Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

tarte maracuja oil for oily skin??

i have 2 bottles courtesy of a friend and ipsy and i was wondering if it'd be okay to use on oily, acne prone skin that is sensitive as well. let me know what uses it has and what you would recommend please!

Re: tarte maracuja oil for oily skin??

@kaelaaamorgaan It's one of those things, you'll never know until you try. I have exactly your skin type. Argan Oil transformed my skin. It helped clear up my acne and healed the dryness and damage I'd caused from stripping it with harsh cleansers. I also use an argan oil cleanser (like the one from Josie Maran which is also great). 

Argan Oil was my gateway oil. I now use many including sweet almond, coconut and Maracuja. Oils are hit or miss and unfortunately the only way to know is to try them.  Coconut oil is avoided by many people because it's highly comedogenic, however it has antibacterial properties and my skin loves it. It doesn't break me out, it actually helps clear existing acne. Go slow if you try that though. Just try a small dab on an existing pimple and see how it reacts the next day. 

If the Argan doesn't work well on your face, use it for any other body part. It's great on cuticles, frizzy/dry hair or as an aftershave moisturizer. I usually put a different moisturizer on first, then top with the argan to seal it in. Good luck and I hope it works for you. 

I have combo skin and it's perfect. It might be a bit too rich for oily skin so apply sparingly, or add 1-2 drops to moisturizers that you think isn't moisturizing enough. If you don't want to use it for face, you can use it on the body or rub it on the ends of your hair if you have dry hair.

If you are interested in facial oil for oily skin, try Fresh Seaberry, Clarins Lotus or Herbivore Lapis oil.

I tried this oil a couple of years ago and it broke me out after a month of nightly use. I have oily/combo and acne prone skin that's sensitive for your reference. I bought the jumbo size so I used up the rest of the oil on my body. My body was fine with the oil though. 

Everyone is different so I would try to use it sparingly every other day/night to see how your skin reacts. Hope that helps! 

Yup! I have oily, acne prone skin and have been using the maracuja oil for a month or so now. I add two drops to my moisturizer and apply it as my final step every night (and sometimes one drop in the mornings, but not necessarily every day), and the decrease in oil production has been dramatic. I'm still working on getting rid of the acne completely, but that has dropped off some as well. It took my skin a few days to adjust to the added oil (and I was using three drops in the beginning, which may have been too much), but after that few days, the difference was amazing!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing