cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE ORDINARY / DECIEM THREAD

~ Updated Dec 2nd 2018 ~

Their popularity seems to be growing and with all the their brands why not have a thread dedicated to them!

Brands under Deciem:

NIOD

Hylamide

Chemistry Brand

The Ordinary

Loopha

The Fountain

HIF

Ab Crew

Abnomaly

COMING SOON/NEWS:

Brands coming under the Deciem name:

• Halftone
    HIPPOOH
    Stencil

Re: DECIEM THREAD!!!

For those wondering The Ordinary foundation should be available mid April! US and Canada.

Trying a few products from Hylamide and The Ordinary right now but I have to say I like the 100% plant derived squalane from The Ordinary. It seems to be helping with hydration and giving softer skin.

@veronika23 that's great to hear! I have a bottle of Squalane from them that I haven't tried yet (finishing up a sample of it from another company first). Do you apply it before your moisturizer or after? I'm never quite sure with oil-type products. 

@JenniferOhJenny    it would be after. It goes after the water based products... so if water is the main ingredient in your moisturizer it would go after that. 🙂 I haven't been using much creams lately... mostly using serums and oils because I think one product I was testing dried out my skin more so I went back to products I know I do well with. I usually do this one and after that argan oil. A good way to remember the order is "thin to think". I guess that would be the best way to put it. I know I have other words for it but I'm having a brain f art moment 😄

Gotcha, that makes sense - thanks!

NP @JenniferOhJenny 🙂  I think it for me it will mostly be a night time product even though you can use it anytime. Let me know what you think of it!

@veronika23 I will! I think it will be a nighttime product for me, as well. I used the sample I have (from Biossance) once and if I recall correctly, it left a bit of an oily/shiny look. Not terrible, and it went away eventually, but I feel like putting makeup over it would have been a little bit of a mess.

@JenniferOhJenny  yeah that's how I feel about the squalane.

@veronika23 I'm glad it wasn't just me!

I'm trying out the Buffet serum right now... just received from The Bay yesterday (I also ordered the Niacinamind + Zinc and Alpha Lipoic Acid serums but they cancelled those items after a few days. Now waiting for them from Deciem direct).

First impressions...I like the frosted bottle packaging. I keep my skincare in the cabinet so the light colour isn't concerning. The serum is thick and gooey,kind of reminds me of the texture of the Pixi Glow Serum, just a little cloudier looking. This absorbed immediately and make me skin feel PLUMP. I was seriously impressed.

I woke up and my skin looked more...porcelain-like? You know how you apply a blur filter to your photos and your skin has that smooth, satiny quality? That's what my face looked like this morning. Also, I swear that the scar + hyperpigmentation on my inner cheek, left behind by a nasty cyst, that I've been working on fading for the last 9 months or so looks a tiny bit fainter today.

Applied the serum again this morning after showering and felt stickier for some reason, but it still absorbed immediately and did not disrupt the application of my concealer.

Overall very happy with the immediate results, will report back in a few weeks' time after longer usage.

@k617 how has the buffet worked out for you? do you recom...

@k617 how has the buffet worked out for you? do you recommend it?

Oh I'll have to remember this one for next time! 😄  Thanks!

Anyone tried products from the Fountain line?

I've just finished a bottle of The Glow Molecule 🙂 it tastes sweet, but not that aspartame sweet (does that make sense?). I love using it as a sweetener for homemade lemonade, and I think it's been working! The star ingredient is glutathione, and my skin has definitely had that 'glow' that it advertises. My only complaint is that it doesn't last long! Maybe about ~4-5 weeks worth of product with daily use?

@jominguez  yes that makes sense! Thank you 🙂

@veronika23 I have! I've been taking Happy (3 weeks) & Energy (6 weeks). 

I don't take supplements regularly, but I started taking these since my life has been a little extra stressful lately with lots going on 😉 

I have felt better lately (less fatigued and I seem to be resting better) - I'm not sure how much of that can be solely attributed to Fountain molecules, but I certainly haven't seen any adverse affects 🙂 

I will say that the taste of them is a little tart - I think they may have switched the flavour for Energy, because mine is Meyer Lemon instead of Orange (which is shown on the website). It isn't bad, just kinda sour.

@lachaton  thanks!  I'll look up those 2. I figured I could add it in my shake to hide the taste 😄  I am wondering how the one for hair is... Thank you!  Hope you get the time to catch your breath! 🙂

@veronika23 thank you! I haven't tried it in a shake, that's a good idea! It definitely doesn't taste bad, just not quite what I was expecting haha.

@lachaton  Thanks! I'm just not a huge fan of lemon stuff 😄

I used The Ordinary's 30% AHA last night, and I thought I'd post my thoughts here for everyone who is wondering how it compares to DE's baby facial.

I'm pretty used to high levels of AHA, to the point where DE babyfacial no longer burns for me, but when I put on The Ordinary's 30% AHA, it burned for the whole 10 minutes I had it on then my face kept mildly burning for so minutes after I had washed it off. The first time I used DE's babyfacial, it only burned for the first few minutes. Plus the 30% AHA is tinted red so you can't even see if your skin is turning red from the acid. It was way more drying than the babyfacial, where even with a layer of moisturizer and Marula oil on after, my skin still felt a little dry and tight.

I have to say though, the results of the 30% AHA is definitely more impressive than DE babyfacial. With the babyfacial, my skin was a little more smooth and glowing, but not significantly so. With The Ordinary's version, my skin was so baby smooth and my pores much less noticeable. This morning my skin doesn't seem irritated or itchy, no tightness and incredible dryness (I was expecting my skin barrier to be compromised). I'm a little torn about which one I would repurchase because DE is much more gentle, but The Ordinary gives better results at a much more affordable price, although I'm now sure if that's a completely good thing because that just shows how harsh it is. 

If you have sensitive skin, I would be careful about trying the ordinary 30% AHA and not leave it on for the whole 10 minutes the first time.

I'm still working my way through the other products I ordered from the Ordinary, but I agree that the 7% Glycolic Toner leaves a slight, dewy film. I don't completely hate it though since it helps add some moisture to my skin. I've definitely noticed skin is more luminous after using the toner for a week, but my forehead is purging a little from it. 

As a last note, I would not recommend ordering from Deciem directly. My niacinamide came crap half screwed on, with product having leaked out and dried all over the bottle. When I emailed them about it hoping to return it since I don't feel comfortable putting this on my face, they replied that QA said it was safe to use and the shelf life would still be 12 months. Beautylish and even ASOS would be a better place to buy The Ordinary.

Just received the peeling solution and tried it for the first time last night and my face burned the whole 10 minutes, too.  It didn't burn after washing off but my face felt slightly tingly.  I agree that it's better than DE Baby Facial as my skin felt much smoother.  I applied buffet, squalene and rose hip oil right after so I didn't notice any dryness.  I figured the more moisture, the better.

2 Replies
testing