DaisySandy

best cleanser and moisturizer for oily skin ?

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone ,

I need "asap" a very good cleanser and a moisturizer for my oily skin.

I tried so many products and i'm getting tired of this...
The only products that i have in mind right now are the Origins "Zero Oil" cleanser , and the "Zero Oil" moisturizer OR the Dr. Brant "Pores no more" kit. Is it a good idea ? Please help ! xo

DaisySandy

Re: best cleanser and moisturizer for oily skin ?

(0) Hearts

Thanks everyone for the good advices ! :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I would look to something like the Murad Acne Complex this is a skin regimen that is already put together with no confusion. Hope this helps!

amberangeline

(0) Hearts

I have oily, acne-prone skin and I love the Murad Acne line! I use the cleanser and the oil-control mattifier every day and my face looks better than ever! 

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

You want 2 things: oil control and hydration.  It makes sense when we think that your skin gets softness from somewhere, and that is either in the form of oil or water.  So, you need an oil-free moisturizer both day and night to give your skin water.  Otherwise, it'll continue overproducing to compensate for being so dehydrated.

Another thing that lessened my oil production was to stop using so many exfoliants.  I was a Clairisonic user and stopped it.  Difference seen!  Then, I used Bobbi Brown's Buffing Grains, which are WAY harsh.  Difference seen when I stopped them!  Now, I use Murad's Pomegranate Mask or Renee Rouleau's Mint Buffing Beads once weekly to slough off what my washcloths do not get.

Try Renee Rouleau's skin quiz on her website.  She has TONS of info on her "Tips" page on oily skin, too.  I use her skin care and LOVE it to pieces!

DaisySandy

(0) Hearts

I don't have a Clairisonic so it's already a good thing for me lol !

So for oily skins , the less you exfoliate , the better it will be ?

And i just bought the Origins Zero Oil moisturizer...will see how it works , i heard great things about it actually , so i'm waiting now for it !

I will check out the Renee Rouleau's website for sure ! :smileyhappy:

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I Would recommend Boscia Black line, The cleanser draws out excess oil, might be worth a look.

DaisySandy

(0) Hearts

I saw the kit on the website ! I readed the reviews and people were saying that it was good , but not worthing the money :smileyfrustrated:...

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

I tried Boscia's line, too, and found it really wasn't worth the hype.  Natural and cruelty-free and all, but def not worth the money.

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

They sounds appropriate. I've tried 2-3 other lines from Origins and enjoyed them all so they are definitely a good brand.

I have combination skin so I'm not sure about cleanser, L'oreal 360 Go Clean in green bottle is really good, and a tad drying for me, so it may be perfect for you.

Bliss Oxygen+C gel cream is the most lightweight moisturizer I've ever tried (super liquidy) so that's another option. And if you have seriously oily skin like my mom, you can try a hydrating serum and no moisturizer (rule of thumb says you need moisturizer, but if she looks better with serum/no moisturizer than moisturizer, well, it works for me).

DaisySandy

(0) Hearts

I heard some people saying that to actually reduce the sebum , you need to really deep moisturize your skin so that the skin produce less sebum ? Sounds crazy to me but who know ? For the serum , it will not cause anything to my skin on a daily basis ? Cause it's not the same thing as a moisturizer really... And i heard about the L'oreal 360 , i will probably try it !

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

What products are you using now?

DaisySandy

(0) Hearts

I'm currently using the new Olay "Fresh Effects" moisturizer and cleanser , but i'm not so sure yet if i like theses products or not...It seems to do not much for my skin to be honest. And for my toner , i have the spray mist toner from Dermalogica Cleanstart , i really enjoy this product. And then to exfoliate , i use my Lancome (twice a week). I need to find a good routine for my skin because i hate it so much right now :smileysad:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 6 in conversation
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • jennypenny1995
    • ChicDabbler
    • DaisySandy
    • beautylovingirl
    • amberangeline