1Emily

Bought the Naked 2! Should I get the original?

Hi, fellow makeup lovers! At the beginning of this year, I bought the Naked 2 palette. I have to say I absolutely love it! I've been wondering for some time now if I should bite the bullet and get the first one. Thoughts? I have fair, cool-toned skin, green-blue-grayish eyes (haha, hard to describe), and blonde hair. Any help would be appreciated!

melissabt

Re: Bought the Naked 2! Should I get the original?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi 1Emily-

Both are very different! I think that you will get a lot of use out of both. The original naked has more warmer brown and bronze tones (perfect for summer)! The Naked 2 has more taupes and cool tones.

<3 Melissa
mkupgk

Sure, why not? :smileywink:

onomotopoeia9

Said like a true enabler :smileyhappy:

I actually have all 3 naked palletes and I mix and match them all. I think all the colors compliment each other well, and I have so much fun with it!

DesertRose0706

I wouldn't get the Naked 1 since you already have the Naked 2.  The Naked 2 palette will work better with your skin tone, and you would be better off getting a different palette, one with a little more color or one with more mattes.

1Emily

(0) Hearts

Are there any you might suggest? I really wanted the Too Faced Bon Bons, but I guess they don't sell it anymore. :smileysad:

mkupgk

Try stila In The Garden Eye Shadow Palette.  I got it recently and definitely look great during spring and summer :smileywink:

1Emily

(0) Hearts

Thank you! I'll go check it out! 

garnett

If you are looking to have more matte to work with you could add the Naked Basics palette.  I don't like using a lot or all shimmer during the workday so that's what I did.  btw I am light with blue eyes and I like the Naked 2 palette much more for my coloring.

roxystar4

i love my Lorac Pro palette. I'd recommend that over another naked, ESP if you are cool toned

carolang

I don't think its necessary. I have neutral-warm skin tone with grey-blue eyes and got the Naked 1 palette (of course when I got it Naked 2 wasn't out!). I would say Naked 1 suits warm skin tones better while Naked 2 suits cooler skin tones better. I will say though that I absolutely love the naked and buck matte shades in Naked 1 and think they are amazing crease colors that I could not live without. However I lean towards neutral skin tone and I am looking at what colors I use and don't use, and I find that I rarely use half baked, smog, dark horse, creep, and gunmetal as they can look ruddy (the browns) on my skin... I do use the black as a shadow liner though. I don't seem to use the grey much but I would imagine that would look pretty good on grey undertone eyes like ours so maybe I should experiment.

Instead of getting the other naked palette, what I am doing is looking into trying another brand's neutral palette... like Stila In the light (very similar to Naked 1!) or the Lorac Pro pallete. I am leaning towards the pro palette - it comes with 16 colors, 8 matte (!!) and 8 shimmer. There is a nice combo of warm and cool tones in this palette so you may reach for it more than you would the Naked 1 palette. Plus there are some fun colors like copper and purple. The mauve (matte) and garnet (shimmer) colors are my favorite and pair well together. I think you would get a lot more use out of something like that over Naked 1 as Naked 1 has a lot of brown colors and I find when I am paler/cooler toned in the winter for ex they just don't look so great on me. Now that summer is rolling around and my skin will be more bronzed I will play with them a little more.

connieconcon

I totally agree with this.  The Naked one palette is warmer in tone.  If you're cool toned, the Naked 2 palette is enough.  :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 21 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • melissabt
    • roxystar4
    • onomotopoeia9
    • garnett
    • 1Emily