kimchikween

Are you a NYX brand fan?

[ Edited ]

Just saw these palettes on Nordstrom's site - whoaswfupload_7667481455665274148.jpgswfupload_3761737012213877434.jpg

Candy357

Re: Are you a NYX brand fan?

(0) Hearts

Yeah I find this odd too. I only have seen it at Target.

I like them, they are a good cheap brand!

girlystuff63

(0) Hearts

I am so shocked that Nordstroms carries NYX ( I just checked and they do) that I sent them an email asking them why.  i am new to this board and really enjoy reading everyones makeup adventures.  

PoisonLipgloss

(0) Hearts

NYX has some good dupes or definately something to consider down the road as a cheap backup.
NARS Orgasm/NYX Pinched
MAC shimmertime/NYX Sky Pink
MAC Candy Yum-Yum/NYX Black Label Hot Pink
I also bought some of their 3-4$ round lipsticks the NYX color range can definitely be fun to experiment with before buying higher end

EmmeXOXO

Nyx has some really great products in their lineup, but Nordstrom's? That's a weird pairing. Around here Nyx is carried by Rite Aid, so I don't know why a high-end retailer would decide to stock it. 

prosopon

(0) Hearts

Speaking of NYX, I just found a display at a Target in my area; they had never carried it before. I don't know if they are expanding their retail locations or what.

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

I also found one in my store, which replaced Milani. & I am okay with that!

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

I jk now that NYX products have just recently started being sold at Target. It's probably just so that their products are being distributed  at a larger retailer, but for me, I don't have an Ulta in my area so this is the first time that I have been able to use NYX products

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

*not jk, I meant know (stupid autocorrect tablet)

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

For those of you who do like NYX, Hautelook has a bunch of little sets of NYX products today.

mberteig

(0) Hearts

I love the Nyx eyebrow powder palette.  I'm a redhead and they have a auburn eyebrow palette that is perfect for my brows!  This is one product I will never be without.

I also really like their glam aqua luxe lipstick, chubby eye pencils and concealer.

AznAngelLiz

(0) Hearts

I love their round lipsticks and their blushes but don't really like the eyeshadow pencils. I haven't tried any other products in their line but my overall experience with them is positive.

clarks18

(0) Hearts

I love their white shadow base that comes in a pot.  Their HD concealer wands are great.  Their shadows are pretty decent.  My favorite shadow by them is 002 White ha.  Those are my favorite products from them.  I didn't care for their little pearl pigments.  They are super in cute in the little bottle but they have no pigmentation at all.  I do love NYX pricing!!

nebel

(0) Hearts

I like their blushes. I also think their concealer and eye primer are pretty good.  They are also cruelty free.  The shadows are not my favorite.

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts

I found out about NYX after watching Olivi ause it on Jerseylicious.  I went to Ulta bc they carry it.  I have a few things they sell but I generally dont buy cheap shadows anymore, but the eyeliners are good as my seconds in my purse, and I have a few glosses and a cream blush.  Its ok, not expensive so you dont feel like its a total loss...but Im sure the other drugstore brands like Loreal are better...at least to me.  Ult almost always has it BOGO half off.

bmpnyc

(0) Hearts

I haven't tried their eye products, but am a HUGE fan of their HD Concealer! Just as good if not better than the elite brands I used to use, for a tiny fraction of the price :smileyhappy:

melissabt

(0) Hearts

I agree, some of the products they do well. The lipstick (some shades) are awesome and the lip liners are nice. The shadows sometimes lack pigment and feel a bit dry. I think it all depends on the shade too.

<3 Melissa
FireSpinner

(0) Hearts

I do need to add though, that the eyeshadow on that huge palette are not very pigmented, tried doing a look with one of the purple eyeshadows a couple days ago and i had try to go over my eye lids repeatedly to try and get the colour payoff that i was looking for. It's a fun palette unless you're actually trying to achieve something with it :smileysad:

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

The only NYX product I have owned was a lipstick. It was terrible. It feathered like crazy and just got everywhere. The color was only okay and it wouldn't stay still. I haven't even thought about buying anything else from NYX after that disaster.

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Yea - I haven't liked enough of it to warrant a huge palette like these.  It is weird that Nordstrom carries it.

janinebt

I'm a fan of some of their things. I feel like there are certainly some hits and some misses, but overall they're a good brand. My favorites are their lipliners, glosses, and their blushes :smileyhappy:.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 20 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • prosopon
    • melissabt