Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

which one of these foundations will work for oily skin?

I have done some research and I like the idea of all of these. Which one will stay matte all day? If I use a primer and loose powder.

Lighter coverage:

ABH foundation stick

milk sunshine skin tint

urban decay one and done hybrid

nars velvet matte skin tint

fuller, heavier coverage foundations:

Kat Von D foundation

Urban Decay all nighter

tarte rainforest of the sea

I don't mind full coverage but I am wondering if you can make them lighter for the day time if possible? I would rather have a lighter coverage but I don't know if any of them stay matte all day

Re: which one of these foundations will work for oily skin?

Staying matte depends on how oily your skin is and what other product you use. Sometimes you have to experiment.  I suggest staying with water-based foundation; silicone-based will tend to slide off oily skin (even tho it looks lovely for a few hours). Your primer base (water/silicone etc) should match that of your foundation.  A setting mist like UD DeSlick is also great for keeping oil down. Depending on how long your days are (mine are 12 hrs), you may have to blot with blotter tissue and lightly reapply powder.  Have you considered powder foundations - some great ones out there and they don't feel heavy like a liquid foundation. With the right primer, can be just as good as a skin tint (which I don't like with my oily skin because they feel more like moisturizer with a tad foundation, too emollient for my oily skin and I get breakouts).

I would advise against cream foundations (this more often than not means no stick foundations) if you have oily skin as they will break up on oily skin.

Liquid tends to work best for oily skin, and there are several great options regarding various levels of coverage - get some samples and play around a bit 🙂  If you choose to go with a full coverage foundation, you can sheer them out with moisturizer.

Long term, I would look into skincare to achieve a more balanced skin type. I used to have super oily skin, and have migrated to combination skin through skin care.

Hi cellyissogirly, 

You've got some great options here! I would recommend visiting your local Sephora store to find your best color match and to take some samples home. This way, you can try out a few foundations and see which works best for your skin 🙂

Bisous, 

Sian

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing