gongju87

Any "Moonies" here???

I know I'm 26, and probably wayyyy to old to be watching anime...but I was raised on Sailor Moon!!!! 

So I can't help but let my inner nerd out and exclaim how EXCITED I am for the 2014 re-master! 

Preview on Friday and streaming worldwide starts in July! 

SM.jpg

Any other Moonies on BT?!!! 

mdelrosario91

Re: Any "Moonies" here???

I used to play with Sailor Moon paper dolls all the time! They were so much fun! :smileyhappy:

CuriousCannibal

(0) Hearts

How did I NOT know about this??

I grew up on it too, and it has been my favorite anime since. Oh gosh i'm flipping out now *takes deep breaths*

malday

This show was my favorite as a kid. 

Anyway here's something really cool I saw the other day:

image.jpg 

Lesurion

(0) Hearts

I loved this show. I still watch anime, but some of the more heavy stuff like Attack on Titan, etc. Thanks for the update. I had no idea that there was a remake coming up. This calls for a girls night!

sp2001

(0) Hearts

I have such fond memories of this show, but when I tried watching it again recently it gave me a headache. All the screaming. I guess that means I'm too old now :smileysad:

dianabt

I think I'm older than all of you and I'm still excited LOL.  

My friend is having a super hero theme event/party and while everyone is planning what to dress as.. I'm so ready to find a sailor anyone costume. I'm learning towards sailor mars haha :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
MikuNerd65

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hey, I'm 23 and still watch anime from time to time...even read a manga just a couple days ago called Arisa. That is so exciting I haven't been to a theater where they showed anime films only for a couple of days. I would always know when a movie was coming out thanks to my brother who had SHONEN JUMP but now I hardly know whats coming...

FireSpinner

(0) Hearts

<3 Love manga and anime. I know a little bit of Japanese just from watching animes (not the english dubbed ones!) with english subtitles. I'm also 26 :smileytongue:

gongju87

(0) Hearts

@ittyxbittyxme, don't be afraid! The manga series is amazing...think of the anime version and increase it's awesomeness by 10 million! I am positive you will love <3

IttyxBittyxMe

(0) Hearts

Oh it's not that I'm worried about, I have all of the mangas. It's the art. I'm big into art and art styles. Something can have a great plot, but crap art and I won't give it the time of day. 

gongju87

(0) Hearts

@Panda168...I will admit that in the last year I purchased the entire series on DVD, lol both the Uncut Japanese version and english...yikessssss

Panda168

I still have all my sailor moon episodes on VHS! I miss Sailor Moon!!!!!! This is definitely exciting!

gongju87

Yeap I head the same thing @kevinbt!

Its a remake that will follow the manga series more....rumor is Darien will be in HS vs college, etc.

I always adored the manga more than the anime...the manga is darker and more artistic in my opinion.

I also heard the animation will mimic the manga art...so flowy and airy hair and skirts...hopefully they can do Naoko Takeuchi justice...her artwork literally takes my breath away

IttyxBittyxMe

That's what I was worried about. I've been growing up with one art style for the past 15 years, or well two I guess, so I'm a bit nervous I won't like the new one. 

BrennaBombshell

Whaaaat!!! I didn't know this was getting redone? Is it a remake or just like...fixing the colors and re-releasing it? I'm 26 in three weeks, so I'm right at your age, and totally grew up on this stuff. And @Urbie! That's awesome!

kevinbt

It's a complete remake! I even read somewhere that the characters might be different ages? I guess it's going to follow the manga more.  It makes me want to read it again! lol 

tehprincessjenn

Thank God, the original anime was just filler, filler, more filler. Manga was nice, even PGSM (live action) followed the manga better. 

Note: I share the same birthday as Sailor Saturn/Hotaru

BrennaBombshell

ohmigosh! That would be amazing! I dressed up as Sailor Mercury when I was a kid, but sadly, I don't have any photos in my possession of it. ^_^ I'm super excited now!

Makeupinfinity

Sailor Moon used to be on TV weekdays at 4pm.  I would get off at 3:30pm from High School and run/power-walk as fast as I could home. There was this guy in my school who used the same route as me. One day he asked me why I was in such a rush to get home, "Are you going home to watch Sailor Moon or something?". Of course I DENIED it. But thinking back...perhaps he was a fellow nerd just like me. Was he also rushing home to catch an episode? :smileyhappy:

Anyway, my favourite character was Rini. Such a cute girl.

Of course Darien was hot, not as Tuxedo Mask, but just as himself.

gongju87

I am SO surprised and SO happy to see we have a bunch of Moonies on BT!!!! Just another thing to share!

BTW..

@Urbie I can't respond direct (no chrome on this comp) but that picture is amazing! Saturn with the hair???? I've always been especially fond of Pluto and Neptune <3

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 43 replies
  • 73 hearts
  • 28 in conversation
    • tehprincessjenn
    • malday
    • misscg
    • wendyomgwar
    • dianabt
    • dollface131313