Spyski

Do all face pads smell bad?

I've recently found an exfoliator pad my skin really likes! I like it so much I've been redeeming my points for the perk whenever I had the chance. I already went thru 4 perks of the same product, and going on 5 now! Who does this?! lol. Anyway, the one thing I don't like about it is the smell. I really wish it wouldn't linger on my face, but it does. It doesn't really bother me too much, but every now and again I'll get a whiff of it. My boyfriend even asked me "what's on your face", I knew he was talking about the weird smell. I asked if it smelled bad, and of course he was like, "Uh, it's not bad..." YEAH, I know what that means...It's BAD! Haha! I must find an exfoliator like the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads. Any good dupes out there or anything similar that doesn't smell weird?

ChicDabbler

Re: Do all face pads smell bad?

I know FAB kind of smell blah to me, Dr. Goss is ok. I like the way Origins Brighter by Nature pad, but they are more of a peel that you are only suppose to use every 2-3 days or else you will get skin sensitivity. o.o

DTalksAll

I think they all have that scent. And the ones with alcohol (like PTR) have an even stronger scent. I got the perk for the FAB pads too & like to use them post workout to get the sweat off my face. At night I rather use a gentle toner instead of a harsh pad since my treatment is exfoliating (retinol fusion PM or invigorating night gel) 

Spyski

(0) Hearts

Ya see I like to use the pad in the morning, because it's quick when I have to be on the go. Any recommendations for an AM use? I really have been wanting to try the OH invigorating night gel as well.

DTalksAll

Do you need a toner in the morning? I usually just cleanse, treat (OH truth serum) &/or moisturize with PTR Retinol Fusion AM with SPF 30. Since I clean my face well at night I just like to start fresh in the morning with a gentle effective cleanser. There's no makeup to wash off and if it's ph balanced I don't have a need for a toner in the morning. 

Spyski

(0) Hearts

I do my skincare regimen at night as well, and don't use a toner in the morning unless it's "that time of the month". Would you recommend the truth serum for combo/oily acne prone skin? I heard great things about it, but kinda got wary because it's serum based. 

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

It dries smooth, and I haven't seen increased oil production with it. 

Are you using the FAB pads in place of a cleanser? Essentially, face pads are a toner with treatment properties, you shouldn't use both. What is your morning regimen, and what do you want out of the pads? 

Spyski

(0) Hearts

Ah, ok I didn't know that pads were essentially toner. I was looking for something quick and easy for the mornings to refresh from the night since my night regimen consists of wash, toner, moisturize. I liked how the pads brightened my complexion and smoothed out fine lines almost instantaneously for a refreshed morning look.  

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

So you don't cleanse or moisturize or put SPF on in the morning? What exactly is your morning regimen? 

Spyski

(0) Hearts

@dannyc, I sometimes use a light washing with clinique and usually always tone in morning followed by my tinted moisturizer that has SPF.

Spyski

(0) Hearts

It really depends on how my skin is feeling in the morning to tone, but lately its been almost every morning. Sorry for the confusion.

DTalksAll

And the scent still lingers after applying your TM? If you really like using it in the morning then you should cleanse, use the FAB pad, then maybe incorporate a serum like the the truth serum (which has a citrus scent) and then your TM. It should cancel out the scent of the pads. But skip the toner if using the pads, you shouldn't need both unless your really oily, but it still might be too much exfoliation which can cause more oil. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • ChicDabbler
    • Spyski