melissa93

Anyone doing this too? :)

I wanted to know if anyone else was restraining themselves as much as I am for August 12-18 to rack up some extra points. If so, what are you planning on getting? I'm thinking the new KVD powder foundation, a couple of lipsticks, mascara, eye liner, a lot of skin care stuff, maybe a clarisonic, and a perfume. I hope I'm not alone on waiting! 

annekevdb

Re: Anyone doing this too? :)

(0) Hearts

I'm waiting. I"ve been on a no-buy for a while now... Today I am here just adding to my wish list.  I should make rouge and then get 4x points on anything else I order during that week.

DST57

(0) Hearts

I'm waiting til the week of the 12th to buy a new night time moisturizer (either Dermadoctor Cool, Calm and Corrected or Nude Cellular Renewal), the Clinique Take the Day Off balm, a couple of new brushes, (hopefully) some of the UD 24/7 eyeliners if they are still on the sale page, and several fragrances for me and my husband.  I may wait on the fragrances as they will be Christmas gifts, and I don't know if I'd rather have the points or the 20% off most of us are hoping comes in the fall.

nebel

(0) Hearts

I am waiting as well, but I'm going to go NUTS with Marc Jacobs on the 12th!

melissa93

(0) Hearts

I saw the swatches by allurabeauty and oh my! They look so lovely! But the price tags...aren't so lovely! Ha

veevali

(0) Hearts

Yeah I saw those swatches too and the packaging looks so lovely. I wanna wait until I can feel it in my hands since its so pricey but I really want a couple things from the collection!

MarB87

(0) Hearts

I'm waiting, but geez! It’s super hard!!! Especially now that I know the promotion starts August 12th and not the 1st =( ;( I'm holding out for the Too Faced Boudoir eye shadow pallete, Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes Statement mascara, more Hourglass Veil Primer, lipstick, and perfume.

melissa93

(0) Hearts

It is super hard! Especially since tarte is having their sale as well and I want to get a blush! Ahh!

ghkim

(0) Hearts

I'm doing this. Not sure why because I don't love the 100/500 rewards and there's no chance I will be close to 5k/10k. I keep debating whether to wait for the 4x points on Aug 12 or buy things on sale, either at Sephora or at other places (ie Tarte's friends and family sale online). 

drrragon

(0) Hearts

Definitely waiting for the 3x points, but it'll be really hard!  I have my eye on some items in the sale section and I'm terrified they'll go out of stock by then!

veevali

Sometimes with sale items and I'm waiting for some reason I tell myself if its not there later, then it was just not meant to be mine. This is of course assuming I feel I can wait/am debating the item to begin with.

I haven't made a sephora purchase all month and am waiting for the 12th now too :smileyhappy:

DST57

(0) Hearts

Argh, me too! I've been waiting on several of the UD 24/7 eyeliners and I keep checking every day to see if they're out of stock yet...just holding on til the 12th!

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

I am restraining myself, but hopefully until the end of nxt yr so I can replenish everything at once and qualify for rouge. I have too much stuff and not enough money to spare for rouge this yr, lol. Having said that, I'm sure I'll be placing a couple order during the fall 20% off and $$ off for holiday kits.

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

I'm not actively doing this... except I am lol I'm just trying to spend less, I say that now but come the 12th... lol

kd006

(0) Hearts

I am waiting for the 12th and I am going to make 2 purchases- 1 to get to VIB rouge status ($183 away) and another to get my welcome bag!

LKuhle

(0) Hearts

I just returned a bunch of things that didn't work out for me so I'm really tempted to respend that money I got back, but I'm holding out for extra points... there's so much I want to buy! I want some more Urban Decay lipsticks (already got Fiend and Catfight and LOVE them) and maybe a YSL lipstick. I also really want the Hourglass Ambient Powder... and one of the Korres Sleeping Facials are calling my name.

ItsInTents

(0) Hearts

I am purposefully holding out until August to 12-18 to make my purchases. I am planning to buy some false lashes, Buxom lip gloss, some primer I haven't tried before, Wen shampoo, Dior mascara, eyelash curler, and YSL or Givenchy lipstick :smileyhappy:

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I caved and bought the UD lipsticks-2 and 1 lip liner, and then the fresh rose foam cleanser. im holding out for the LP shampoos, and another lipliner and lipstick. I really want the stila in the know palette and the kat von d lady bird but i might hold off til the next vib event or something.

mafan

I am. I've really been pretty good in July and I would like to make it until the 12th. I know I need morer brush cleanser sometime soon. I want Clinique's Take the Day Off Balm. I will probably get the Ariel nail polish set. I'm not sure what else yet. 

I am taking my mom for a makeover on Sunday, so it's possible purchases will be made. Ideally I/we will get samples to try for a week and then order what we decide we (especially she) likes after that. Especially if I'm the one doing the buying. :smileyhappy:

mxcx

(0) Hearts

YES Clinique's Take the Day Off!

veevali

(0) Hearts

Is the balm better than the liquid? Or just preference? Now I kinda wanna try it...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 22 in conversation
    • melissa93
    • wendyomgwar
    • aviscardi
    • drrragon
    • ChicDabbler
    • mafan