Lunacatt13

Benefit cosmetics

I've used Benefit cosmetics under the assumption they were cruelty free. I just looked at a few lists posted on here and found they are not on the non animal tested list. I'm so shocked. Does anyone know if this is true? I will never support their company again if so, and in fact wish I could throw out anything I've bought to support them. I truly thought a company like theirs would support not testing on animals.

ChicDabbler

Re: Benefit cosmetics

Look for the leaping bunny logo and you are good. http://www.leapingbunny.org/indexcus.php

p.s. some of their products also contain parabens.

Lunacatt13

Re: Benefit cosmetics

(0) Hearts

Ugh I can't believe they are animal testing with so many alternatives. Well they just lost quite a few customers..will be telling my family and friends no more Benefit. What a bummer and a shame, and parabens too...no thanks!

Thanks to all who replied. I will be looking for the bunny/peta logo as I used to. I'm really bummed I spent $ on them, I've got to research more throroughly from now on.

prettyinpa

Here's a link to a post that tiffanybt did about companie...

(0) Hearts
Here's a link to a post that tiffanybt did about companies that test on animals- I always take the list when I go shopping so I can try new products and know that the company isn't testing on animals.

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/Animal-Testing/m-p/142511/highlight/true#M566

Hope this helps!
Lunacatt13

Re: Here's a link to a post that tiffanybt did about companie...

(0) Hearts

Yes thank you for the list, VERY helpful!  I hope others check it out and follow suit. Good to know!

maltipoo66

Hi, I just checked on Benefit's website and this is what...

Hi, I just checked on Benefit's website and this is what is basically says:  They use an "alternate" form of animal testing.  While they don't test their finished products on animals, they test their ingredients on animals, but only in a way that cannot hurt the animal in any way.  I still call that animal testing...let us know if you need any product recommendations.

Lunacatt13

Re: Hi, I just checked on Benefit's website and this is what...

(0) Hearts

I did get the list that was posted, but if you have any other reccomendations I'd love it. I know this is Sephora, but my daughter buys her makeup products at the drugstore as well. I know that Elf doesn't test. Any suggestions of others that could be bought here, or regular stores like Target?

Any info is very much appreciated, thanks!

ChicDabbler

Re: Hi, I just checked on Benefit's website and this is what...

(0) Hearts

@Lunacatt. I know Alba Botanica have the bunny logo and can be brought at Walmart and Target. I love their scrubs. I THINK Yes to Carrot, Burts Bee, and...Avalon Organics? don't test on animals either.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • maltipoo66
    • ChicDabbler
    • Lunacatt13