate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols,
Acrylates/Carbamate Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Cyclodextrin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Arachidyl Alcohol, Cetyl
Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phosphatidylglycerol, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Hexylene Glycol, Arachidyl Glucoside,
Phenoxyethanol, Behenyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate.
Information provided by Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare™

lylysa

Awesome, I was looking at the product page a while ago and on the ingredients tab. 

calcutta

(0) Hearts

Oh, that's so cool! I guess you have to have a rep in here to get that kind of treatment.

lylysa

It's definitely a perk, not all users that receive gratis even report back, but Sephora does include a letter with gratis stating that if there is mention of the product by said-user (for example in a product review, thread review, or on a personal blog) that it please be included that it was received in such a fashion as to not wanting that factor omitted from the public.

calcutta

Yeah, I can imagine they do not want to miss out on the good public image promoting.

ballerinagrl

I am addicted to his peels, and use the regular and extra strength versions every other day, as they make my skin glow like nothing else :-) Can't wait t try this media-spa newbie! Looking forward to your feedback.

notcreative

I definitely noticed some glowing.  It will be interesting to see if it stays or goes away once the product absorbs into the skin.  Once I see how it goes, I will report back.

ballerinagrl

My glow lasts around 2 days, hence why I use peel pads every other day ... the quality of my skin has seen incredible longterm improvement though :-)

notcreative

(0) Hearts

My skin is still glowing.  It was my exfoliating day too, so I worried it would take away the glow.  It did not.

notcreative

First use went pretty well.  My skin feels hydrated (which is great because it is so dry that it often gets tight).  I even think the after looks a little nicer (less dull) than the before.  Thus far, my only complaint is it is a little sticky.  It says not to rinse it off and to do your neck, but my neck slightly sticks to my chin every time I put my head down.  

I am curious to see how my skin looks each week before and after, so I will be taking pictures along the way.  I think the filtered pictures show the detail better at times, but the unfiltered pictures focus better.  Therefore, I will provide both each week as long as there is interest.  If no one is interested in seeing them, I will just take them for myself and not post them.

Before with filter 

Dr Gross peel week 1 Before.jpg

After with filter

Dr Gross peel Week 1 after.jpg

Before no filter

Dr Gross Peel Week 1 before unretouched.jpg

After no filter

Dr Gross Peel Week 1 after unretouched.jpg

misscg

You have wonderful skin but I do notice the difference in the after. Cool stuff

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Thanks.  I noticed it too.  The glow is fading now, but I liked it while it was there.

fatimamummy

[ Edited ]

Let me tell you that you have really good skin to start with and I can clearly see the glow and freshness you get after using this peel. Would love to see more pics of you. Personally I review product after 4 or 5 uses to be sure my review is unbiased.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 255 replies
  • 306 hearts
  • 31 in conversation
    • lovinglondon
    • itscarin
    • misscg
    • desertgirl501
    • lylysa
    • sace021