cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE ORDINARY / DECIEM THREAD

~ Updated Dec 2nd 2018 ~

Their popularity seems to be growing and with all the their brands why not have a thread dedicated to them!

Brands under Deciem:

NIOD

Hylamide

Chemistry Brand

The Ordinary

Loopha

The Fountain

HIF

Ab Crew

Abnomaly

COMING SOON/NEWS:

Brands coming under the Deciem name:

• Halftone
    HIPPOOH
    Stencil

Re: DECIEM THREAD!!!

Thank you!  I have Baby Facial and while I like it, it's not great, especially for the price.  I also ordered the 7% glycolic and would love for it to replace the TLC Framboos, which is drying for me; however, it doesn't sound like the texture of the 7% is too pleasant.

I also agree about not ordering direct from Deciem as they don't seem as focused on CS.  I've never ordered from Beautylish but at least they send out emails as promised.  I can't tell you how many restock emails I've signed up with Deciem only to keep stalking the site and find out the product I wanted is back in stock yet I never received the email.  

I'm also a bit annoyed because I ordered two marula oils and they shipped me something else.  I emailed CS right away and they said they would ship the oils and I would receive a shipping notice.  At this point marula was still in stock so I waited a week and never received any shipping notice.  I contacted CS again and didn't hear back so I DM'd them via Instagram and they said they would ship once marula is back in stock.  I hope I actually get the oils but at this point I won't buy direct from them again.  Shame because Beautylish charges more for the marula.

Anyone use the marula oil?  I ordered two but they sent me the wrong product and now it's OOS again so I have to wait for the replacements to be shipped.  I'm hoping their oil is as good as DE's because it is so much cheaper.  I've tried Acure and didn't love the packaging.

I'm so glad there is a thread about Deciem! There is so much hype about The Ordinary and I love how Deciem has lines at different price points, which can make good skincare affordable for many folks. 

I ordered the Vitamin C suspension, Advanced Retinol 2% and Rose Hip Seed Oil from Deciem.com about a week before Beautylish announced they would begin carrying the line. 

I haven't used them yet because I want to slowly incorporate these items into my routine. 

I think I will try the Retinol tonight. My routine is very basic and I am not on medication, but I want to start a preventative routine before it's too late!

So I thought I'd post my thoughts on HIF Anti-Frizz support. @Mochapj @pixiedust2 @ZombieMetroAnt.  I have more products from Deciem to try out but at least here's a few thoughts on this one.

So the product is like a jelly consistency. It's semi clear and has an odd scent. I don't hate it but I can't put my finger on what it reminds me of. A part of me kinda likes it :D.  It massages well in the hair (no foam) and takes just a bit more time for me to rinse out than my regular conditioner. My hair if definitely clean after using this. My hair does look/feel a bit different but I can't put my finger on that too... maybe less single strand movement?  It was also more tangled than usual when wet and felt a bit dryer in the ends when dry... like less conditioned. I wonder if that's because it's getting used to another type of product. I've tried WEN in the past and definitely prefer this over WEN.  With WEN I found my hair felt greasy and dirty should I blow dry it but didn't feel that way if I let it air dry (wave/curl).  I am for sure going to keep using it and probably will finish the whole tube. I wonder if the tangles and that feeling of dryness will go away after a while.

antifrizz-support-180ml.png

@veronika23 Thanks so much for the review V! Please keep us posted as you continue to use it. Hope that dryness goes away in time. Now I really want to smell it LOL!

@pixiedust2all that comes to mind when I smell it is medicated tar or something like that LOL. It's different but in a weird way I kinda like it 😄

Oh, now I'm very interested!  I need something to clean my hair...like, squeaky clean.  Not because of product build up but because I use leave in conditioners that sometimes feels the shampoo isn't washing all the way out.  Thanks for the thorough review @veronika23 - I'm curious to see what your final thoughts are once you finish the product.

@ZombieMetroAnt Vinegar works really well to strip buildup. You can use it once a week if needed. Just mix equal parts vinegar and water. Shampoo your hair and then pour the vinegar over your head and massage it in. Leave it on for at least five minutes before you rinse it out. Yeah it's smelly but it rinses out. 

Oh, thanks @pixiedust2 00.JPG

@ZombieMetroAnt  You use leave in conditioners too? You should try this.  It's my HG.  Harder for me to find now in Canada but probably easy for you in the US.  I bought mine from the UK 😄  It smells amazing!

Marrakesh x Argan & Hemp Oil Therapy Leave-in Treatment & Detangler.

