Maar15

oily, sensitive skin

(0) Hearts

Hi there!

My face is oily on the T zone and is also sensitive and I can't find a product that will remove some of the oil but won't be too harsh on my skin. I also have a bit of acne. My face isn't that oily but lets say that when it arrives the lunch hour so 12 I use a oil pad to remove some of the oil. Also when I clean my face with Clean and Clear oil free and then put a "Purifying emulsion with essential oils" from Carole Franck Paris product you can see the oil of my skin coming to the surface of my face and then my face shines.Is there a cleaser and cream that won't do that? Witch cleaser and cream would you recommand?

Thank you!

bananachoox3

Re: oily, sensitive skin

(0) Hearts

I agree with bubblewrap77 I have sensitive skin along with roseca and I use cetaphil gentle cleanser. I would use burts bee sensitive makeup remover wipes then use the cleanser and I would use cetaphil cream at night with clinique dramtically different mosturizering gel for the morning since I have oily skin on my t-zone as well.

bubblewrap77

(0) Hearts

Cetaphil gentle Cleanser for all skin types and Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. 

The first won't bring your face out of balance like a lot of cleansers do, the latter really helps calm down oily skin. Gives it the moisture that it needs without adding oils.

aiobhan

(0) Hearts

Boscia made my sensitive/rosacea skin FREAK OUT. Ask for a sample of anything that has purifying or detoxing qualities - it means they use astringent ingredients that can be really unfriendly to sensitive skin. Als Clean and Clear is awful. I hate that stuff; it's only ever made my skin worse. It's just too harsh and full of weird stuff.

Four things that will help keep you from getting oily:

Stop using harsh face washes. It strips your natural oils so your skin over-produces them to compensate. Try a gentler cleanser for a full week (to give your skin time to get back to normal). There are many kinds available, but I really like Clinique, Bare Minerals, and Murad - they all have gentle cleansers that get the job done. Yes to Blueberries makeup wipes are great for in the evening to take off your makeup.

Use a primer under your makeup on freshly washed and moisturized skin (always allow 30mins or so for your moisturizer to absorb before putting on makeup!!), or at least on skin that's been cleaned with a makeup wipe. I suggest Bare Minerals for a gentle primer.

Use a powder foundation, or a BB cream under powder. Keep a pressed-powder and fluffy brush, as well as blotting papers, in your purse for de-shinying your face during the day.

Find a light moisturizer that's not a gel or cream, which are heavy. I have two moisturizers - one for all over my face, and one for just the spots that get extra dry like my cheeks. Origins, Clinique, AHAVA, and REN all have awesome light moisturizers.

Also, Urban Decay's setting sprays are amazing. I use All-Nighter for when I have long days, and it keeps my makeup from getting too oily and melting or too dry and flaky.

Good luck :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Boscia products don't have any harsh ingredients in them and especially no astrinigents or alcohols. They are a natural product line and are recommended for sensitive skin.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I would recommend the Kate Somerville Daily Detox line or the Boscia purifying cleansing line. Hope this helps!

helpful

(0) Hearts

I also have an oily T Zone. I've found that Purity by Philosophy cleanser paired with a clarisonic works wonders. I moisturize with Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel with Givenchy Mister Mat as my primer before applying foundation. Top it off with a spritz of Urban Decay De-Slick to set everything and you should stay shine free for at least 8-10 hours. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • bubblewrap77
    • aiobhan
    • beautylovingirl
    • helpful
    • bananachoox3
    • Maar15