DECIEM THREAD!!!

[ Edited ]

Their popularity seems to be growing and with all the their brands why not have a thread dedicated to them!

Brands:

NIOD

Hylamide

The Chemistry Brand

The Ordinary

Stemm

The Fountain

HIF

White Rx

Ab Crew

Coming

Spoiler
INHIBITIF
Grow Gorgeous
Loopha
HalfTone
WoodPekker
Esho
Stencil

COMING SOON/NEWS:

The Ordinary - Foundation - AVAILABLE NOW

Where to Buy

Deciem.com

Sephora - NIOD/Hylamide/Fountain

Beautylish - The Ordinary

ASOS - The Ordinary

Well.ca - Hylamide/HIF/The Ordinary

The Bay - Hylamide/HIF/Fountain/Hand Chemistry/NOID/The Ordinary

~ Updated: May 1st 2017 ~

Re: DECIEM THREAD!!!

Coming back to post about HIF anti-frizz support.

Still liking it.  The dryness and tangles I had at first are gone. I think that was just because of the switch between the type of shampoos. I made my hair dresser use it on me when I went to see her recently and she thought it was cool. She did notice less of my usual kinks in my hair while drying.  The only thing that's hard to describe is that "heaviness" my hair has... it's less fluffy I guess... but I still like it.

If anyone else plans on trying this... I find it's best to put products in your hands, rub them together, and then apply to your hair.  You'll use less product this way.

I've been trialing the Ordinary's Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% for a while now and wanted to come post some thoughts.

The Ordinary states it's for brightening and improving skin texture. I've used this about 4 or 5 times, and am still working my way up to seeing whether I want to use it nightly or continue more sporadically.

The product is a gel-ish cream, not too thick but feels plush.  When you apply it to the face it has that sort of silicone slip, but also a bit powdery.  It absorbs really quickly, and makes my skin look very matte.  Each of the times I've used it, when I wake up the next day my skin does look a little bit brighter, but the bigger thing I noticed is that any redness I might've had from active breakouts was significantly diminished.  After using it a few times, I've also noticed the problematic 'orange peel' pores that my prescription retinoid left me are getting a little less prominent.

Overall I'd say so far I'm pleased, and I'm definitely going to continue using it.

hello to all Smiley Happy did anybody have tried the buffet, advance retinoid, lactic acid 10% vs 5% , squalene from the ordinary line?

@mztm  I've tried the squalane oil.  I find it's more for the night because I find it oily... yeah I know it's an oil but it just has that extra slip to it you know. I do like it so far.  I bought one from another company to compare.  I have so many products to try and test but my skin is a mess right now so things are on hold Smiley Very Happy

@veronika23 ty Smiley Happy

i have read a review comparing SR and ordinary and will purchase the Ordinary Advance Retinoid and Lactic Acid 10% to test out since my skin really likes the SR combo but not the price

http://www.inthenameofskin.com/2016/11/brand-review-ordinary.html

P.S. also ordered their foundation in medium hopefully it matches on my skin

[ Edited ]

@mztm  cool!  Oh yeah I wanted to order some foundation... I guess because I couldn't get on the site the other day I totally forgot Smiley Very Happy

@veronika23 yeah it crashed on me too ..but its fine since yesterday....Smiley Happy 

the CS told me delay for 2 weeks or more on shipping foundations but im willing to wait if its that good and cheap...i was tempted to order 4 ( 2 serum + 2 coverage) as i dont know if the shade will match

I followed the chart Wayne Goss had with his video. I hope that it isn't too light, but I didn't want to order multiple bottles since I'm not sure if it will work with my skin.

@mztm  good to know thanks! It is very cheap! I might order 2 shades to see... maybe one in each...

[ Edited ]

I've been using the Flavanone Mud mask and I'm not really impressed. Following the directions, I opted to use it for five days in a row, then weekly, for an accelerated start to results. 

The mask is fairly mattifying but it tingles quite strongly and leaves my skin very red. My skin is not sensitive at all and stands up to at-home peels, acids, retinol etc but this stuff leaves my skin very red for at least an hour. Because of this, I can only use it in the evening. Personally, I'd rather just a mattifying mask during the day before makeup application to reap the benefits throughout the day. The website says one 50ml jar will give 18-25 treatments and I find that hard to believe. The glass jar is shaped like a vitamin bottle - narrow neck, wide body - making it very difficult to get any product out. You have to use some kind of tool to avoid sticking a finger deep down in to the jar. I would not recommend this mask. Unfortunately I've used it 7 times already (5x in a row for first 5 days, then once weekly after that for two weeks) so I feel quite sheepish about returning that well used of a product to Sephora. I guess I am stuck with this clunker! And because it is so unhygienic with the jar/spout-less bottle packaging, I don't feel comfortable trying to give it away to anyone else. Sad that this was my first outing with DECEIM products Smiley Sad I am not very eager to try anything else tbh.

