alexandra4453

moisturizer makes my skin oily??!

i use olay sensitive moisturizer and it makes my skin oily, even more oily than it is! 

is there any moisturizer out there that doesn't do that?? 

TrysBeautyItems

Re: moisturizer makes my skin oily??!

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Since you're using a moisturizer for dry skin, are you sure you have oily skin and the skin is not overproducing oil to over compensate for the loss of natural oil?

What are your other skincare products geared to..meaning skin type.

alexandra4453

(0) Hearts

thanks everyone!! 

gatsby3

(0) Hearts

I have very oily skin and have recently started using the Boscia Revitalizing gel as a moisturizer and it doesn't make my skin oilier. 

andyhtrieu

If you have oily skin, you should be using moisturizers with a gel texture. Lotions and creams are way too heavy for someone with oily skin. It will make your skin even oilier. 

I like the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel for day and night. It has a really light texture and my skin absorbs it right away. For SPF, I like the Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control SPF 30. It doesn't have a gel texture, but it feels very light on the skin.

quixotic

[ Edited ]

You may want to try the Clinque Moisture Surge.  It is an oil-free cream-gel formula that works great on oily skin and won't make you more oily. It provides a natural finish.

If you want to try a moisturizer with salicylic acid, there is the Korres Pomegranate Balancing Cream-Gel Moisturizer.  This will give you more of a matte finish than the Clinque and has pore minimizing ingredients.

Hope this helps!

JayReed

For oily skin types, you want something that has salicylic acid and lighter texture like a lotion or gel not a cream! 

caperella

I think Olay Sensitive Moisturizer is intended for dry skin. If you're oily, you should be using something for oily skin types that's not as heavy.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • quixotic
    • TrysBeautyItems
    • caperella
    • JayReed
    • andyhtrieu
    • gatsby3