11 (Not "10") Things We All Need to Know...[ Edited ]
There are 2 people that I've come to really respect their knowledge of skin care and makeup: Lisa Eldridge and Caroline Hirons. Lisa is exceptional at knowing how to make makeup wear and look better, while Caroline is equally brilliant at understanding the skin and what ingredients it does and does not need--and she is blunt, straight-forward, and speaks from knowledge, not theory.
To follow are Caroline's "Things I Say Over and Over Again". I know a lot of my questions have been answered by her blog--especially her "Cheat Sheets", so I'd thought I'd share with y'all in case it helps even just 1 person. Enjoy!
1. You are obsessed with your pores. They do not open and close like doors. You say they are HUGE - then send me a picture and I can SEE NOTHING. We CANNOT see your pores. The only person that can see your pores close-up is your opthamologist - or your boyfriend. Your opthamologist is looking at your eyes. Not your pores. And if your boyfriend is thisclosetoyou and notices your pores? He's gay. Or not attracted to you. Or at best, rude. Rethink the entire relationship.
2. You overuse the Clarisonic. A lot of you. A LOT of you. You can use it - you're just not meant to use it every time you brush your frigging teeth. Step away from the trendy facial tool and wash your bloody face properly.
3. Nothing good ever came from scrubbing your face with a peach kernel. There's a reason they are 99p. Step away.
4. In general, foaming is what you want Fairy Liquid to do. Not your cleanser. And to the brands: I am unapologetic.
5. Freckles are cute. At any age. You will do damage to your skin trying to get rid of them. Leave them alone. Embrace them.
6. Stress is the key to most flare-ups, whether they are acne, rosacea or eczema. Practise relaxation. And not in some hippy-dippy way. Seriously. See the bigger picture. Chill.
7. Inflammation is the root of all evil. Eat less sugar, take more fish oil supplements. A lot of fish supplements.
8. Natural doesn't mean you won't react. Essential oils are one of the biggest triggers for skin.
9. 'Dupes' belong in makeup and nail varnish. There is no 'dupe' for a high quality, years-of-research-behind-it skincare product.
10. Spend your money on supplements, skincare, foundation and concealer and scrimp on the rest. You will look fabulous.
11. If you would spend more on shoes, handbags, lipstick, jeans or fashion in general than you would on high quality skincare - you will be a sixty year old woman (and man) with a vintage wardrobe and a face like an alligator.
Re: 11 (Not "10") Things We All Need to Know...
YES!! Don't even get me started with these peeps in tanning beds. Or smoking. Sorry, but I'm a nurse, and the research proves everything!!