stephg74956

oily skin

hello, I am new to this site as well to makeup. I was wondering what are some good suggestions for a moisturizer for oily skin as well as a pore minimizer.

lylysa

Re: oily skin

(0) Hearts

For moisturizers, check into Murad's Oil Control Mattifer SPF 15, though the formula feels a tad thick like glue/paste, emulsify it a touch between fingers before applying to your face to help thin it out some. It does a superb job at mattifying and offers SPF protection.

Sephora also launched their 8 Hour Mattifying Moisturizer with SPF. The oil free formula also contains antioxidants to help protect and nourish skin.

In regards to pore minimizers, check out this thread below that shows a variety of options from primers to pore targeting treatments:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Oily/Primer-for-oily-skin/m-p/610795#M701

For more skin care related items that aren't listed, Algenist's Multi-Perfecting Pore Concentrate, Murad's T-Zone Refining Pore Serum, Sephora's Pore Refining Serum, and Clinique's Pore Refining Correction Serum.

stephg74956

awesome! thanks for all the replies girls :smileyhappy: ill look into all of those 

BeautyJunkie325

You can also try Shiseido's Pureness Matifying Moisturizer.  The SA that helped me last week with my Color IQ used this on me & I got a sample to try.  I really like it.  It is definitely on my "to buy" list as soon as I finish up the bottle of moisturizer I have. 

Shiseido.jpg

solveig

(0) Hearts

I second that. This moisturizer has a very light texture, and is easily absorbed by the skin. Boscia's Clear Complexion Moisturizer is also similar to this one and just as good.

As far as pore minimizing goes, your best bet is to invest in a good skincare routine that will purify your pores so they are less visible. Some glycolic acid based cleansers do a good job, as well as purifying masks.

And of course, especially if you are new to makeup, put your best effort in taking your makeup off before bed. Trust me, it makes a HUGE difference in the appearance of your skin.

pinktorridora

(0) Hearts

I use the Boscia Black Hydrating Gel and the Tzone Mattifier. Love them. 

clarks18

(0) Hearts

Two great moisturizers for oily skin are Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel and Cethaphil Oil Free Moisturizer.  I have used both and they are both great for helping to control moisture without drying you out.

Two great primers are Hourglass Mineral Veil and Benefit the Porefessinal.  They both have pore minimizing properties.  The Porefessianl is a thicker formula than the Hourglass Mineral Veil.  

I hope you find something that works for you!

stephg74956

awesome! thanks for the replies, i checked the korres gel cream but i am alittle confused about it being matted. what does that mean exactly?

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

That  just means that it has ingredients in it to keep your shine under control.

Natural32

(0) Hearts

hey, i second the korres pomegranet gel-cream, i would also sugest the ole henriksen vitamin plus mousturizer.

beautylovingirl

The Algenist Multi-Perfecting Pore Corrector Gel Moisturizer

The Korres Pomengranate Balancing Cream Gel Moisturizer

Either one of these would be great for you to look at.

Hope this helps!

cherrybombtastic

(0) Hearts

I really like Murad's Oil-Control Mattifier SPF15. Even though it's thick, it dries matte without that white cast that most sunscreens have. If you're looking for something at night, try Korres. I really like Korres Yoghurt Sleeping Facial. I hope this helps and good luck!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • pinktorridora
    • lylysa
    • solveig
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • beautylovingirl