laurennnlove

glam glow vs. origins vs. fresh masks

So I want to find a good mask to start using.   I have very oily skin and large, visible pores.  I am 22 and I have some acne, must mostly just blackheads and clogged pores and I've learned from all of my smart BTers that a mask will help me.  (: So I want everyone is recommending either the glam glow, origins clear improvements or fresh clay masks.  I was wondering if everyone could hep me decide between those three.  The glam glow is just so expensive and I'm wondering if the origins is just as good, or should is the glam glow worth the extra money??

thank youuu <3 

CzaCee

Re: glam glow vs. origins vs. fresh masks

you can get Glamglow in Amazon for just $34. That's where I buy mine and I'm inlove with it. :smileyhappy:

erinnnkay

I have gone through 2 Glam Glow's and have the Origins as well. From my experience, I prefer GG 100% over the Origins charcoal mask. od course it's about 10x the price, but it actually clears up any breakouts I have and pulls out blackheads, which Origins didnt do.

also, the charcoal mask is a nightmare to remove- I feel like I have to tug at my skin which isnt ideal.

PS. My skin is normal (slightly oily in the summer) and acne prone.

TrysBeautyItems

I have Fresh's clay bar and Origins..have tried GlamGlow supermud - which didn't seem to do much. Origins seems to draw out impurities. Fresh is just clay which also tightens pores, can't compare to Origins as Fresh doesn't really draw out the gunk.

atr3810

I'm a big fan of the Origins charcoal mask, which I use 1-2 times per week on my very oily skin.  I have no issues with blackheads now, and I think this mask is why.  I don't have the Fresh Umbrian Clay Mattifying Mask (is that the one you are asking about?), but I do have the Fresh Umbrian Clay bar that I use like a mask about twice a week as well.  This one helps with oiliness and keeping breakouts in check.  It's different from a regular mask, in that it is a clay bar that you rub on your wet face after cleansing, and then let the wet clay dry on your skin before washing it off.  It is pricey (to me), but the one bar seriously lasts forever.

I'm a fan of spending what it takes for great skin, but I just can't see spending upwards of $60 on a face mask, like GlamGlow.  But that's just me, and I probably spend money on moisturizers and serums that others would gasp at too.  :smileyhappy:

chupi

I am a fan of both Glam Glows (haven't tried the blue one yet). I have a deluxe sample of the Origins one, but have yet to use it. If you look at the ingredients, GG has a lot more of essential oils and extracts, but not the charcoal. You could buy the mini of the GG black and the mini of the Origin's. Do half you face in one and the other half in the other and see which one works better for you. Can't speak for the Fresh because I don't like their stuff (too mild for me).

laurennnlove

(0) Hearts

i don't know why i didn't think of that! haha I'm going to try that! (well depends how much the mini GG is haha).  Also after hearing about all of the products, I want to try all three for different reasons! I want the fresh one tighten my pores and the origins to clear my pores! haha

pixyfaygo

The smaller black GG mask is $19, but Sephora has a great GG set. 

I just bought it, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

laurennnlove

i wish the white gg came in a $19 size! haha I don't need the black one quite yet. i was considering the white one because its supposed to hep clear pores. 

Jandi

I'm a big fan of the glamglow (white) but I only use it on my nose. It lasts a long time that way and I don't have blackheads elsewhere. I recently purchased the origins. It is nice but my skin doesn't feel balanced after using it.

ireneh

(0) Hearts

whats the difference between the black and white one??

ireneh

(0) Hearts

So which one should I use if I don't have acne concerns but have some blackheads?

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]

black: This mud mask leaves skin noticeably radiant and glowing

basic mud mask

white: ...to help fight all common skin concerns including breakouts, discoloration, black and white heads, razor bumps, and in-grown hair.

clay mask with charcoal and bits of tree parts

chupi

The white one is for acne.

pinkonyx

I dived in and bought the fresh, it has cleared my skin up, it's expensive but lasts forever. I use the origins charcoal mask as a spot treatment. Very good too. But may I add a suggestion, I also LOVE boscia black mask, it cleans your pores and you can see the difference instantly. Good luck either the origins or fresh are good options. 

laurennnlove

really, you liked the boscia one?  is that a peel off mask? I'm afraid that a peel off mask would hurt me.  I also wanted to try the boscia black line because i heard it was good for oily skin and blackouts.  so i tried the moisturizing gel and it was weird. i wasn't a fan of the tingling feeling and it left my skin black.  i would rub it in so much but i found it would dry black before I finished rubbing it in.  I guess since then I just gave up on the boscia black line but i guess i should reconsider! haha 

rdesigns

I tried the Boscia black mask and found that, if I did not put it on very thick, I could not peel it off.  It took me a half hour to get it off the first time.  I had tried putting it on thicker after that, but I still had problems removing it from certain spots. I ended up with red spots on my face from trying to get it off, so I finally just threw it in the trash...lol  For me, it was just too much of a hassle, and I felt that it was damaging my skin.  I do love the Glamglow tingling mask though.  It is very easy to use, and I am happy with the results.

pinkonyx

I can only speak for myself laurennlove but the black mask is great. i have sensitive acne prone  skin and large pores, and it has worked for me. from your description you have similar skin to me this is why I suggested it. But it your worried try a sample First. 

DTalksAll

I personally am not a fan of peel off masks & have read a lot of reports that it's not good to use something that tugs on your skin, which peel off masks do. 

chupi

That's my opinion, too!

Katty2323

they also say anything abrasive is bad for your skin too, like most face scrubs or the hard rough leaves in glamglow. they can lead to premature wrinkles. I think every product carries a risk it just depends on what works for your skin.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 43 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • chupi
    • pixyfaygo
    • ChicDabbler
    • Katty2323
    • rdesigns