cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE ORDINARY / DECIEM THREAD

~ Updated Dec 2nd 2018 ~

Their popularity seems to be growing and with all the their brands why not have a thread dedicated to them!

Brands under Deciem:

NIOD

Hylamide

Chemistry Brand

The Ordinary

Loopha

The Fountain

HIF

Ab Crew

Abnomaly

COMING SOON/NEWS:

Brands coming under the Deciem name:

• Halftone
    HIPPOOH
    Stencil

Re: DECIEM THREAD!!!

It looks like a few shades of the ordinary foundations are back in stock (2.1y)

A tip for those who hate the gritty texture from The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%--mix it with a hyaluronic serum before applying! I was about to give up on my Vitamin C tube until I read and tried this tip from Gio's Beautiful with Brains blog.  

I should have thought of this earlier since I used to mix products with Philosophy's Turbo Booster C Powder and the result was never gritty. 

Spoiler
www dot beautifulwithbrains dot com/the-ordinary-vitamin-c-suspension-ha-spheres/

Lauder has acquired a minority stake in DECIEM

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 4.41.08 PM.png

I still remember what Frank said when EL bought MAC and yes, in spite of what he promised and perhaps hoped for, MAC was never the same.

I worry for Deciem.

Ugh. So tired of all this monopoly!  Thanks for the info @Mochapj 🙂

I wonder if this means they'll start taking orders for the Ordinary Colors again anytime soon....

So hard to find a cruelty-free company these days that doesn't get acquired by EL (or the like) 😞

They said on their Facebook that the EL acquisition would not change their stance on animal testing, so...fingers crossed that is true.

Last update for HIF Anti-Frizz support.  I really love this product but it's sold out on their site as well as well.ca. The Bay who also carries HIF doesn't have it. I am frustrated with the brand and poor customer service.  I would purchase again and again but their lack of response just really upsets me so I decided to give another brand a shot. Also their packaging might be nice but not functional when you are at the end of the tube...  gotta keep function in mind when designing... Just very frustrated with them at this point.

@veronika23, I also contacted them regarding HIF and was told by their customer service that they are reformulating their HIF line and it will be in stock once its ready.

@mynameismilena   Thanks so much for the info! 🙂  They didn't tell me that.  Why reformulate??? That's interesting... The packaging needs redesign though.

Coming back to post about HIF anti-frizz support.

Still liking it.  The dryness and tangles I had at first are gone. I think that was just because of the switch between the type of shampoos. I made my hair dresser use it on me when I went to see her recently and she thought it was cool. She did notice less of my usual kinks in my hair while drying.  The only thing that's hard to describe is that "heaviness" my hair has... it's less fluffy I guess... but I still like it.

If anyone else plans on trying this... I find it's best to put products in your hands, rub them together, and then apply to your hair.  You'll use less product this way.

I've been trialing the Ordinary's Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% for a while now and wanted to come post some thoughts.

The Ordinary states it's for brightening and improving skin texture. I've used this about 4 or 5 times, and am still working my way up to seeing whether I want to use it nightly or continue more sporadically.

The product is a gel-ish cream, not too thick but feels plush.  When you apply it to the face it has that sort of silicone slip, but also a bit powdery.  It absorbs really quickly, and makes my skin look very matte.  Each of the times I've used it, when I wake up the next day my skin does look a little bit brighter, but the bigger thing I noticed is that any redness I might've had from active breakouts was significantly diminished.  After using it a few times, I've also noticed the problematic 'orange peel' pores that my prescription retinoid left me are getting a little less prominent.

Overall I'd say so far I'm pleased, and I'm definitely going to continue using it.

@Mochapj, do you apply moisturizer on top of the azelaic acid suspension? If you do, how long do you wait between the steps?

The formula feels very silicone-heavy so applying moisturizer on top of the suspension feels weird to me.

@jisub89 I only use it at night so I don't usually follow it with a moisturizer.

the texture is not my favourite so I haven't been using it on consecutive days

when I've tried using it with an oil or face balm I usually wait 5-10 minutes between steps to prevent pilling/rolling

Thanks @Mochapj! I'll give it another try tonight 🙂

hello to all 🙂 did anybody have tried the buffet, advance retinoid, lactic acid 10% vs 5% , squalene from the ordinary line?

@mztm  I've tried the squalane oil.  I find it's more for the night because I find it oily... yeah I know it's an oil but it just has that extra slip to it you know. I do like it so far.  I bought one from another company to compare.  I have so many products to try and test but my skin is a mess right now so things are on hold 😄

@veronika23 ty 🙂

i have read a review comparing SR and ordinary and will purchase the Ordinary Advance Retinoid and Lactic Acid 10% to test out since my skin really likes the SR combo but not the price

http://www.inthenameofskin.com/2016/11/brand-review-ordinary.html

P.S. also ordered their foundation in medium hopefully it matches on my skin

@mztm  cool!  Oh yeah I wanted to order some foundation... I guess because I couldn't get on the site the other day I totally forgot 😄

@veronika23 yeah it crashed on me too ..but its fine since yesterday....:) 

the CS told me delay for 2 weeks or more on shipping foundations but im willing to wait if its that good and cheap...i was tempted to order 4 ( 2 serum + 2 coverage) as i dont know if the shade will match

I followed the chart Wayne Goss had with his video. I hope that it isn't too light, but I didn't want to order multiple bottles since I'm not sure if it will work with my skin.

testing