Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel

My love for Sephora continues. I was sent a comped, brand new, full sized Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel (launching 08-26-14) to review. I will use it for the first time tonight, so check back to this post if the product interests you.

Sephora Dr Gross Haul 2.jpg

Sephora Dr Gross Haul.jpg

Re: Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel

I got mine too, and used it last night. What does everyone think... keep the reviews all to one post, or split them up individually?

(0) Hearts

I think separate reviews would be nice otherwise it's going to be difficult to find the actual reviews within the threads, since there's probably going to be questions on comments on each person's review.

(0) Hearts

I just cannot wait to see how it goes for everyone.  Whatever everyone decides is fine with me.

I think we keep them in this post for BT while post our individual reviews on the product page. .... I am waiting for mine to come.

I'll follow along with whatever everyone decides...I'm waiting as well!

I have one coming too, so excited! I love to try new things, and it was such a pleasant surprise to get the email! 

This does have a lot of great inngredieents, and  must be pretty strong/effective since it is designed for once-weekly use.

I will post pics and reviews, here or separately... 

Enjoy! Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

When I receive my gratis product, I am wondering if I should post my review on this thread that Notcreative started, or if I should start my own thread? I am worried about being redundant or clogging up the main page.

What do you guys think? 

(0) Hearts

I do not mind if everyone wants to combine, but I wonder what Sephora wants.  Maybe a mod can answer this a little better.

Good question.  I'm expecting to receive one too and I can't wait!! Perhaps we all post our reviews here so they are streamlined an all in one place.  That may make the most sense.

(0) Hearts

That does make it easier for everyone to read up on everything, so Sephora may be okay with that.

This looks awesome, I would love to try it out. I recently started using the peel wipes and I notice improvement in my skin. Guess I'll just have to wait until it hits stores for a sample or something.

On another note, looks like once again I need to post a lot more to considered for these wonderful perks for being a BT member.

(0) Hearts

I am really liking it so far, so I can definitely suggest picking one up.  If I change my mind, I will let you know.  When you start posting more, they will choose all new users to test the next product.  That is usually my luck, so I was surprised and happy I was selected.

(0) Hearts

How'd you get it free?

[ Edited ]

As usual, the lovely Lylysa is correct.  The only two requests they have are that we review the item (on BT and the main Sephora page) and mention it was free.  Some people trust reviews less from people who received the items for free, so they always want you to mention that (full disclosure).  My assumption is people who fail to do one or both of those items may be excluded from future promotions.  I am also guessing that they try to select a different group of people each time, so if you stay active, you could be selected at some point.  

Here is what I typed in response to this question in the hauls thread:

The criteria is different each time. For the first freebies I noticed (from Perricone MD), they selected original BT members who were still active. That meant anyone who joined in 2010 who was still posting in 2014 was selected (even if the 2014 postings were infrequent; as long as they responded to the pm in time). This time it appears as though they selected members who are extremely active and offer advice pertaining to skincare. Next time, they could choose all new posters or some other method. I just hope there is a next time. Two rounds hardly indicates a pattern, but two is better than one (which I wrote with Shel Silverstein in mind).

Your skin looks suuuuuper smooth, Notcreative! Smiley Very Happy

Thank you.

I agree!  You have lovely skin!

Thanks.

Sephora on occasion will send gratis to Beauty Talk user, Mods reach out via personal message.

Another question for you lylysa, As not creative said, we are not supposed to rinse it , then can I apply my Shiseido power infusing concentrate and Murad pigment lightening serum on top of it or skip them on the peel day. I used my philosophy peel only once a week and hopefully use this one the same way.

(0) Hearts

If this helps, I only used the Peel Pad kit with the wipe and the cream for that night's wash (nothing else).  My skin felt fine.  Usually, when I do not use multiple products, my skin feels tight and dry.  That was not the case with this.  Mostly, I felt moisturized and a little sticky.  I do hate skipping my Ole Henriksen eye gel, because my eyes look so much better since I started using it.  Using it six nights a week instead of seven should be okay though.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
Photos26
  • Sephora Dr Gross Haul.jpg
  • Dr Gross peel week 1 Before.jpg
  • Dr Gross peel Week 1 after.jpg
  • Dr Gross Peel Week 1 before unretouched.jpg
  • Dr Gross Peel Week 1 after unretouched.jpg
  • IMG-20140826-01250 (2).jpg
  • IMG_1691.jpg
  • IMG_1680.jpg