Boscia Konjac Cleansing Sponge

arielaaaaaaaa

Boscia Konjac Cleansing Sponge

Wow. I was just looking around and came across this! It's NEW and AMAZING!

I so need this in my life! I've been looking into buying some Muslin clothes to use while cleansing but i need this instead! There's a video about it underneath the picture on the page! 

Here is the link

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?skuId=1544030&productId=P382345

So anyways, it says:

What it is:
A pillow-soft sponge that cleanses and exfoliates to deliver smoother, softer, brighter-looking skin

What it is formulated to do:
As the leader in botanical science, Boscia continues to innovate with Japanese heritage in mind. The Konjac Cleansing Sponge is 100 percent Konjac Root, an Asian-cultivated, root-based vegetable that the Japanese have traditionally used as a detoxifying dietary staple, and as a calming, naturally exfoliating sponge for delicate skin. Gentle enough for the most sensitive skin types, this naturally deep-cleansing, pH balanced sponge can be used throughout the face, neck, and even the very delicate undereye area.

Has anyone heard of it, Used it, thinking about getting it?

arielaaaaaaaa

Re: Boscia Konjac Cleansing Sponge

I totally agree. i have no problem paying $18 for something I trust completely rather than buying from eBay. I don't care if it was free. I would not use it From eBay. 

olivanova

I see your point. I just don't see any difference between Boscia's sponge and the one I use. They look identical to me. In such cases, I feel that the extra $16 went into marketing and not the product itself. These are my feelings for this particular item. 

lucyshnoosy

(0) Hearts

I see it that way too.  There are some reputable pure konjac sponges that look identical to the Boscia and are much cheaper.  (I am not referring to ebay.)  I am sure that the Boscia one is good but I feel like a big portion of the price is just for the marketing.

neko333

That was kind of my thinking. With things like this it seems the same as if someone took natural honey and put it in jar. Then slapped a name on it and wants to sell it as some way overpriced face mask. I don't have a problem paying for something that is better or superior to something cheaper but I'm having a real issue with this one. I really can't find any differences. 

melde

This looks so neat!

miabt

Oh my goodness!  We just had a Bocia training last week and I was amazed by the Konjac Sponge!  It completely threw me off at how it started off like a pumice stone, but soaked up all that water & became super soft.  It totally convinced me since I was able to play with it :smileyhappy:  While it is a little expensive for a sponge, I'd splurge on it for sure!!

xo, Mia 

arielaaaaaaaa

Ohh Interesting! I want it more!! :smileyvery-happy:

neko333

Are there any brands to avoid buying when it comes to these? I did a quick search and it seems like a pretty simple thing. I'd rather try a cheaper one since I'm interested in the idea. 

drrragon

Welp, after a couple of days I STILL LOVE MY SPONGE!  The only thing is it takes even longer than my BeautyBlender to totally dry out.  But for me it's the perfect solution to get my face totally clean without having to use a washcloth and my face really feels smoother after washing with the sponge!  I've owned a Clarisonic since Jan but just have never managed to work it into my routine, but this sponge for some reason just works for me.

Tsung2001

(0) Hearts

Finally sephora carries konjac sponge now. I've used konjac sponges for a long time, but this boscia one is really overpriced. The one I'm using now is from the brand Dr. Sponge, and it works the same and is much cheaper. I got their bigger one.

Tsung2001

(0) Hearts

btw if anyone is interested, im using the lycoepene one

drsponge.jpg

malday

I've used the My Konjac Sponge before (the one @MrsVegan listed). I can't say I really noticed a difference to be honest but I'm going to buy a new one soon and continue just to see.

drrragon

I copy/pasted my review of the sponge that I posted yesterday in the No Buy thread (how ironic!):

I just used it this evening and I really like it! I've really been needing this without even realizing it until arielaaaaaa posted about it! My pet peeve is sometimes even after double cleansing, the washcloth I dry my face on STILL ends up having traces of foundation on it. An easy fix is to also use a washcloth to cleanse but I just don't like doing that. The Boscia Sponge is the perfect solution!

it's a cute little half-dome that fits right in the palm of my hand. It's a lot more aerated than your normal kitchen sponge, a lot like a loofah but soooooo soft! It's spongy and bouncy and soft on my face, and I used the flat side over most of my face (with my CeraVe foaming cleanser) then flipped it around and the dome side works well in my eye area.

The last time I used my Clarisonic, when I applied a glycolic acid toner after cleaning, my whole face stung. Today after using The Sponge and applying the same toner, there was no stinging! Yay!

@arielaaaaaaaa -- so glad you enabled me to get the Sponge! :smileyvery-happy:

and today's update: the sponge was hanging overnight but the inside of it was still damp this morning although the outside had dried.  

arielaaaaaaaa

yayyyy! I'm glad you like it!!! :smileyvery-happy:

dannyc

(0) Hearts

So you used a cleanser with it even though it has a cleanser inside? 

drrragon

(0) Hearts

Whoa, that would be a cool concept, but the Boscia sponge is just a sponge.  It did come with a sample pack of the Boscia cleanser though. 

I removed my makeup with La Roche Posay micellar water, then where I normally follow up with my Cera Ve cleanser with either my hands or the Clarisonic, I used the sponge.

nebel

I also added one to my Julep box this month, and I am excited to try it out!

dannyc

I use muslin cloths with my first wash, while removing makeup. This way I ensure I get everything off before I use my "treatment" cleanser. I did add the Julep sponge to my box this month & I'm excited to try it out. My only issue is I have a fear of sponges. They are a breading ground for bacteria so I try to avoid them. At least the clothes can be thrown in the wash, I guess with the sponge you can zap it in the microwave like you would a kitchen sponge.

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

You could soak in boiling water maybe to get rid of bacteria??? Or would it ruin it??

MrsVegan

Oh wow .. Sephora finally has Konjac sponge. I have been using this for several months now and really love it. I purchased it from Amazon and the brand I use is My Konjac Sponge. Their shape is water drop and looks the same as Julep's.

I also did try the half ball shape too but I didn't like it. It takes much longer time to dry and I was concerned with mold growing and hygienic issue.

I just searched YouTube for how to properly use and care for the sponge and this is a good one. She actually uses the same brand as mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RSVG_1RR-o

Picture of the one I have been using.

51UD57rZf2L.jpg

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I had never heard of these sponges till i googled Konjac, I NEED it!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 63 replies
  • 86 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • dannyc
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • malday
    • drrragon
    • neko333
    • yummi4tunekooki