Yullz

BOSCIA Konjac Cleansing Sponge is amazing

I just bought one today, just tried it out. For some odd reason, it made my face feel cleaner and more refreshed, and moisturizing it. It just feels light and soft. Does anyone like it? What's your verdict?

shaynation

Re: BOSCIA Konjac Cleansing Sponge is amazing

(0) Hearts

does anyone who uses this also use the clarisonic? i am 100% addicted to my clarisonic... but have been lookibg at this.... but somehow always cheap out when it comes to lipstick vs sponge lol 

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

I used this and clarisonic aria.  No comparison - the sponge was soft and fun to use, squishy, holds water which is nice for a good rinse at the end of cleansing... but nothing compared to the cleansing and benefits I've seen from my clarisonic.  The aria leaves me with clearer skin, it feels like a minimassage, smoother skin, better skin tone and more even color, fewer dry spots, less oil.  I love it.

Tayvm

(0) Hearts

@ Nicrohr ... I wonder if there's such a thing as a "dud" for this product.  I just rinse mine with warm water and give it a decent squeeze ... nothing extreme ... and hang it up.  If I use it twice a day, it's already almost dry.  If I don't use it until the next day ... completely dry.  I think I'd take it back and exchange it.  I love mine :smileyhappy:

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

Mine would NOT dry - and I was soo vigilant/careful and tried everything! It got mildewy/smelly after four or five days.

I am really careful about germy products/mold/mildew. We do NOT have a problem with mold or mildew in our bathroom, which is well ventilated and spotless looking.  I do not have a problem with my Clarisonic brushes getting yucky in any way (it dries no problem).

But this Boscia Konjac would not dry - I would rinse thoroughly in HOT water, squeeze it within an inch of it's life, even press it between the folds of a dry fluffy bath towel to press out more water. Nothing worked.

Every day I hung it up by the little cord hoping my ministrations would result in a dry sponge by morning - or at least by the next night!  It never did.  

Finally, I left it for like 3-4 days to dry so I could put in back in the package and return this piece of ****.  It shriveled and got hard and dry eventually.  Still smelled like mold.  :smileysad:

I did LOVE the product - soft, gentle, fun to use, squishy, great for giving my face a quick rinse or once over (you could also use it for more thorough cleansing, though it's not a rough exfoliant, I just didn't because I use my Aria for that).

At first I thought maybe this not getting dry in the middle (INSIDE) problem was in my head, so I gave it the better part of a week. Sure enough, towards the end of the week, the thing smells like mold... It would start to get "crispy" on the outside but it would never dry on the INSIDE of this VERY THICK sponge.

I did try a cheapie konjac after that from another brand -- because it was thinner and cheaper, it does eventually dry out completely (still takes a while).  BUT, it's not nearly as squishy soft and fun to use :smileysad:.  So meh.  

spoiledbrat

(0) Hearts

there is a hack for that...i took a piece of natural cotton twine and threaded it thru the sponge, when wet and near one end to make a loop. I hang them by the loop in the shower. They dry just fine...no mold or other icky eeewws. Do rinse them once a week in a mild bleach and water solution and then just water. No problems. They still look new :smileyhappy:

Tayvm

(0) Hearts

I've had it awhile now and am quite enjoying it.  Just picked up the Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser (100 point perk) last week and have been throwing a squirt of that on the sponge when I use it.  I'm not sure if that's something that Boscia intended, but I don't think my skin has ever felt more clean.

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Ah, I've been curious about that, but the 2 most common complaints are it never dries and it falls apart after a week or two. Have you guys had that problem?

Yullz

(0) Hearts

Well, I have left mine drying overnight. Its been drying for good 12+ hours? I did notice, it didn't go back to being its original hard shape, only on the exterior. Well I will use it for a week or two, see if it falls apart. :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Let me know if it's in worser shape after a few weeks. If it doesn't takek more than 20hrs to dry/grow mold and doesn't fall apart within the month, I might just jump on the bandwagon. =X

ellevee09

I bought this a while back but never used it due to a maj breakout! my face finally is clear and I used it this past Wednesday. Omg! No joke! I really was skeptical when I first got it and it was only because the SA convinced me that it was the bomb. It sure is!! my face felt so clean and smooth. I use it every morning and it makes my face feel so refreshed. Two Thumbs Up! :smileyhappy: 

Yullz

(0) Hearts

Yes! I used it last night and woke up this morning and I swear, my skin just feels amazing. I don't what about it, but its im in love.

spoiledbrat

Love it. Bought it from all the raves on BT. Got 2, one for face and one for bod. Love them. They are amazing and they do not look like much, but they do the job!

Missie772

MAN... I took this off my loves and now I feel like I need to put it back and possibly buy it during F&F!

spoiledbrat

@Missie, you mean your mom will have to buy it for you during F&F :smileytongue:

Missie772

Hahaha... yep. Whenever my mom visits, she buys me stuff that I "cheap" out on. I don't know how I can justify spending $60 for a 3 pan palette from Tom Ford, $43 for a blush from Chanel, $56 for the Guerlain powder... But I can't buy myself a $15 Drybar brush, a $25 Tweezerman tweezers, or this $18 Boscia Sponge! :smileyvery-happy: I just think the more stuff I use the cheaper drugstore version off, the more money I have to spend on high end makeup!

PoesRevy

I really like it. It is not harsh nor abrassive on the skin and works nicely without leaving it over dried (tight) feeling. My sensitive combo skin appreciates this little treasure  :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 12 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • spoiledbrat
    • ChicDabbler
    • ellevee09
    • Missie772
    • Yullz
    • Nicrohr