Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

All things K-Beauty!!

For those who don't know what this is, it stands for Korean Beauty!

Honestly, I'm surprised I don't see even more stuff posted about K-Beauty as it seems to be taking over right now.  I hear nothing but good things about their skincare, makeup, etc!

I recently got the Amorepacific cream as a 100 point perk and am really liking it for daytime moisture (although I think it may be better in the summer as I still feel a tad dry), and I hear good things about the Chosungah22 products which Sephora carries!

I also recently made a giant order through a Korean retailer called Jolse, can't wait to get my stuff!

Do you guys love K-Beauty? Do you have any reviews of stuff you've tried? I'm hoping to get this moving and that people will post in here regularly about skincare and cosmetics from Korea!

Re: All things K-Beauty!!

Great thread idea! 

I highly recommend the seller JOLSE on Amazon. I ordered two sets of Tony Moly masks from this vendor and it all arrived in a speedy manner and perfect condition. The BEST thing was that the seller included a handful of samples! Everything from Pokemon hand lotions, essence, and a pack of blotting sheets. I was exceptionally pleased 🙂 

@m26430 Yes! I have ordered from their actual website (jolse dot com) a couple times now and shipping is super fast with DHL.  The amount of samples and freebies they give is awesome! Plus they package all the stuff super well.  They take great care when sending stuff overseas!

I am definitely going to check them out; thanks!

Ahh I was wondering if they were a standalone store. That's great to know! And I'm happy you had such a pleasant experience too 🙂

I am loving Sulwhasoo, COSRX, and Benton. It's been 2 months since I switched from Western beauty brands to Asian beauty brands and I really love the change I made to my routine. 

Cool! I'm starting to get into K-beauty too. It's a little overwhelming with all the products out there. Some are fun and gimmicky but there are some gems out there. My fav brand so far is probably CosRx. Their acne patches are great. 

I've got a few Missha things and sheet masks from various brands in my stash to try. 

Looking forward to the discussion!

I have a little collection of CosRx products - my favorite is the 96 Snail. The Missha FTE is so light and soothing, and apparently supposed to be a dupe for SK-II. 

Right now I'm waiting on the Miss Flower & Mr. Honey serum to make its way from Korea, I'm excited to try that. 

@fairlywell where did you order it? I'm curious to try it out. Thanks 🙂

@YoiFran Amazon, but it's been a month. So not for the impatient!

Im so happy to see this is still alive and strong after I went MIA for a couple weeks!

I received a few orders to replace my skincare which wasn't working for me and wow, honestly my skin has done a 180 and has been clear and so happy!

I have been using a mix of Sulwhasoo products (cleanser, serum, toner and a couple moisturizers) plus some stuff from tosowoong and cosrx!

Also my Jolse orders contained sooooo many samples and freebies! Theyre amazing!

@sabrinas I've only tried one product from Cosrx that I'm not too sure how I feel about, BUT I really want to try products from their acne line.I watch a Youtuber that pretty much swears by all of their products hahaha

XOXO,
Marieke

Oh, I'm so glad you made this thread. I've been using mostly K- /J- Beauty products for a while now! I'll make a list of mini reviews in the future 😛

For now, here is a list of things I regularly use:

Skincare:

Neogen Green Tea Real Fresh Foaming Cleanser

Son & Park Beauty Water

Cosrx Natural BHA Skin Returning A-Sol

Missha First Treatment Essence

Neogen Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling - Lemon

Missha Soft Finish Sun Milk

Aritaum Ginger Sugar Lip Scrub

Missha MISA Cho Bo Yang Eye Cream

My makeup includes various Missha, Tony Moly, Too Cool for School, Aritaum and Son & Park products.

ETA: Fun fact! Missha M was the first BB cream I ever tried!

Also, I recently placed an order with Moonshot cosmetics (owned by YG Entertainment) so I'll have more makeup goodies to talk about later

@malday is the Missha Soft Finish Sun Milk a sunscreen? If so does it have that "sunscreen" smell? Also does it absorb well? Suncreen always feels like it's just sitting on my skin.

Hey! Okay so all the Sun Milks are sunscreens. It has more of a floral scent and absorbs well because of its thinner texture.

@malday how do you like the missha sun milk? It's on my list of sunscreens to try now that Biore has reformulated. 

Hey! Sorry about the late response, I had a long weekend lol. I really like the two Sun Milks I listed because they have purely mineral sunscreens in them. I like the thinner texture, it reminds me of my HG Clarins sunscreen that got reformulated. Plus these don't make me break out!

@fairlywell  I know you werent asking me about the sun milk, but I also used it from Missha, and I loved it.  I use it for my face and neck, and decollete area and its so creamy and doesnt smell too strong.  At first its wierd bc I never used a milk type SPF before but u just need to shake it up well, and its a dream for me.  One of my favs and Ive repurchased.  Its a little runny but I got used to it.

@makeupobesessed Thank you!

@malday I'd love to hear more on your routine and the mini-reviews when you have time. 

I haven't tried much but I enjoyed the various sheet masks and pore masks that I have sampled thus far. I just used a Tony Moly sheet mask matter of fact. 

Where do you usually get your products? I know Sephora, Nordstrom and Ulta et al have some K-beauty. I used to pick up some Face Shop stuff at H-Mart/Daiso/Mitsuwa and I purchased from Memebox, but I was wondering if there were other online shops you frequent. 

I get most of my products from Soko Glam or RoseRoseShop (a discounted Korean beauty outlet essentially) or direct from the retailer (Missha's own website, etc.). Peach and Lily and YesStyle also carry some items. I also happen to live in a town that has plenty of Asian beauty stores around. Sometimes I'll buy stuff on Amazon too but not often.

@malday what do you think of the Son & Park Beauty Water? I've read that it's like a 10 in 1 product, but I haven't had the chance to try it yet. I was so excited when I saw we started carrying it though!

XOXO,
Marieke
1 Reply
testing