cefrd13

Difference between Origins charcoal mask vs 10 minute mask?

I'm looking for a mask to add to my skin care routine, and I'm wondering that is the difference between Origins charcoal mask vs 10 minute mask? I do have some black heads and large pores on my nose, . As well as some hormonal acne/blemishes on my chin. They were both on sephora's masks it- list. But I wasn't sure what the difference between detoxifying and deep pore cleaning categories was. Thanks!

aviscardi

Re: Difference between Origins charcoal mask vs 10 minute mask?

(0) Hearts

This is an older thread but i figured it's easier than making a new one. I just got the charcoal mask point perk. but I already have the fresh umbrian clay mask that ive used 2-3xs once a week... I skipped last week since i was off 4days. but now im wondering should i continue to finish the fresh mask first before trying the origins ?

melissabt

(0) Hearts

HI Avidcardi,

I like using different masks throughout the week (never in the same day). However, if you want to try a new mask out, I would use one type for a week to see if you like the results.

<3 Melissa
aviscardi

(0) Hearts

even with exfoliating? I just wonder if the origins one will get into the pores better. i do like the fresh one. Im exfoliating twice a week on wed and fri and then using a mask on sundays.

melissabt

(0) Hearts

I like the origins charcoal mask to help unclog pores!

<3 Melissa
aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Great! I think i will try that this weekend. How would you suggest using it? The fresh is a little different , not quite a full hard mask so i only leave it on for 4mins and then rinse

melissabt

(0) Hearts

The origins mask, I like to apply a thin layer over my face and letting it dry till it feels tight. I put more around my nose and t-zone.

<3 Melissa
melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Cefrd13,

My first job was working at an Origins counter:smileyhappy:!

Are you looking at the 10 min Out Of Trouble™ 10 Minute Mask To Rescue Problem Skin or the 10 min mask Drink Up?

The Charcoal Mask is more for oily skin types. It draws out impurities (rather than adding to your skin like the 10 min mask).

I think that you are referring to the Out of Trouble mask which will be best for your skin type.

It soaks up shine, has sulfur to eliminate acne causing bacteria and removes dead skin cells that cause dullness.

<3 Melissa
cefrd13

Yes, the out of trouble 10 minutes mask is what I meant! Thanks.

roxystar4

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have owned both. I dont like the charcoal but some people love it. It made me break out a lot.  The 10 minute out of trouble mask was alright but i didnt notice it helping with acne that much.  

I like the proactive mask a lot for acne.  

Also, I think peels are awesome!  PTR has a good one and Mychelle Pumpkin Peel is great.

cefrd13

(0) Hearts

I use the PTR spot treatment that works wonders, what peel of his did you like?

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

PTR FIRMx peeling gel - I used it two nights ago and then put the Boscia Oil-Free hydration on after.

But to be honest I think the Mychelle pumpkin peel is better. It makes my skin feel softer. 

I also LOVE Andalou Naturals Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • aviscardi
    • melissabt
    • roxystar4
    • cefrd13