notcreative

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel

My love for Sephora continues. I was sent a comped, brand new, full sized Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel (launching 08-26-14) to review. I will use it for the first time tonight, so check back to this post if the product interests you.

Sephora Dr Gross Haul 2.jpg

Sephora Dr Gross Haul.jpg

ballerinagrl

Re: Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-Spa Peel

My glow lasts around 2 days, hence why I use peel pads every other day ... the quality of my skin has seen incredible longterm improvement though :-)

notcreative

(0) Hearts

My skin is still glowing.  It was my exfoliating day too, so I worried it would take away the glow.  It did not.

notcreative

First use went pretty well.  My skin feels hydrated (which is great because it is so dry that it often gets tight).  I even think the after looks a little nicer (less dull) than the before.  Thus far, my only complaint is it is a little sticky.  It says not to rinse it off and to do your neck, but my neck slightly sticks to my chin every time I put my head down.  

I am curious to see how my skin looks each week before and after, so I will be taking pictures along the way.  I think the filtered pictures show the detail better at times, but the unfiltered pictures focus better.  Therefore, I will provide both each week as long as there is interest.  If no one is interested in seeing them, I will just take them for myself and not post them.

Before with filter 

Dr Gross peel week 1 Before.jpg

After with filter

Dr Gross peel Week 1 after.jpg

Before no filter

Dr Gross Peel Week 1 before unretouched.jpg

After no filter

Dr Gross Peel Week 1 after unretouched.jpg

misscg

You have wonderful skin but I do notice the difference in the after. Cool stuff

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Thanks.  I noticed it too.  The glow is fading now, but I liked it while it was there.

fatimamummy

[ Edited ]

Let me tell you that you have really good skin to start with and I can clearly see the glow and freshness you get after using this peel. Would love to see more pics of you. Personally I review product after 4 or 5 uses to be sure my review is unbiased.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Thanks.  I was planning on reviewing it the whole way through as long as there is interest.  I the interest dies, I will not clog up the feed with unwanted reviews.  It will be cool to see my before picture from the start to my after picture on the final week, so I look forward to that (whether I post all of the pictures or not).  I cannot wait to read your review when you're ready.

kellsmuneoka

Can't wait for mines to arrive! So much love for Sephora <3

notcreative

Agreed.  I am excited to read your review.  I wish I started using nice products when I was your age.  You're smart to get a head start.

kellsmuneoka

I'm the only one in my family that actually uses any high end products! They think I'm ridiculous , but I'll be having glowing clear skin so I don't care what they say! 

notcreative

[ Edited ]

When you're older, you'll be grateful you started young.  They'll see.  I keep trying to talk my little sister into investing in quality skincare.  Hopefully, she listens.  She is already 28, so she needs to get on it.

kellsmuneoka

[ Edited ]

I'm not even sure how I got into makeup/skincare in the first place...definitely didn't get influenced by my family that's for sure. Ugh, I'm so glad I learned on my own. Hopefully your sister listens because she'll realize later that it's a great investment. I'm trying to get my mom to use some good quality products for more mature skin because she is always complaining about her baggy eyes and dark circles, but REFUSES to use higher end products I suggest. She doesn't want me to be right which is understandable though, I think it's ridiculous because I'm just trying to help.

Heatoyos1

I know, right?! Love, love Sephora! I hope they keep stuff like this up: it really makes customers feel valued. 

notcreative

I know.  Having beauty lovers who love to communicate with other beauty lovers review products seems like a slam dunk from whomever came up with that idea.  Even if it is a while before I personally receive another one, I hope they keep it up.  They can get a lot of exposure this way.

Heatoyos1

I can't wait to receive mine, too! I'm hoping to do a treatment on my mom, as well. Is that a headband that's included? 

sace021

I can't wait either!  Notcreative, have you used his daily peels before (sorry if you said this somewhere and I missed it)?  I've been using them for about a month to fade a recent surgical scar on my cheek and I can't wait to see how this compares!

notcreative

I had not, so this was my very first experience with his peels.  Hopefully, you love the new formula.

notcreative

Yes, that is the headband.  My head is on the smaller side, so I am glad it is slightly adjustable.  It is nice that you're going to do a treatment on your Mom.  I hope she likes it.

H216

Wow that's great! Ineed to try DrDG alpha beta peel. I've heard great things about it! 

Also so last time I was in sephora a SA recommended it to exfoliate (I was using clarisonic to exfoliate).

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I use my Clarisonic once every other day.  On non Clarisonic days, I tend to use an exfoliant or mask.  Typically, I only do a mask once a week (alternating a variety of different types and brands).  Then, I will use an exfoliant once or twice a week.  That does mean there are occasional days where I use no mask, Clarisonic or exfoliant.

I guess my point is you can use both if you want to.

quinn

Wow, you get free products to try.  I've been calling customer service all year trying to get VIB emails sent to me. Lucky girl, enjoy. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 303 replies
  • 368 hearts
  • 35 in conversation
    • lovinglondon
    • itscarin
    • misscg
    • desertgirl501
    • lylysa
    • sace021