meagboho

Beginner brush set/a la carte - but decent quality?

Hey guys! I love coming here because everyone is so knowledgable and talented.  When I got a bunch of stuff to jump into make up I got this brush set: s1504919-main-hero.jpg

Sephora, $22.  The bristles were sorta tough on some (liner, it kinda scratched my sensitive eyelids? Is that normal?) and it wasn't the best quality.  I considered keeping them but figured I'd return and invest the $22 in something better. 

I also got s1578129-main-hero.jpg

$65 but had a 20% coupon.  I have been using them and they are great, but it doesn't have the edged liner brush I'm more used to or an angled shadow brush.  I am probably going to get this g_90358.jpgto complete the teddy bear brush collection because I'm INSANE but I was wondering if you guys could recommend some brushes you like that are good quality.  I would do synthetic or natural.  

I bopped around some old threads and most people were asking for cheap beginner brushes. While I'm not looking to hit Rouge getting brushes, I would invest in a good set I'm not going to have to replace. 

Sorry if this was too long! 

TrysBeautyItems

Re: Beginner brush set/a la carte - but decent quality?

(0) Hearts

RT's direct site has all the stores: Target online, Kohl's in store and online, direct from RT etc.

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

They're available at walmart as well. But the weird and ridiculous thing is that the core collection originally comes with 4 brushes and a case. The ones at walmart only have 3 brushes and no case and it's the same price. But the best part is that they sometimes have a free brush included if you by an individual brush. I bought the stippling brush and it came with a fine liner brush. 

ivyxox

Real techniques has some wonderful brush sets. My favourite sets are RT core collection set and RT starter set for eyes. They are about $20 for each set and the quality is great. I know Sephora doesn't carry RT so it probably won't help you hit Rouge. 

If you really want to invest in some high-end brushes, Giorgio Armani and Shu Uemura are great too.

meagboho

(0) Hearts

Thanks! What I meant by the rouge comment was I don't want to spend $600+ on brushes (which would make me hit Rouge), but I would spend more than the $22 brush set I got at first, lol

ivyxox

LOL my bad. Totally misunderstood it :smileytongue: 

Anyways, give RT a try, you won't be disappointed.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 22 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • hydee77
    • marydiva
    • mpas
    • ivyxox
    • Titian06
    • inmm