Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

CHEAP?

Is there any good quality Sephora products, that are pretty cheap.. makeup is really expensive these days and i really want to buy some, but it gets really expensive! Thanks!!!

Tags:

Re: CHEAP?

Rose bud lip salve only costs $6! Use it on your lips and even cheeks as blush.

The Sephora brand products are really fantastic. They are much cheaper than some of the big named brands but they are good quality. Plus, they have a huge array of items/colors. Check that out!

I agree. I think the Sephora Brand is wonderful.Their combo palettes are a steal. They run around $25 and you get tons of eyeshadow usually around 5 blushes and from 5 - 10 glosses. And those shadows are so awesome, no problem with them staying on all day!  They're other products are quite affordable too.

You can also put "sale" in the  "search" on Sephora.  Many deals will come up. It's pretty cool.

You see that search bar on the Sephora website. Type in "sale" in there and you would be FLOORED at the amount of stuff that shows up.

Sephora brand make-up is really quite good  I must say, It's even cheaper than MAC and Clinique which I would categorize as mid-end brands.

Another thing is that the sephora brand does these "mini" size pencils, lipliners etc that are around 5 to 6 bucks and are great.

So far I have primer, eyeshadow, lipliner, eyeliner, brushes and mascara from Sephora Brand and I have no complaints EXCEPT my mascara brush keeps sticking together BUT it is not expired and still goes on well once the bristles unstick themselves from the wand.

Their lipsticks are also divine.

there are some drugstore brands that are great too like L'oreal, Nutrogena and Eco-tools (for brushes).

hope that helps!

The sets a couple other people mentioned are definitely the way to go!  I know for myself, I hardly ever finish a full-sized item (with the exeption of my foundation or some cleansers), so the mini sized items work perfectly fine for me!  🙂  I just got the Sephora Lash Stash box set (comes with 1 full sized Too Faced mascara, and several other mini mascaras from various brands like Tarte, Sephora, Blinc, MUFE, etc) and I literally think it will last me the rest of the year!

I second the lash stash sets, since I throw out my mascara often (I got a bad eye infection once from using bad product), these little mini mascaras are perfect! I can actually use them up before they would need to be tossed! This is a great saving if you figure at least $5-8 for a decent drugstore mascara that you should be tossing when it's probably 1/2 used up vs 10 mascaras for $32 in the lash stash (and the included lash curler isn't as bad as some drugstore ones I've tried). Works out to about $3 each.

Have fun shopping!

THe Stila travel kits are often on special for $10. Also right now the Korres single eye shadows are $6 on special. Watching the weekly specials are a great way to get great deals. Also, if you ever are making a large order, split it up into two orders large enough to get your free shipping so that you can use different offer codes on each order. Then you can get deluxe samples of stuff you may want to try in the future without spending any money, and you'll know whether you really want to save up and invest in the full sized product later on.

Are they 10$ in store too?

Ooh, that splitting up the order is a good idea, never occurred to me. (Of course, that makes 2 packages that I have to explain to hubby vs one......).  

@prettyinpa I split orders all the time to get more of the freebies. I just refrain from commenting on my husband's packages from Amazon and we all get along! That and we agreed upon a budget that we have to stay within.

Can I just say that I think it's hilarious that we all hide our packages (sephora.com, Ebay, J Crew...my list goes on) from SOs, relatives, etc.? I do it, too! I try to get home first to squirrel it away, or I try to make sure that it ships on a day when I know I'll be home first. Haha...the lengths to which we go! (<-- awkward, but I can't stand dangling prepositions)

: )

Anonymous Insider

katie1724 wrote:

Can I just say that I think it's hilarious that we all hide our packages (sephora.com, Ebay, J Crew...my list goes on) from SOs, relatives, etc.? I do it, too! I try to get home first to squirrel it away, or I try to make sure that it ships on a day when I know I'll be home first. It's just funny, the lengths we go to 🙂

Whenever I carry a big purse, my family are suspicious of shiny new things lurking in its depths. Sometimes I throw away the boxes for makeup in public wastebaskets because I get yelled at for buying more cosmetics. >_<

@prettyinpa: ANd that, my dear, is why I seldom do it!!!!! If I have a birhday coming up for someone I will do it, but that's pretty much the only time!

I thought of doing that too but I have the same problem- I don't want that many packages arriving! He travels a lot for his job, so if I time it right I can get the packages on days he's gone, but it's tricky to get the timing just right.

You ladies crack me up! I love it!

We are absolutely shameless junkies!!!! 😄

A good way to get a lot for a little is the Sephora Favorite's sets-

http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml?brandId=Sephora+Favorites

Keep an eye on palettes and value sets which are often a great deal.  I recommend doing the math to make sure, but often they really are a steal. (i.e. the elusive Naked Palette is 12 full-size eyeshadows.  Would cost $200+ if bought separately.)

http://www.sephora.com/browse/section.jhtml?categoryId=S11505&_DARGS=/browse/templates/level_three_a...

Sephora's own brand of products is almost always cheaper than the "big" name brands of beauty products. They have some really good makeup brushes and they have some little gems in their new skin care line. I would suggest that you go to a Sephora store (if possible) and try out their products and ask a SA to help you, they can point you to the less expensive but still great items. Also, check out the Sale section on the website, the discontinued items can be really marked down drastically!

The Rosebud lipbalms are one of my must haves, they are only 9 bucks and lasts for forever.

Anonymous Insider

sephoramusthave wrote:

The Rosebud lipbalms are one of my must haves, they are only 9 bucks and lasts for forever.

I actually have a huge issue with this as $9 for a lip balm is bordering on ridiculous.  It used to be around $4-5 at first, and I've been eyeing its inflation with growing wariness.  I'm not going to buy it anymore once it hits the $10 mark.

Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 48 Hearts Given
  • 17 Contributors
testing