X-orig-400x400.jpg

Oh yes!!! Thank you @veronika23 I will definitely try this out...still searching for my HG.  

00000.JPG 

@ZombieMetroAnt  my hair dresser showed me this product a few years back and I still love it!  It's like a creamy oil.  I don't find it heavy and it does a good job. And the scent is just amaze balls!!! 😄

Cross posting some thoughts I'd posted elsewhere last week about The Ordinary products I've been sampling for a few months:

Spoiler
The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin
- has been approximately 60 days of use and I have noticed it lightening dark spots, but (maybe I'm imagining) I feel like it might also be lightening my whole skintone a touch. Unsure if I will repurchase.

The Ordinary Niacinamide Zinc
- similar usage timeframe as the AA serum, daily usage seems to have helped with controlling oiliness in my t-zone.

Also, have had the chance to try their Pixi Glow Tonic dupe (7% Glycolic Acid Toner) a few times and have some thoughts on it as well.

I'd say it has some similarities to the Pixi Glow Tonic, but there are definitely differences;

1. it doesn't have the soothing aloe scent that the Pixi does. In fact, it kind of smells dusty and like dirt.  I have to assume this is the Tasmanian Pepperberry they are using to buffer irritation.
  2. the Pixi product says you can use it 2x/day and while I don't typically, the Ordinary one says to only use 1x/day and preferably in the PM.  I'm not clear on why - whether that extra 2% of glycolic acid makes a huge difference in how often it could be used(?)
  3. texturally it is different. It comes out as a liquid, but when I swipe it on my face and then continue with the rest of my routine, I can feel an almost imperceptible oily film.  When I use the Pixi it makes my skin feel refreshed.  When I layer the rest of my products over The Ordinary, I can feel them sliding around more than usual. 

Overall, I'm not sure if I would repurchase.  My skincare decisions aren't solely based on cost, but also efficacy and enjoyment I get out of use.  The Pixi is a little more expensive, but I enjoy the experience of using it more, and it doesn't leave an oily film.

@Mochapj Thanks so much for the reviews! Don't like the sound of that oily film the toner is leaving on your skin 😞 I'll stick with the Pixi. Also happy to hear about the Arbutin. I was looking at that to lighten Post-acne marks so this sounds promising. 

Thanks for the little review of the Pixi dupe. I'm sticking with the real thing, I think :).

@JenniferOhJenny no problem!

I think I might, as well.  I will use up the bottle and perhaps my opinion will change over time but at the moment it isn't blowing me away.

I received my first the ordinary products last week. I bought the hyaluranic serum, niacinamide serum, azelaic acid, alpha Arbutin serum. I am trying to reduce some hyperpigmemtation. I am excited to hear others review their products. Especially to hear about some that are dupes for Pixi, Paula's choice, drunk elephant. I use Pixi toner and Paula's choice bha so am curious if these can replace them. 

I purchased a handful more of The Ordinary products recently and have started to test some of them out.

Purchased: salicylic acid 2%, glycolic 7% toner, azelaic acid 10%, alpha lipoic 5%, aha 30% bha 2% and the rosehip oil.

i have tried the salicylic acid 2% about 4 times now and have some comments. I've never tried the Paula's Choice one but this is supposed to be a dupe. I have used drugstore salicylic topicals in the past, so I'll compare it to those. The Ordinary one has an interesting texture. In the bottle and dropper it looks like a thick, clear gel. When I rub or pat it onto the areas I'm trying to treat, it almost foams up (it's hard to describe) and leaves a filmy/sticky white residue. If you keep working it in you can get the whiteness to disappear, but the stickiness doesn't really go away. For that reason I'd probably only use it at night. However it seems to work well. I've used it on a couple of congested spots overnight and in the morning it has cleared the clog and brought it to the surface.

i finished my pixi glow tonic this morning, so next to try will be the glycolic 7%, which is supposed to be a dupe for that. I can say already that it does not have the same soothing aloe-y scent that the pixi one does.

Anonymous Insider

I just found your comment re the "foaming" of The Ordinary salicylic acid - so it's not just me! When I put the Buffet on top, whether I wait for the acid to dry or not, it starts foaming again, which has slightly concerned me.

Will persevere though. Hoping it helps with the spots I now have because I've been trying several new products. Skin was quite clear before 😞

Anonymous Insider

The same thing happened to me! I put the salicylic acid on then the buffet and my face foamed up like a cleanser and my face was all sticky!

Hmmm I thought maybe I could get a substitute for my beloved PC BHA 2%, but if it leaves a sticky residue that'll be a no-go for me since I use BHA in the morning!

testing