ireneh

BEST deodorant??!?!

Hey guys!

I was using the Lavanilla deodorant during the winter. While it worked great, it wasn't awesome at sweat control. Now that the summer months are coming up, I find that I have to constantly reapply and it definitely does not last me the whole day.

What is a good deodorant to use during the summer months??

i basically sweat like a faucet so I need something that will last me the whole day! thanks :smileyhappy:

m3rma1d

Re: BEST deodorant??!?!

[ Edited ]

YES YES! It says use at night right after you shower anyways, and who showers at night? Not me, my hair would be a wreck! So I just wash the pits and slather it on after I do my face. YAY!

Heatoyos1

[ Edited ]

That's right! I forgot that the Clinical Strength one is applied at night!

penelopepuffman

for natural ingredients, i LOVE crystal pomegranate roll on. no bad chemicals!

quixotic

I would second penelope's recommendation of the Crystal deodorants.  They're made from mineral salts, which prevent odor by creating an unfriendly environment for the bacteria that causes body odor. The longer you use this deodorant, the more cumulative its effects, to the point you could accidentally miss a day and you still won't experience odor.  Again though, like the Lavanila, the Crystal is just deodorant - not antiperspirant.  Only antiperspirant will stop sweating, but as others have already explained, there is a lot of research indicating this may be unhealthy in the long run, and there are some studies linking the aluminium in antiperspirants to Alzheimer's disease.

Kclr16

Be careful with deodorants that claim to keep you from perspiring. A lot of them have loads of chemicals that can cause cancer in the glands (your armpits are one of the places you can check for sings of breast cancer). I just like my Dove one which has a nice smell. I also drive with my arms up high and the A/C pointed towards my arms lol. 

Marika123

I'm allergic to most deodorants and it took me quite a while to find a good one that provides good sweat control and doesn't have a strong smell.

The best one I've found (and by the best I mean price/quality combination) is Clarins Gentle Care Roll-On Deodorant. It does have a slight smell, but it's not too much for me. Tested during hot California summer :smileyhappy:

melissabt

I know how you feel, I thought it was just me:smileysad: Lately, I've been using unscented deodorants and love them! I feel like they do not compete with the fragrance that I'm wearing.

<3 Melissa
FireSpinner

(0) Hearts

old spice or axe is what i use :smileyhappy:

lamper4life

I am the sweatiest person I have ever known and I swear by this stuff: upload_8353481138444312892.jpg

It's inexpensive, and it does the job! I've even noticed that it works after going in the pool!

m3rma1d

(0) Hearts

That didn't keep up with me. :'(

Heatoyos1

[ Edited ]

I recommend Degree anti-perspirant, too! I recommend the Motion Sense variety, in either the Active Clean or Fresh Energy scent. It is the only one that I've found that works for me. I get pretty sweaty, too. :smileysad:

I've never tried Degree Clinical Strength anti-perspirant, but that might be good to try. 

And I'm afraid that anti-perspirant might cause cancer, especially since my family is prone to breast cancer, but it's the only thing that works for me. 

lamper4life

The Degree Clinical Strength is great! I've found that the one above works well enough for me that I don't need the clinical strength, but if I know that I'm going to be extra active on a given day, I use it. The first two times it seemed to give me a rash, but I tried it a third and it has been fine since then lol

tracygirl64

I've noticed with the Lavanila deodorants that each scent performs differently on me. For example, the vanilla coconut and vanilla summer do work well on me, as long as I put it on at night and in the morning.Vanilla passion fruit doesn't work on me at all, I become stinky within a couple of hours...and it gives me a rash. Vanilla grapefruit isn't consistent, either. It will last one day, and then on another it will perform like the passion fruit one on me. I have not tried the Lavender or Lemon yet. I haven't been able to find a deodorant that helps with sweat control, only antiperspirant. I always go with Secret invisible solid on days that I know I will be outside and sweating/moving around a lot, it works really well on me. I just hate that it does have aluminum in it and parabens, which is why I use Lavanila pretty much all the time, with the exception of seldom days where I know I have a long sweaty day ahead of me. lol.

ireneh

(0) Hearts

Omg the same thing happened to me! I was stinky immediately once I started sweating with the vanilla passion fruit!!! It was the worst thing ever! I couldn't find my Lavender one for a few days so I just smelled terrible :smileysad: I had to keep reapplying and it would come right off once I started sweating. Lavender works better on me, but still not as well as I would like

mrsbaine

[ Edited ]

I tried the Lavanilla and was very disappointed with it. I can only use it at night- then reapply a real deodorant in the AM. I use Dove. It's not paraben free, but it certainly controls odor and it doesn't have a strong smell. It also helps with the skin tone under your arms, which I love. 

BuxomBabe80

(0) Hearts

Lavanilla didn't do bupkis for me. It was a huge disappointment. 

jojobe

The thing is that deodorant is not designed to fight wetness just odor. Our bodies were designed to sweat. Your body needs to sweat to clear out toxins. By not perspiring your run the risk of the toxins building up and increasing your chances of breast cancer. I use a colloidal silver deodorant from amazon. I still sweat but it really works well. The silver destroys bacteria which is what causes the odor.  

eadelaide1

[ Edited ]

I've been a sweaty beast this spring and summer due to a medication I'm taking and have found only one deoderant that I keep going back to. I've been using Secret Clinical Sensitive Skin(an anti-perspirant & deoderant) and have great luck with it! This is also the first deoderant that doesn't cause me to get razor rash when I apply it after shaving. A winner for me, but definitely more "hard-core" than Lavanilla, which I don't think contains anti-perspirant.

AmyRai

[ Edited ]

If you're looking for something "healthy" like LaVanilla (paraben and aluminum-free), I've tried most of them and Trader Joe's has been the best. It is unscented.

aviscardi

Ok, i use mens deo. just saying lol. Mitchum, I used the womens ver but i feel like the mens works better. I also prefer it to be unscented. the solid ver i find works best but if sometimes in the summer il use the clear one

dianabt

I do the same LOL- I can't stand perfumey/flowery/chai scented deodorant haha. I like a men's one thats in a green container, I think it's degree? I tend to always feel overly sweaty too and recently bought a secret clinical-stress sweat which so far seems to be great. This is day 2, I'll update at the end of the day haha.

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 44 replies
  • 51 hearts
  • 26 in conversation
    • eadelaide1
    • killahbabe
    • quixotic
    • jojobe
    • aviscardi