clare

Ciate Caviar Manicure

I recently saw on both the Ciate website and a blog that Ciate's new caviar manicure kit was coming to Sephora. I was wonderign whether any of the Sephora experts new when it would be available and whether other items from Ciate were coming to Sephora.

Sephoraadmin

Re: Ciate Caviar Manicure

Let me tell you, we're as excited as you are. Just got our hands (or nails) on them! Check out the photo in The Swatch Board:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/Ciate-Cavier-Nails/m-p/318807/message-uid/318807#U3... 

dianabt

Hi Clare!

I'm super excited for these to arrive too! It looks like we're adding a lot of new polishes to our Sephora nail polish supply and(I just checked) these new Ciate Caviar polishes should be arriving mid-april! Keep checking back :catsurprised:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
lovelyheather

Do you know if Sephora will be carrying the full line of Ciate polishes or just the Caviar kits? 

I feel like I'm going to want both!  I can not resist the adorable bows on them!nail_polish_pp-020-cupcake-queen-n.jpg

keelybt

(0) Hearts

@Lovelyheather Not the full line, but we will be getting in a good assortment of shades.  Soooooo excited for this line :smileyhappy:

lovelyheather

(0) Hearts

@keelybt - Good enough for me!

kalex

I can't wait to try these either!  I have a few concerns about them though - a) does it really easily remove with nail polish remover?  it doesn't look like it would.   b) when it chips will it snag in my hair something fierce? and c) will the little beads make it more "chipable"?  If so, there's no way I'll be able to not pick at it constantly!

zenjen999

Use the Foil Method. Soak 10 cotton balls/pads in 100% pure acetone, and place them onto your nails, making sure to cover the entire nail. Then cut strips of foil, and wrap your cotton covered nail in foil. The foil prevents the acetone from evaporating. Wait about 6-8 minutes, and while applying a little pressure on your nail, drag the pad and foil off. All the glitter has been removed in one easy swipe. No more scrubbing like crazy.

kalex

(0) Hearts

I've heard mention of the Foil Method for removing glitter polish but I've never taken the time to find out what it was exactly.  It does sound preferable to just scrubbing forever, but does it kill your cuticles and the skin surrounding your nail by leaving the acetone on for so long?

janeenie

(0) Hearts

Before applying the cotton ball with 100% acetone, put Solar Oil by CND liberally on your cuticle. It will prevent it from dehydrating with the acetone on it. Also, since the Caviar Manicure is a brand new product I cannot say for sure if the foil method will work well as I haven't tried it. However, it is commonly used with Shellac removal and Rock Star Nail removal in my salon.

itsasecretsalon

Hi, I am a Lic. Nail Tech and I use the foil wrap method for removing glitter polish. It's only on for about 5 min. and I put a really good cutile oil on the cutilcles before I wrap each nail. Works wonders.

keelybt

kalex wrote:

I can't wait to try these either!  I have a few concerns about them though - a) does it really easily remove with nail polish remover?  it doesn't look like it would.   b) when it chips will it snag in my hair something fierce? and c) will the little beads make it more "chipable"?  If so, there's no way I'll be able to not pick at it constantly!

Great questions Kalex!  I haven't tried them yet, but I don't think I'll have much self control once they become available lol So I'll definitely update you. If it's similar to glitter polish, as far as being difficult to remove, Sephora Collection Instant Nail Polish Remover works so well. 

Instant Nail Polish Remover

kalex

(0) Hearts

Thanks!  I'll give Sephora's polish remover a try!

janinebt

Hi clare,

That's correct we'll be getting the Ciate Caviar Manicure sets sometime this spring, so lookout for them both online and in our store locations! I'm very excited to give them a try, they give nails such a chic and modern appearance.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • Sephoraadmin
    • keelybt
    • kalex
    • lovelyheather