IsabellaBeauty

A nude lip that doesn't make me look like a corpse?

I've tried everything guys! Do you have a favorite nude lipstick/gloss? I don't mind if it's pinky or brownish toned, I'm just looking for a warm one. I have light skin, warm brown hair and eyes. 

LadyDragonfire

Re: A nude lip that doesn't make me look like a corpse?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Actually, if you want to be color matched to a really good, flattering "nude" or natural looking lip color that is perfect for your individual coloring I highly recommend visiting a Bobbi Brown counter (if its possible for you.) I was color matched at Bobbi Brown (to their Creamy lip color in Nectar and one of their nude eyeshadow palettes.) and I am extremely happy with the colors! Their sales associates/makeup artists are specially trained to match you to your perfect colors (from their line of makeup only though of course, but they have a pretty big range.) I know a number of other people too who swear that they got some of the most flattering makeup ever (for their own coloring) from Bobbi Brown. The only thing is that at some Bobbi Brown locations (like one of the locations nearest me) they will only offer the color matching service if you make a purchase (at the location I went to they said I had to buy three things.) I loved all the makeup I was matched to so I agreed and just bought that. Apparently, other locations will offer the service for free though. Still, they have fantastic makeup so personally I think its worth it, and you will probably find a nude lip that you finally love. :smileyhappy:  FYI: The only real reason I'm recommending Bobbi Brown and not Sephora is because the Bobbi Brown makeup artists all offer the color matching service, whereas not all Sephora locations do. (I was actually told by one Sephora associate in person at the store nearest me that she did not do "color matching" like the Bobbi Brown associates do.) However, you may be able to find a Sephora associate who could help you too if she has a lot of experience in this area. Also, my experience with Bobbi Brown has been great and I love their products. They're very good quality. Also, once you get color matched you can purchase Bobbi Brown products from Sephora too. :smileyhappy:

katie1724

[ Edited ]

I find nudes with pink in them to be much more wearable than straight nudes (or peach based ones). NARS Cruising is lovely (I second sephoramusthave) -- it's honestly one of the only two lipsticks of which I have gone through multiple tubes (3+).

If you prefer a classic nude, NARS Belle de Jour is also pretty -- it's definitely nude, but it's  pretty sheer, so the color is easy to work with (meaning it doesn't look like concealer, and it shouldn't wash you out).

rosefilou

[ Edited ]

Hi IsabellaBeauty!

I might have some suggestions as I myself have light skin and brown hair/eyes. Each company carries its version of a nude and there are sooo many good ones to try, it all depends on what consistency and opacity you’re looking for. I'll try to give you some suggestions as to which ones I have with various glosses and lipsticks. I tend to lean more on the pinks than the browns for a more youthful, healthier colour however; I found the Korres Cherry Oil lipgloss in Nude 33 is a gorgeous brownish toned nude that looks very polished on.

• Korres 11 Light Pink is also a personal fave but is definitely a milky pale nude pink with not much colour.
  • MUFE offers some great nudes in Rouge Artist Intense: 24 is a beautiful mauve, many colours to choose from so it's something you really have to try on your skin and see what you like best. I find they have a lot of nudes that lean on the too-pale side however.
  • Lorac makes some beautiful nudes, I have Nude Scene but there’s some other nice shades there.
  • Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 02 is one of the best nude glosses I have, which is a peach pink nude.
  • YSL Rouge Volupte in 13 Peach Passion has a lot of colour and opacity, not exactly a nude but definitely my go-to for a simple cat-eye/pink pout look.
  • YSL Rouge Pur Couture in 24 Blond Ingenu is another winner.
  • Stila Long Wear lip colour in Adorable is a nice, matte orange-nude.
  • Urban Decay used to make some nice nudes, but they got discontinued. I have a Lip Junkie lipgloss in crush which is awesome for bright colour and nice minty texture, but I saw some nude winners there with Naked 2, Wallflower, and Streak. Remember to look in the box of the new ones as opposed to the testers because they change colour once being “oxidized” or perhaps being under the halogen lights all day. Goes with all makeup i.e. MUFE eyeshadows!
  • Sephora Collection Rouge Shine makes some really nice nudes: my favourite and most true nude is 3, on the cool pink side is 5, and right in the middle is a natural medium neutral brown-pink at number 4.
  • Buxom carries beautiful glosses, I’m really liking BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie glosses, Trailblazer caught my eye but there are a few other mauves and babydoll pinks.
  • Too Faced also has a nice line of balmy stick style nudes, as does Benefit too. I’ve yet to buy them as I’m trying to work on finishing what I have! But who knows, that might just be my next purchase. It’s definitely worth a look. I hope this helps!

bananachoox3

How about Nars Bella de Jour in lipstick or their Velvet Matte Lip Pencil? Its more of a peachy nude. Or Makeup Forever Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick in 22 or 23? Smashbox Be Legandary lipstick in Honey and/or Chai. Honey is a rosy nude and Chai is a caramel nude which wont make you look washed out. 

melissa93

I really like Bobbi Brown's lip products. My personal favorite is the Creamy Lip Color in Italian Rose. It's the closet shade to my actual lip color and if it was more matte then it would look like I had nothing on. It's not exactly nude but it looks like there is nothing there and last a long time as well. She has a lot of different shades. Also try her Lip Color lipsticks (pictured in Sandwash Pink). Hope this helped a little! lipcolor.jpg

sephoramusthave

I really love NARS Lipstick in Cruising, NARS Lip Laquer in Chelsea Girls, and Too Faced Lipstick in Naked Dolly. All three are pinky-nudes, and look gorgeous with everything! I'm super picky with nude colors because a lot of them leave me looking washed out as well, and I've noticed that the ones with a pink hue work the best for fair to light skin.

IsabellaBeauty

(0) Hearts

Oh my godddd, thank you so much! One thing I hate about a lot of nudes is because they are the color of your skin, and make you look soo sick and gross! I'll have to look up some swatches of these! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • melissa93
    • sephoramusthave
    • rosefilou
    • IsabellaBeauty
    • bananachoox3