sangova

Are you planning to start any new skin care product in March?

I'm finally finishing a couple of full size items ( a cleanser and a serum), and I thought it's time to open new stuff. I'm planning to start March 1st. It also happened that I have all necessary items like cleanser, serum, moisturizer, eye cream from one brand - Ole Henriksen. 

Anyone else is opening a new tube next month? If yes, what product and what line? :smileyhappy:

Let's share :smileyhappy:

mlmac

Re: Are you planning to start any new skin care product in March?

(0) Hearts

No.  Nothing new.  Boscia cleansing oil to remove makeup, kate somerville true lash to remove eye makeup, perricone cleanser, bite agave lip mask, perricone blue plasma, perricone cold plasma for face and cold plasma for eyes, and a combination of masks- glamglow, raw manuka honey and lush's cupcake.... i've found what works for me and you'll have to pry it out of my cold dead hands! no need to switch!

1SultrySCENTNut

(0) Hearts

I will most likley be adding some new lip tars to my make up  rotation starting in March :smileywink:

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I don't quite understand the starting at a particular time thing.... I'm terrible & usually start using something right when I buy them & then I have an ever growing stash of 1/2 used items :smileytongue: 

Just one tip, only introduce one new item at a time, and wait a week or two before you start another new item in case you get a reaction or break out from something. 

AllyKatVA

I plan to order the DDG Alpha Beta peel pads. I am also on the verge of finishing a serum, so I will be switching the bottle I was using at night to day, and using another serum at night. (This is not as complicated as it sounds.) Starting as soon as I hit empty (which could be tomorrow, the bottle is pretty light!), L'Occitane Brightening Serum for day, Divine Serum at night. Here's to getting my face clear of acne, redness, spots, etc.!

I am also likely to open my new bottle of Brightening Shield this week. I can still shake some out of my current one, but less and less is coming out. 

I must admit, I feel a bit gleeful whenever I start a new anything, even if it is identical to what I was using before. I even love starting a new butter tub - I get to scoop out the middle drizzle! :smileywink:

sangova

Haha I love opening new items too :smileyhappy: I just finished my serum today, but I don't want to start OH line until March. So I'm using my sample in between. I find it funny )))

I'd love to hear about DDG peel pads. Have you tried them before? I'm finishing my Exfolikate and I already bought Origins peel pads. I've never tried them before though

NurseCupcake

I just ordered a first aid beauty set. It has the cleanser, exfoliating pads, and ultra repair cream. I'm looking to streamline and simplify my routine. I had TONS and TONS of samples that I have been pouring over and going through and I got the two Sephoras Favorites skin care kits and have been going through those as well and I think there is just too much going on with my skin care. I'm not breaking out or anything super bad, but I just can't tell a difference anymore. 

So, I'm hoping to simplify and stick to one set for the month of march and just see what it does for me instead of all the jumping around. 

AlwaysGlamorous

For the past few months, my skin has just been going crazy with cystic breakouts. I thought, at first, that I was just having a "bad skin month" but then it turned into two "bad skin months" and now I'm on my fourth. These cystic breakouts have been killing my self-esteem and my friends have intervened more than once to give me the whole "you're more than just a pretty face" pep talk. They're definitely right (sure, people tend to notice my looks but it's my wit, humor and general awesomeness that keep them around) but I'm still so frustrated with everything and I've been finding myself avoiding social situations because of my skin. That sucks. So, I finally decided that it was time to go back on antibiotics, get a higher % of retin-A and research some alternatives to accutane (which my derm is pushing and I am refusing). About five years ago, I was on antibiotics for my skin and they helped tremendously; I'm hoping to have the same results this go around. I plan on giving the antibiotics some time and come fall, will look into laser therapy. :smileysad: I'm just ready for my glam self to get back on track!

sangova

I'm so sorry your skin and you are going through this time! Yes, what inside is way more important than what's outside, and we all know and value that!!! But I feel your pain, it's always nice to have clear and beautiful skin, considering how our society pushes us, women, to all these "beauty standards". (I often get into arguments with my friends about stupid rules men created for women, like shaving legs and stuff, why don't you shave your legs too?). 

I really hope you'll fight these breakouts!!! 

annec322

Lol my husband actually does shave his legs.  He says it's more comfortable that way.  I've known other men that have as well-I think they all should (and I don't care if people think that's weird). :smileywink:

AlwaysGlamorous

I love this. And I totally understand his reasoning!! In the winter I let the "fur" grow in on my legs a little bit more than I usually do and it IS strangely uncomfortable! 

sangova

That's what I'm talking about! I hate this "macho" way of thinking. If he likes shaving his legs, he should! and not being judged by his male-friends. If a woman doesn't like shaving/waxing her legs, she shouldn't, and also without being judged by her female friends and men. 

Lol when I offered my boyfriend to wax his legs just to experience what all women go through, his respond was "over my dead body" :smileyvery-happy:

AlwaysGlamorous

[ Edited ]

"how our society pushes us, women, to all these "beauty standards" " 

PREACH! I have to be beautiful but not vain, intelligent but not arrogant, sexy but not slutty, in shape but not overly so and do all that while making it look easy. Can't let it show how hard you work to maintain the inside and the outside-- that wouldn't be "attractive". 

rachallen

I am thinking about splurging on the Dr. Dennis Gross Peels. I had a sample of 3 and my face looked so much healthier after I used them. I liked that I saw immediate  results. A lot of the samples I get are hard to  tell after only one use, but I could tell with these.

AlwaysGlamorous

DO IT! You will not regret it! I only recently starting using them again and I was like..."AlwaysGlam?!? WHY did you stop with these?!" 

sangova

I know! I usually try to collect at least 2-3 samples before trying anything. Otherwise it's really hard to tell. On the splurging note - I'd say invest in it if you  like the product! It is expensive, but from my experience all these pricey products last for a very long time. I have Exfolikate peel, and I bought the small size of it, and it does last me for several months. I put a very thin layer of it on my face and I don't use it more that 2x a week. 

poemelyric

I', starting a whole new regime on March 1st.  I've been using Murad for the last few years but my acne has cleared up and I want to try something new.  I'm going with Skyn Iceland (everything, cleanser, toner, facial masks, moisturizer... the whole line) because Sephora carried it once and sent me a free sample that I loved but never really persued.  I'm hoping it works, LOL

annec322

On beauty.com they are offering a free 30ct face wipes with any Skyn Iceland purchase right now.  I am going to try out the face spray :smileyhappy:

poemelyric

(0) Hearts

I actually bought the face spray too... can't wait to use it.  I didn't even know that beauty.com carried them!  I should have waited and bought through them, 
LOL!

sangova

(0) Hearts

I thought you're starting Clarins :smileyhappy: I guess we can never have too many beauty products :smileyvery-happy:

sangova

I hope it will do a good job for your skin! I've never heard about this brand though. Will go check it out :smileyhappy: 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 41 replies
  • 49 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • poemelyric
    • mlmac
    • sangova
    • AlwaysGlamorous
    • sourpanda