sangova

Dior Collection Spring 2014

I want every single item from this collection! I'm saving money starting NOW! 

7c16ec.jpg052bc4.jpg2b4ba7.jpg5130a4.jpgfd1eaa.jpgdba928.jpg734832.jpgd4f45e.jpg47627b.jpg33cd51.jpgb4ee19.jpg55e9c8.jpg3fc455.jpgb57387.jpg0fc244.jpg593ed7.jpgcbbf0b.jpgd9a2b7.jpg01d83e.jpg

ChicDabbler

Re: Dior Collection Spring 2014

I swatched the 5 color pastel one instore today, didn't buy it so I figure I'd give my 2 cents here instead of on a review. I swatched with an eyeshadow sponge:

- The light grey/top left color showed up ok, it's med/sheer and pretty.

- The blue/top right color does NOT want to show up at all. I swatched, no color, I swiped and patted and swiped and caked it on.....then I see a med/sheer pastel blue. 

- The pink/ bottom right color showed up fine, a med/sheer shimmery pastel pink with one swipe.

- The dark brown/bottom left color is the best, one swipe is med/full, true to color in the pan.

- The yellow middle color don't really have any pigment and is mostly just shimmery particles, you can swipe it over any color to give it extra sparkle but don't except to see a yellow color.

I meant to take a swatch picture but it was snowing so I hurried home, the back of my hand was wiped with clothe and I didn't look again until I washed my hand. The dark brown is still there. The light grey and pink are very faint, you can see them if you look for it, otherwise you can't. The blue does not exist. The yellow sparkle is everywhere.

So that's that. I didn't swatch the other ones, but this one is a no go for me; http://www.sephora.com/5-couleurs-couture-colour-eyeshadow-palette-trianon-edition-P384983

Plantgarden

[ Edited ]

Beautytester, I'm glad you brought this thread to life again.   I've been meaning to post a review of the two palettes I bought.   Both were disappointing.  I now wish I had returned them ($60 each).  I purchased them in mid December.   The problem is that they do not have any pigment.  

They look great in the palette, but the color does not transfer, I even tried three different lid primers.  These are the two I have; Rosy Tan & Incognito

image.jpgimage.jpg

Betsy30467

(0) Hearts

Love love love!!!! Beautiful colors...I cant wait!

xxtangypooxx

(0) Hearts

looooove it! it comes out during the spring? I'm definitely getting it!

jenjendoitagain

(0) Hearts

omgosh!! Love, love love! Especially those cute little 'bow' palettes!! To dye for!

AKRinNY

(0) Hearts

What product is the top lip one, the single one going horizontizally? TIA!

AKRinNY

OMG, apparently my inner Snoop is sneaking out. "Horizontizally"?

Can anyone plizzle tell me about that lipstizzle, fo shizzle?

HelloCoffee

(0) Hearts

This palette is on Nordstrom's site……this is gorgeous called Dulcine…it's a part of the collection, too…but not the one I want!   Uggghhhhh….just spent my Sephora gift card, too.      Do you think they are going to do something where certain pieces are exclusive to certain stores?

_8680627.jpg

HelloCoffee

(0) Hearts

but it doesn't have the bows…..maybe nordstrom's site is mistaken!!!   

I wish I never looked at this thread…..I want that palette with the blue/yellow/peach/silver/taupe….grrrrrrrrr

HelloCoffee

(0) Hearts

OMG wow…..the violet blush and the eyeshadow palette (with the blue that the model is wearing).  Reminds me of those pretty Rococo paintings….with the women in the big dresses with the Marie Antoinette hair : )

I could just see the prices now, though lol…..thanks for sharing!!!!!

kalex

Just wanted to let you ladies know that some of these items are available here now!  I spied the Coral Lip Glow, a couple of polishes, the Fusion Mono eyeshadows...

jxw200

(0) Hearts

i ordered the hot pink gloss but i really want the matte fusion mono... kalex, you saw it on sephora's site today? I want to use my GC otherwise i'd order from nordstrom lol

kalex

(0) Hearts

Mirage and Fantaisie are in stock but Nocturne isn't.

I just ordered Rosee from Nordies since it's exclusive to them.

jxw200

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

oh gosh i want mirage! have to stalk sephora site better. i keep searching and not finding it :smileysad: EDIT: I found it!!!!

sangova

(0) Hearts

Yes! I saw few things at Macy's and Nordstrom. But I really want that bow palette ... Can't see it anywhere yet.  

drrragon

ooh thanks for the update kalex!  i've been on the fence about that Dior lip glow but now that there's a coral version i'm totally jumping on it! yay! :smileyhappy:

kalex

Me too!  The original Lip Gow is hot pink on me.  :smileysad:  Hopefully the Coral Glow isn't neon orange!

drrragon

(0) Hearts

ohmigosh that's a good point!  maybe i'll wait for a few reviews to pop up first.... :smileyvery-happy:

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts

I'm wanting to try that violet blush!  

over60andfab

(0) Hearts

I'll take one of each!!!

These are just stunning - I am all about the pink!

Thank you for sharing!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 60 replies
  • 42 hearts
  • 37 in conversation
    • kalex
    • nikki
    • emmaclaire
    • marydiva
    • melisa16