Thanks @underwhelmed11 and @Mochapj  this is definitely getting removed from my wish list.

@underwhelmed11 I wasn't a fan of the Flavanone Mud, either.

I find a lot of the NIOD line to be hit/miss. They say you're supposed to use a very thin skim coat of this mask (hence the 18-25 applications) but even doing that I still found it quite tingly/burning and I didn't really see many favorable results from it, whether I did the 5 day accelerated (which I did the course fully once) or weekly usage to maintain that.

The only NIOD product I've enjoyed enough to repurchase was the Copper Amino Isolate Serum (in either 1% or 5%)

The Non Acid Acid Precursor broke me out terribly, as did the Mastic Must. The Multimolecular Hyaluronic Concentrate was ok, but not stunning. 

The Photography Fluid is a beautiful primer but I didn't really realize that's what it was when I bought it and since I don't wear foundation, it's too glowy for me to wear alone.

@Mochapj thanks for sharing your other experiences. i pulled back and did a thinner coat of the mask but still found the redness quite intense. tingling doesn't bother me but if i can't put makeup on for a few hours i'm more likely to use a different mud/clay based mask. also i wish they would use a better descriptor than a 'thin layer' - thin layer is not to same to me as it is to you necessarily. i like when companies use visual clues, like a dime sized amount to cover the entire face. 

@underwhelmed11 I totally agree.  That's actually my biggest complaint about the Tata Harper Purifying Mask (which I love) because the directions state to use a generous amount but what does that mean?? Smiley Very Happy

At any rate, I think NIOD may have gotten feedback about the packaging on Flavanone Mud, because I've seen newer versions of it recently packaged in a tube.  It makes more sense, but I still won't repurchase it, LOL.

@underwhelmed11@Mochapj  Smiley Sad i am very excited to try this mask that everybody is raving about..just waiting for sephora to stock in so i can return if i get a reaction....which products do you guys recommend that you have tried on this NIOD/ORDINARY line...thanks in advance

@mztm as I was mentioning to Underwhelmed11 above, the only product I enjoyed and have repurchased from NIOD was the Copper Amino Isolate Serum (have tried both 1% and 5%) 

From the Ordinary line, I've posted lengthier reviews further in the thread, but have tried:

Niacinamide 10% Zinc 1%

- Glycolic Acid 7%

- AHA 30% BHA 2%

- Salicylic Acid 2%

- 100% Rosehip Seed Oil

- Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA

The only one of these products I would likely repurchase is the AHA 30% BHA 2%.  I may repurchase the Niacinamide in the future, but I finished my first bottle and am trying a Niacinamide serum made by someone else to see if I prefer it.

thank you Smiley Happy @Mochapj

(0) Hearts

Hi all 😁I am late to this DECEIM party, i just discovered them today as ibsaw a review from Wayne Goss regarding their the Ordinary foundation and primer on which i ordered right away. Then i saw more videos regarding skincare line and was blown by hiw cheap the products were compare to Sunday Riley or orher sephora brands, i decided to search more and give it a try , its nice that they are Canadians😁 I order way lot more than i need probably as I got too excited for the price , pls help with a step by step routine info, the items i ordered all Ordinary are: Lactic Acid 5%, the Buffet, Squalene, Retinoid 2%, niacinamide, salicylic acid ( want to use only for spot treatment) , caffeine and of course the primer and serum and full coverage foundation

there are more products i want to try but are OOS - Rosehip oil, marula oil, glycolic toner, vit c 23% suspension

i wonder if Rosehip oil is only good for dry skin since what i read below it looks like the case, i have combination skin , more on oily side and currently using LUNA , eventhough it feels oily and sit on top of  skin next morning my face is soft and not oily at all. I put good genes on top of Luna everyday for the past 2 months now...

(0) Hearts

My thoughts:

the ordinary 10% vs good genes: the ordinary has a weird perfume and it IMO is not a good dupe as I don't notice a difference with my skin as I do with good genes

im using the rose hip oil right now and I'm not sure if it's hydrating enough for my dry skin; i was under the impression it was better for oily skin; I'll finish the bottle and fhen decide but I think the herbivore oil I was using was more hydrating 

the baby facial from drunk elephant vs the 30% I posted more thoughts on the skin 101 page but essentially I liked the ordinary's better but I think they're both good products

the caffeine eye serum didn't do anything for me good or bad but I only used it for 4 weeks, but I need something to brighten my eyes

i was using the vit c suspension but I didn't notice a difference and it's very gritty. I think I'd rather have the oil formula. Or another product cause I just couldn't keep up with the texture

that's all I've tried so far, but I'll be definitely trying some other things and repurchasing the 30%

(0) Hearts

Thank you

for Vit C - i recommend SR CEO, ive been using for 2 months each morning and my skin gotten brighter, i have to adjust my foundation shade one lighter

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • antifrizz-support-180ml.png
  • X-orig-400x400.jpg