JennyJuice

oily skin

(0) Hearts

i dont have any breakout just plain oily skin, can anyone help out or reccomend a product that really works

chewcifer

Re: oily skin

(0) Hearts

my skin is oily, but no breakouts, either. i've found that a primer will limit oil production and pore size. i've been using neutrogena shine control primer and i'm loving it! it controls oil all day and i'm using neutrogena oil-free moisturizer SPF  30, which is kind of chalky feeling and i think that's helping as well. i agree with the suggestions to use a gel moisturizer, too. also, drinking water all day will help with oil production-stay away from caffeine!

JennyJuice

(0) Hearts

i too have been drinking plenty of water and staying away from caffeine, and any junk food as well. i dont usually moisturize my skin i have pretty good skin just my oily-ness that bothers me.. lol  

themakeupaddict

(0) Hearts

Skin works as a system, so best results are to use a complete skin care line that is formulated as a system...I'm a devoted Clinique 3-Step believer!  (Over 10 years and going strong!! :smileyhappy: )  I'm a Type 3 oily skin, so oily through the t-zone and comfortable through the cheeks, in the summer, my skin flirts with being a Type 4 which is just plain oily all over.  Basically, the face wash for oily skin, the appropriate level of Clarifying lotion and Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel.  From the "foundation" of basic skin care, (cleanse, clarify/exfoliate, moisturize), there's quite a few oil-controlling products, (the Stay Matte moisturizer --LOVE, foundations,etc), as well as treatment products, (anti-damage/aging serums and moisturizers), that are formulated without oil, so again, appropriate for our skin type.  My skin is happy, hope you find a routine that keeps your's in-check!

JennyJuice

thanks im pretty new to the skin care and whole make up foundation thing i usually only do my eye make up so thats why i put up a post so i can get an idea of what to start using. thanks again. 

nicavonk

I have combination skin, but my T-zone is super super oily. I've realized that it took me a lot of time to find the right combo for me that works and didn't over dry my skin. I start with Origins Checks and Balances face wash, then I use Murad Clarifying Toner, I moisturize with Murad's Oil Control Mattifier which has a spf 15 and then I finish off with Nars Oil-Free Pro Prime Pore Refining Primer. For a setting powder I use MattifyCosmetics Mattiffy Ultra powder. I can go with or without foundation using all of the above and I always carry with me Shiseido's Pureness Oil Control Blotting Paper.

JennyJuice

thanks for the tips ive been hearing about the murads products i think im going to give it a try, im good without foundation but i dont like the oil i get through out the day 

nicavonk

(0) Hearts

I would still recommend the Nars Pore Refining Primer. It's great all on its own, it gives you a nice matte smooth finish and it's absolutely colorless. And don't forget those blotting papers!  Good luck in finding what you need. The great thing about Sephora is being able to take samples home and trying everything out.

helpful

I definitely agree with Givenchy Mister Mat, Clinique Stay Matte, and Urban Decay De-Slick. Totally got my oil under control!!!

ChicDabbler

Agree with the given make up suggestion, I also enjoy Clinique Stay Matte and Benefit POREfessional.

As for skincare, do you use a toner? I've tried many but Clinique Toner 2 is what I come back to (a must in the summer), it's refreshing, inexpensive and help to control oil (yes it does contain alcohol, which shouldn't be a problem for oily skin and it's only 10 ingredients, less ingredients = better).

If you are not using a gel moisturizer, switch to a gel moisturizer. Clinique yellow gel is a basic one, moisture surge is also good. I like BLISS Oxygen+C or Philosophy Take a Deep Breath, both are super refreshing and gives your skin a boost of oxygen. Boscia oil-free line is also pretty good.

So that's that. Try it and hope it helps. =)

JennyJuice

(0) Hearts

i really havnt been using anything on my face i usually only do my eye make up, im really just starting out with taking care of my face and what not. thanks for the tips.  

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Oh right, SPF is important. It tends to make the moisturizer a bit more greasy, so opt for a serum or lotion type. If you live in a sunny area, you probably want more than SPF15. I like Origins Perfect World UV protector SPF35, or Supergoop/Shiseido for more sunscreen-y and less moisturizer-y SPF. I've heard good things about Clarin and Kate Somerville SPF.

beautylovingirl

Are you wanting skin care or make up suggestions?

JennyJuice

i would like both skin care and make up suggestions, :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

For makeup suggestions you could try the Kat Von D tattoo foundation or the Hourglass Immaculate liquid powder foundation and a good finishing powder is the HD powder from MUFE it's my fave. For the oil controlling part on skincare there's the Murad oil control mattifier, and I think someone mentioned the Givenchy mister mat. Does that cover everything? I think I got them all. :smileyhappy: Hope this helps.

JennyJuice

thanks for the tips everyone has great tips thanks for the help. ill give some of these products a try :smileyhappy:

lylysa

I'm with Beautylovingirl, let us know which route you want to take so we can make better suggestions and know what you're willing to invest in.

bananachoox3

I have oily skin too. To make your makeup last a bit longer with oily skin, I would get a primer that not only holds the makeup a bit longer but controls oil. I've found that Benefit's POREfessional does that for me as well as Givenchy's Mister Mat. Either one will help. I would also recommend a setting spray by UD De Slick. That not only get rid of any powdery look but sets the makeup. I would never leave my house without that on. Also get a setting powder that will help control oil. I'm currently using Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. Love that stuff. For moisturizing your skin, use a gel type moisturizer underneath your makeup since it will absorb faster. 

EMM4

Murad mattifing oil control lotion works to control oils through out the day and it also protects you from the sun. Also there is a makeup setting spray from Urdan Decay called de slick that can helps control your oils and if your really oily you can spray in on before your make up and after. You can also try smashbox photofinish face primers in light or hydrating to  help control your oils.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 15 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • chewcifer
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • nicavonk
    • beautylovingirl
    • JennyJuice