arielaaaaaaaa

Boscia Konjac Cleansing Sponge

Wow. I was just looking around and came across this! It's NEW and AMAZING!

I so need this in my life! I've been looking into buying some Muslin clothes to use while cleansing but i need this instead! There's a video about it underneath the picture on the page! 

Here is the link

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?skuId=1544030&productId=P382345

So anyways, it says:

What it is:
A pillow-soft sponge that cleanses and exfoliates to deliver smoother, softer, brighter-looking skin

What it is formulated to do:
As the leader in botanical science, Boscia continues to innovate with Japanese heritage in mind. The Konjac Cleansing Sponge is 100 percent Konjac Root, an Asian-cultivated, root-based vegetable that the Japanese have traditionally used as a detoxifying dietary staple, and as a calming, naturally exfoliating sponge for delicate skin. Gentle enough for the most sensitive skin types, this naturally deep-cleansing, pH balanced sponge can be used throughout the face, neck, and even the very delicate undereye area.

Has anyone heard of it, Used it, thinking about getting it?

thesupergirl

Re: Boscia Konjac Cleansing Sponge

(0) Hearts

Julep has one too, but its super expensive.

DTalksAll

I added it to my box last month for just $8. 

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

I almost did that but I kept telling myself that I didn't need it.

insertcornyname

Laneige makes a sponge that's just like it! I have one....I wish I could take a picture of it but I'm at work right now. =(

insertcornyname

missha also offers one called Missha Konjac Natural Soft Jelly Cleansing Puff - Bamboo Charcoal and they have a regular white one too. I found it on amazon!

For some reason it keeps saying upload failed so I can't upload my laneige one =(

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Aw That's okay, I'm sure those interested can google it! Thanks for sharing!

PoesRevy

Personally, I like it...My skin seems to be in changing mode lately, probably due to climate change or, ehm, age! I did not find it to be harsh feeling, at all. I do use Clarisonic, but never more than once a day or moreso recently, every other. This is nice for the other times. It surely beats using face washing cloth!

Tayvm

I picked it up when I saw it because I wanted it and was too lazy to look anywhere else for a better buy.  The jury is still out on whether or not it is doing me any good.  I always expect to see results about 30 seconds after I use something for the first time :smileyhappy: 

yummi4tunekooki

Interesting.  I've been on a huge Korean & Japanese skincare and makeup kick, and I've seen tons of these sponges (often without much description, or poorly-translated information that's hilarious to read) online for super, SUPER cheap.  I tend to stay away from E-bay, but go for reputable online vendors (misshaus.com; testerkorea.com; en.koreadepart.com; etc.), so I'm not worried about the quality/authenticity of what I purchase.

Not gonna lie--when I saw this sponge and its price, I was pretty pissed off.  A ton of high-quality, name-brand, Asian skincare products are pretty darn cheap, so brands like Boscia (whose products are most likely MUCH cheaper in their native Japan) who take the exact same items and jack up the prices and take advantage of an ignorant Western market really annoy me.

I understand the lure of purchasing products to gain VIB points and whatnot, but I currently have over 700 points--AFTER redeeming a large portion recently.  It's super easy to gain points for Western products that are unique to our market, but I refuse to waste my hard-earned $$$ on things that I can easily obtain at a fraction of the cost.

warriorwitch

Skips off to check out what will undoubtedly be some of her new favorite sites.

yummi4tunekooki

Huzzah!  Enjoy!

olivanova

(0) Hearts

I use such sponges occasionally (usially, to remove a face mask faster), but don't see why would anyone need to pay $18 for it. I get them from Ebay for $1.5 including shipping.

DTalksAll

I personally don't trust many things on ebay. I've seen reports & heard first hand (from the trafficking organization I volunteered at) some of the stuff they put in wholesale & knock off items. Sorry, but I don't want rat poisoning or urine on my face. I know it's not all sellers, but I just don't trust it. 

neko333

That being said you really don't know that with anything. Unless you are going to run scientific tests on everything you buy. If something looks strange you obviously shouldn't buy it though. Price and brand name matter on somethings but this one I see no difference. Unless someone wants to buy the Bosica one and a cheap one to compare it. 

However these sponges are cheap everyday things on the Asian market. It's not like buying Marc Jacobs, or some big name brand where there is lots of money to be made from counterfeiting it. There's also lots of ways these places get things dirt cheap. They buy from the manufacture or they buy shipments of products off the trucks. 

Not to mention if something goes wrong on Ebay and you get a fake or bad item it is insanely easy to get a refund. Or you can just do the obvious and call your credit card company and tell them to hold the payment.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

But how do you know you're item from eBay isn't poisoned. How do you know the manufacturer &/or "truck" doesn't support human trafficking? I don't have  Asian markets close to me, so I'm not familiar with the brands & labels unless it's something really popular, but I heard to many sad & sick stories that I rather not take that chance. The brands/companies that make products for wholesalers & distribution companies are the biggest culprits. And it's not just beauty products. Does anyone remember last year the children's teething toys that had large amounts of rat poisoning found in them. It's just sick! 

I didn't buy a Boscia sponge, I got one through my Julep box. I really don't see a difference in using it & rather use my clarisonic. If I didn't get one through Julep, I doubt I would buy the Boscia.  

neko333

I'm just saying you don't know that with anything including the Bosica ones. Stuff like this happens to name brand stuff as well.

I don't know it doesn't support human trafficking but I also don't know what products are being made in sweatshops or by underage kids either. There's no way to know this and there's nothing you can really do about it. You can't change what happens in other countries. I just don't see this as being a point to avoid Ebay because you'd basically have to avoid everything.

Also there are sellers in America that buy products off trucks and from the manufacture. I know several local stores that do. It's just excess the stores don't want so they sell the extra for a little bit of nothing so that they don't lose money over it (because really it costs nothing to make these products).

arielaaaaaaaa

I still would buy the Boscia one here from sephora for numerous reasons.

1. I can afford it

2. I get Points

3. I'll get samples with my order and promo code offer.

I think the bosica is a winner for me regardless of any of the stuff you pointed out! I'm not being disrespectful in any way :smileyhappy:

neko333

Well those are good reasons to buy the one from Sephora. I'm just overly frugal with my money . The points thing doesn't do me that much good, mainly because I don't spend enough . Some things are nice but some things they offer as point rewards companies will give you for free. As far as samples go many Ebay sellers give you three free samples as well and when you buy a certain amount they give you freebies. So same basic principal.

I'm just more interested to try a Asian one personally. Mainly because my experience has been that the U.S. versions usually aren't as good (BB creams). 

I'm not trying to be disrespectful either. Though I'm well aware most people on the internet take just about everything I say that way (it's because it's the internet and my personality). Oh, the unintended fights I get into when I'm not even trying to.........That's why I post here, most people on Beauty Talk are sensible.

arielaaaaaaaa

I understand. But i use points for Lipstick perks and things like that. I think they are completely worth it. I'm pretty picky about what samples i want though. I just can't purchase form Ebay. I don't trust it and care to try. 

Don't worry, i didn't take at all disrespectfully. Your just expressing your opinions. 

olivanova

Oh, I'm with you on that - we should be careful about what we buy on Ebay. I tried konjac sponges after numerous recommendations from girls that are into japanease skin care routines and most of them use these cheap Ebay sponges along with premium japanease skin care products.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 63 replies
  • 86 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • malday
    • drrragon
    • neko333
    • yummi4tunekooki