Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
Anonymous Insider

oily skin tinted moisturizer

Hi I have posted here a few times but im trying to get more opinions. I am having the hardest time finding a good tinted moisturizer for summer that is light and will keep oil at bay.Its so hard to find. I get pretty oily and when I get oily I get cakey.

Here are a few I have found:

1. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 - Oil Free

2. NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

3.NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint Broad Spectrum SPF 30

4.tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen

5.tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15

6.Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick

Can anyone tell me anything about any of these? I do want it to last all day without getting oily and cakey.

Re: oily skin tinted moisturizer

@Anonymous I've heard good things about the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer.  If you are having a hard time finding the right one, I've read that you can always mix a foundation you like with a moisturizer and apply that.  I would set it with translucent powder, though.  You also might have some luck with Perfekt.

My personal favorittes are Lancome http://www.sephora.com/bienfait-teinte-beauty-balm-sunscreen-broad-spectrum-spf-30-P380690?skuId=155...

and 

Erborian http://www.sephora.com/bb-creme-clair-P396093?skuId=1705839&icid2=products%20grid:p396093

Both are lightweight, stay all day, the oil control depends on what I'm doing, but generally the don't melt. I use shiseido future solution lx loose powder on top of them. The only downside is shade selecion, but if you're within the range, the are worth trying. I'm on my second tube of lancome (I still have it in old packaging) and the first of Erborian.

Hi @Anonymous,

I have used the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer during summer (I have oily skin as well) and liked it. 

I found that the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Full Coverage Foundation would not blend and would sit on top of my skin. 

I do set the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer very lightly with a powder so that it lasts longer during the day. 

I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@Anonymous

I have oily skin as well, but I do not like a matte look.  So when I wear a base, I only wish it doesn't make me any "more" oily than I am.

With that in mind, here are my comments 

2. This isn't for oily skin.  It adds extra dewiness and make look oily.

3. I have tested this and it looks nice.

5. This is not a tinted moisturiser.

6. As much as I loved my shade match, this foundaton stick makes me incredibly greasy very quickly.

I use Bobbi Brown BB cream SPF 35(?).  I like it a lot.  It DOES NOT give you a matte finish, nor does it prevent oils.  It gives a lovely finish and doesn't make you any oilier than you are.

Anonymous Insider

Thank you for responding.

For 3 does it last all day? I watched a youtube video of a lady trying it out and she got oily within a few hours so that its why I am asking.

5. I know I just added it because it was under the oily skin preference.

Thanks for telling me about the bobbi brown cream I will do some research on it.

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing