asdsfgh

Best Whitening Products

I'm getting my braces off a week from today (YAY) and I was wondering what whitening products you guys have had success with? I have fairly sensitive teeth so that may be an issue. Thank you!

melissabt

Re: Best Whitening Products

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I second the Glo. We had a training and after one application, I already visually saw a difference. I have the tooth paste now and I really see a result with this one. I've used other drug store ones in the past but, never saw much of a difference.

I agree, the berry taste takes a bit of time to get used to it.

<3 Melissa
beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@DesertRose0706- I was gonna give the same suggestion for the Crest White Strips they do work really well just as good as some of the professional trays and whitening gels. My dentist was telling me about the Sensitivity toothpaste from Crest and it has helped a ton with using the Crest White strips as far as them making my teeth not as sensitive to the strips.:smileyhappy:

DesertRose0706

i've tried crest white strips and I find they work very well, however they do make your teeth sensitive.  if i time it right and use hem right after work (about 5pm) then the worst of the sensitivity will hit at night while i;m sleeping.  I take IB profen during the day to curb any sensitivity I feel, and its not too bad.

I also wanted to point out that another commenter mentioned brushing her teeth with lemon juice, but this is very bad for your teeth as the acid will strip away your enamel, even if you only do it a couple times per week.  It makes your teeth whiter at first, but as the enamel is stripped they will get more yellow and will be more prone to cavities.

berniebeauty

(0) Hearts

Oooh, that's so exciting! I recently got my braces off in the beginning of June. My teeth actually looked pretty good even though they had been trapped under glue and metal for over two years lol. I know when I had braces I was deathly afraid of using any whitening tooth paste because I didn't want discoloration, so I was very excited to get pearly white teeth after. I have actually lost the inspiration for trying anything too drastic, but what I do do is to combine baking soda and lemon or lime juice and make it into a paste and then use it to brush my teeth. I learned the trick from a youtuber, lizlizlive in her video How I Whiten My Teeth At Home. She uses bicarbonate of soda, but its the same concept. I only do once a week or every other week because any more will hurt enamel. Since I've only done it a few times I can't really say what the long term effects are, but it seems to be working pretty nicely, I mean you can't expect it to be magic. You might want to go to youtube to see some suggestions!

~We are all beautiful~

miabt

Ohh I'm with Diana!  For years I've used the traditional white strips that make your gums super sensitive :smileysad:  I like my teeth to be super white, so I used it twice a year, but the sensitivity has always been the worst.  We had a Glo training in the office & I LOVE it!  I can use it while I'm watching TV at the end of the night & no sensitivity at all.  I haven't been consistent with it, but since I'm trying to whiten them up for my sisters wedding, I'll have to get to it this week :smileyhappy:  Definitely worth the investment!

xo, Mia

dianabt

Hi asdsfgh,

I've had great luck with my Glo system and especially with the new berry toothpaste- not my fave taste but it works great and I already see a difference after only a few days of using it.

When in doubt, you can go the old fashioned way with salt and warm water but I'd really consider you look at the Glo for professional grade results that don't cause sensitivity. :smileyhappy:

GLO - Whitening Antioxidant Toothpaste

http://www.sephora.com/glo-whitening-antioxidant-toothpaste-P375272?skuId=1451756

GLO - GLO Brilliant™ Personal Teeth Whitening Device

http://www.sephora.com/glo-brilliant-personal-teeth-whitening-device-P281835

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • berniebeauty