Do any of you share your passion for cosmetics/skincare by youtube/blogs?

I'm starting up my own channel. I honestly don't know where to begin. lol  I spend countless hours doing my own researching and experimenting with products for myself so why not share my findings with everyone else? I have a good amount of background experience having previously working for sephora and clinique. Currently I'm in cosmetology school and once I finish plan to go back into the industry to make it as my career. 

Re: Do any of you share your passion for cosmetics/skincare by youtube/blogs?

(0) Hearts

I have thought about it because I think there is definitely a dearth of bloggers/vloggers "of a certain age" (I'm 40). I think older women are really under-represented on YT but since I kinda do the same makeup looks over and over and I don't run out to buy the newest products the moment they come out, I wouldn't be a very good beauty guru! But I'm still searching for an older beauty YouTuber can relate to! To be honest a lot of them are either too frumpy or just too...um, not to my taste! 

(0) Hearts

(0) Hearts

Try my channel.  I'm over 40 and hopefully not too frumpy.  It's under the TY name meganlisa (original isn't it?). You might like it…you might not…might as well try...

(0) Hearts

I started a YouTube channel just over a year ago after having a book blog for years. The YT is mostly makeup. I find building traffic on YT much easier than on the blog itself. But I now put a lot more time into the YT so perhaps I'm not being fair.  PM me and maybe we can chat and I'll tell you what I've learned. 

It's actually pretty easy to do and fun. If you really want to do it you'll regret if you don't give it a shot.

(0) Hearts

You should! I have a parenting/lifestyle blog and a YT channel. But mostly from perspective of a momhaving fun, treating myself and learning on the go. It's fun and if you are passionate you should do it!

(0) Hearts

I've been looking into it as well, have you created a channel already? 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation