BamaCaliGirl

Best eye and lip primers for acne prone combination skin?

(0) Hearts

To make my makeup last longer at work I've decided to start using both eye and lip primers, but I don't want to use anything that will break my skin out. I've previously used NYX eyeshadow primer from Ulta which worked very well, but the mineral oil in the formula sometimes caused breakouts so I need to switch Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

beautylovingirl

Re: Best eye and lip primers for acne prone combination skin?

(0) Hearts

With your skin being acne prone you need products with staying power, Kat Von D's High Voltage Eye Primer and Urban Decay's Lip primer potion would be two great options for you to look at.

lylysa

Re: Best eye and lip primers for acne prone combination skin?

(0) Hearts

Try primer in a line made for sensitive skin and without many filler ingredients like Lorac's Behind the Scenes or Tarte's Clean Slate. The Lorac one is a touch thicker (a little goes a long way), but dries down very well and works well even for lids that get a touch oily. The Tarte one is much thinner in texture, try to visit your local Sephora to play with the textures and maybe even swatch shadows over them to see which you like best

swfupload_1098643408892804739.jpgswfupload_5021568492831647475.jpg

As for a lip primer I like Urban Decay's primer (it's infused with SPF) and has a thin texture, Pop Beauty which has a less slippery feel, and even using a clear lip liner lined and filled in on lips (MUFE, Too Faced, and UD all make one)

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • BamaCaliGirl
Photos2
  • swfupload_1098643408892804739.jpg
  • swfupload_5021568492831647475.jpg